SP Sci-Fi [WB] Clone Wars: Arkonne Assault - New ATM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
zahar said:
Guys I just find a way how to convert models from Republic Commando and Batlefront 2  :shock: :shock: :shock:

You can pull the SBD's from it then, can't you?
But you gotta get permission from George Lucas, so no, probably not  :neutral:

Anaxeo said:
zahar said:
Guys I just find a way how to convert models from Republic Commando and Batlefront 2  :shock: :shock: :shock:

You can pull the SBD's from it then, can't you?
But you gotta get permission from George Lucas, so no, probably not  :neutral:

Our mod is non commerce (we don't sale it to nobody) so we can use models without permission (it's legal until we don’t make money from it) for example SWC use rancors from Jedi Academy (I don't think they ask permission from Lucas art)

I can, but there is no need to use SBD from Republic Commando (Barf's SBD looks excellent so there is no need to replace it)

Show me the link that SWC pulled the rancors from Jedi Academy. I really doubt that they did, they have too many good modelers to do that.

Anyway stealing models from games, is still high frowned upon here. Not only does it make you look incompetent, it gives the creator of said game a perfect opportunity, to send you a cease and desist. Now you can do it in your personal mod, that will not get distributed (we can't stop you from doing that).

QuailLover said:
Show me the link that SWC pulled the rancors from Jedi Academy. I really doubt that they did, they have too many good modelers to do that.
Here
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,121855.0.html
watch and you will see (Rancor from jedi academy apears in the trailer he is on the baner and ofcourse he is in the game (he were conwerted by Swyter))
The guys write the original creator of the model so they not a stealer

QuailLover said:
Anyway stealing models from games, is still high frowned upon here. Not only does it make you look incompetent, it gives the creator of said game a perfect opportunity, to send you a cease and desist.
Shut up pleese... I not stealing models from games untill I don't get any money from that or untill I not telling that the model is myne...
If you doesn’t see yet I always write the name of original creator first only then my name

QuailLover said:
Anyway stealing models from games, is still high frowned upon here. Not only does it make you look incompetent, it gives the creator of said game a perfect opportunity, to send you a cease and desist. Now you can do it in your personal mod, that will not get distributed (we can't stop you from doing that).

It wouldn't be stealing, we'd give them credit for creating them. I would probably ask for permission though. And it is VERY clear that they used rancor models from the Jedi Academy. Have you ever played it before? They look exactly the same. SW:C's modelers aren't THAT good.

And George Lucas wouldn't send a cease and desist. He'd send  a crappy director to try and make it in to a movie. (sarcasm)

Watching the trailers didn't prove anything actually. I had to dig around in the ModDB (and I really mean dig) to find that. The difference between them using the rancor model, is that, that particular model is now open source. Last I checked the models in Republic Commandos and Battlefront 2 are not open source.

QuailLover said:
Watching the trailers didn't prove anything actually. I had to dig around in the ModDB (and I really mean dig) to find that. The difference between them using the rancor model, is that, that particular model is now open source. Last I checked the models in Republic Commandos and Battlefront 2 are not open source.

We never even said we would be using the models. Quit freaking over it.

QuailLover said:
I had to dig around in the ModDB (and I really mean dig) to find that
You waste much time to make my work harder, didn’t you?  :grin:
QuailLover said:
Not only does it make you look incompetent, it gives the creator of said game a perfect opportunity, to send you a cease and desist.
QuailLover said:
The difference between them using the rancor model, is that, that particular model is now open source.
So if they use open source model that didn’t make them incompetent? :wink:
QuailLover said:
You guys make me laugh.
You make me laugh Qualit
killeri said:
why are you here if you got something to ***** about the mod?
I can’t answer this question!

We can use any model until we write original creator and our project is non comers
It’s quite legal
But I don’t see big use in RC and Battlefront models (maybe commando helmets and magnaguard)

P.S.
Anaxeo said:
We never even said we would be using the models.
Neither I said we would (but we can)

killeri said:
werent magnaguard bodyguard of grievous?

No, they were more like droideka. They were rare, but you could see them all over the place. But yes they were his bodyguards too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom