WARBAND - Questions About Tactics, Strategy and Overall Gameplay

Users who are viewing this thread

1)I see that all factions have special troops, not from knights, special for a certain town or something.
I guess a town has special troops but how do you upgrade regular units to them? what conditions?
For example i have seen guardian empire knights, some special d'shar, marleons heavy cavalry.
Is there a special thread with these troops, requirments etc?
2) What the hell is the point of wasting one qualis gem to open the noldor shop in Laria when you can acces their castle and buy better stuff. You can get a rune bastard sword from rogue knights and ebony plate armor from sigmund, nolodr bow and armor from lethardian...etc
3)What do i do in the hidden mines of al aziz? i cant do anything and the hermit only drinks my wine. If you dont tell me i will just ignore them and another qualis gem wasted...
4) Why do si loose troops when i stay back, lost a ravenstern ranger when attacked 4 desperate cutthroats? it's a bug or a feature not to stay back all the time? i had 140 soldiers, had cavalry too

I'm having a little trouble killing off this unique spawn called Syla Urzas (or something like that). Her troops are full of empire Empire noble and honor troops: 30 Centurion, 100 Immortal and 100 Empire Knights. In the battle she just rushes my lines with her highly resilient cavalry to disrupt my infantry and archer lines, despite my cavalry's best effort (normally most cavalry would be grinded by my archer's fire and cavalry very fast) and when the Immortals reached my archer line, they laid complete waste on my troops.

Any tip to defeat infantry-based army with overpowered cavalry that never dies ? (After they slaughtered all my reinforcements of 100 ravenstern rangers and 40 knights of Dragon + Hero adventurers, they lost only 12 Centurion and 23 Immortals  :shock:

holydemon said:
I'm having a little trouble killing off this unique spawn called Syla Urzas (or something like that). Her troops are full of empire Empire noble and honor troops: 30 Centurion, 100 Immortal and 100 Empire Knights. In the battle she just rushes my lines with her highly resilient cavalry to disrupt my infantry and archer lines, despite my cavalry's best effort (normally most cavalry would be grinded by my archer's fire and cavalry very fast) and when the Immortals reached my archer line, they laid complete waste on my troops.

Any tip to defeat infantry-based army with overpowered cavalry that never dies ? (After they slaughtered all my reinforcements of 100 ravenstern rangers and 40 knights of Dragon + Hero adventurers, they lost only 12 Centurion and 23 Immortals  :shock:

Possible bug? Knights of the Dragon destroy Immortals and Even Centurions.  Also The Empire Knights are probably what destroyed your army.

Also always always always keep some kind of foot troops to guard your archers.

Get lords to help you or....get d'shar bladesman, they are easy to train if you have trainer level 10, get empire armored crossbowmen, get knights. When enemy cavalry aproaches charge the cavalry, the centurions that pass.....charge your infantry. Put like 25 crossbows and 20 bladesman after them, cavalry. Get a nice hammer and whack the infantry as they charge or kill all centurions yourself. I killed a lot of noble troops of the empire this way.....just use the follow me command when troops scatter too much.
Empire knights are  cavalry killers mostly and they are good at it
Barclay troops are also good against them

I need a small tip on creating a character.

I wish to create a knight based on the Knight archetype in the wiki, as in, 1h-polearm-2h-shield user, riding a good, balanced horse, with order armor. Any tips on stats, skills, starting choices? I checked the wiki, and I'm looking for something more detailed.

I have a question regarding archers.

I was just looking through the troop editor and I found out that Ravenstern Rangers have better equipment and similar stats to Silvermist Rangers, which are supposedly the strongest human archers in Pendor. Ravenstern Rangers have a long composite bow and bodkin arrows, along with a two-handed sword to deal with cavalry, whereas Silvermist Rangers get a long bow, standard arrows and a longsword + shield which doesn't do quite well. This means that Ravenstern Rangers will fire faster, deal more damage and also deal with cavalry better than the Silvermists. One thing Silvermist Rangers do have is a higher weapon proficiency by 50 and 3 more STR.

So I wonder, will they be more effective than Rav. Rangers when upgraded?  Because if not, I will stick to Ravenstern for quality archers instead of using an expensive gem.

Heresy Patron said:
I need a small tip on creating a character.

I wish to create a knight based on the Knight archetype in the wiki, as in, 1h-polearm-2h-shield user, riding a good, balanced horse, with order armor. Any tips on stats, skills, starting choices? I checked the wiki, and I'm looking for something more detailed.

For a "pure" Knight build you should try this:

Father outlawed Knight
Served Barcly noble
Squire
Loss of a loved one

This is the purest Knight type build I could find, no party skills at all beside 1 Surgery and 4 Trainer.

IronF - 3
PS -4
WM - 4
ATH - 2
Riding - 2
Persuasion - 1
PM - 2
Leader - 4
Skill points to distribute - 4

Str - 11
Agi - 7
Int - 4
Cha - 10
Stat points to distribute - 4

1h - 106
2h - 106
pole - 101
rest is 31

With this build you have a solid start as a melee fighter.

It will allow you to earn your first denars in the arena from day one. It's easy to get to 18 STR (erliest is level 4).

Careful with Sarleon,you start with negative relations (your father is to blame) with them. don't even go there at start, build up a little before you do that, have 810 denars to pay a lord for peace, don't talk to the lord if he is chasing you, best option is in a castle meeting. or just help out a group of peasants in a fight.

Sieges will be hard for you, going in with only melee in mind is not the best idea, consider a crossbow as an option (no skill points needed).

Check this out as well, it's a bit outdated but most of it still applies - http://popmod.wetpaint.com/page/Starting+a+new+Character

Enjoy  :cool:

Roji8 said:
holydemon said:

Possible bug? Knights of the Dragon destroy Immortals and Even Centurions.  Also The Empire Knights are probably what destroyed your army.

Also always always always keep some kind of foot troops to guard your archers.

Immortals picked my Knights off with their nasty javelins when I was chasing the centurions.

I have 20 kierdguard; I don't really use these guys much except in siege. The rangers are much more powerful, in both range and melee. But I think I will use some blademen like Nicotin suggested; see if they fare any better.

I would probably increase my knights of dragon number, maybe 60 and replace all the hero adventurers.

Thanks for the reply.

Well, after paying the fierdsvain and everyone else off except for Sarleon (Costs like 25k Denars...yeah, no.)  I wanted to know the trick to taking a Sarleon Castle and Keeping hold of it.

The answer is buried in 77 pages of this thread.

Poor holydemon! Eaten alive by a unique spawn! Sylas Uzas, who´s one of the more annoying ones. You´ll get your first can of prime Vaseline for free!

holydemon said:
holydemon said:
I'm having a little trouble killing off this unique spawn called Syla Urzas (or something like that). Her troops are full of empire Empire noble and honor troops: 30 Centurion, 100 Immortal and 100 Empire Knights. ... they lost only 12 Centurion and 23 Immortals  :shock:

Immortals picked my Knights off with their nasty javelins when I was chasing the centurions.

I have 20 kierdguard; I don't really use these guys much except in siege. The rangers are much more powerful, in both range and melee. But I think I will use some blademen like Nicotin suggested; see if they fare any better.

I would probably increase my knights of dragon number, maybe 60 and replace all the hero adventurers.

Thanks for the reply.

What difficulty? What formation were you used? How did you manage yuor troop in battle?
I would distract enemy by cavalry and would fire by archer from middle range, once enemy cavalry in melee would order all to hold fire.

noosers said:
...You´ll get your first can of prime Vaseline for free!
:smile:

I am very afraid of this, and in such cases I prefer to run  :smile:

Gudzini said:
holydemon said:
holydemon said:
I'm having a little trouble killing off this unique spawn called Syla Urzas (or something like that). Her troops are full of empire Empire noble and honor troops: 30 Centurion, 100 Immortal and 100 Empire Knights. ... they lost only 12 Centurion and 23 Immortals  :shock:

Thanks for the reply.

What difficulty? What formation were you used? How did you manage yuor troop in battle?
I would distract enemy by cavalry and would fire by archer from middle range, once enemy cavalry in melee would order all to hold fire.

noosers said:
...You´ll get your first can of prime Vaseline for free!
:smile:

I am very afraid of this, and in such cases I prefer to run  :smile:

I play on normal/normal. I turn off Vicky since I'm a noob  :oops: and I prefer to manually configure my troop ranks.

I normally mix both my Kierguard and Ranger as one unit. At the start of the battle , I told my infantry to hold ground in 2 rank depth line, and position my cavalry in 3 ranks on my right flank and slightly above my infantry. When the enemy charge, I ran the cavalry left and right, to the mid section of enemy's army, right infront of my infantry (and archer), who would rain arrows on the frontal enemy combatants. This strategy should work well if not for all those Centurions who are almost impossible to kill with arrow (seriously, what exactly kills them? God, 85hp and heavy armored horse...), and those Immortals who throw javelins at lightning speed on my poor horsemen.  :cry:

Turn on vicky:grin:
Dont mix troops, dont scatter troops, dont let them run after enemies:grin:
Sometimes it's better to let the cavalry charge thru your archers and ram into the cavalry in the back, charge infantry then.
Kierguards have short weapons, not good for cavalry, bladesman are better:grin:
Also mix archers with rangers and armored crossbows.
Try all combinations until you kill them:grin:
If there are so many empire knights, dissmount and get a long weapon and a shield or a powerfull 2h like a halebarde and kill them on foot.
Try killing as many enemies as you can since they will strart routing, i killed 30 snake armsmen and some other units and about 15 cobra warriors routed....:razz:

if I tel a king I want to renounce the vassalage, do I get to keep my lands, because it seems the only way to become a king. I am a vassal o ravenstern, but the king gives me everything I want (relation is 30, renoun 2500 honor 250) I tried refusing one feef to make him give the next to another, I proposed to give the feefs to himself, doesn't work, I now have more lands the the rest of the kingdom (6 towns, 4 castles and 6 villages). I just want to break free with my large domain,

Only way to keep all your lands is when the king refuses your request for newwly taken, i suppose you just gotta keep assaulting towns and castles until it happens, or you could make all your lands with low defense and retake em fast after you leave the kingdom. It will take a long time for the king to redistribute that much land, so if you villages with high rep you can get new soldiers extremly fast... tho youll need a huge cash deposit for this.

i wonder what battle size setting do you use, and does this limits max units on the map, or max units from one side on the map?
if i for eg.  set it to 30 then no more than 30 units will be running at the same time on the battlefield with all other waiting as reinforcements?

@Mihai - You will be granted every single location you conquer in future. The king likes you too much. You´re caught in a positive relation circle. Disband all castle garrisons and town garrisons, only keep the true elite in your army, leave Ravenstern as vassal, take your prime pimped town instantly back, man it, declare yourself souvereign, do a quick recruit run, retake the second town, garrison it, recruit, retake, till the first Ravenstern war party shows up.

Since you helped them that much you´ll soon have more than enough lords to keep your new kingdom safe.

@macxx:
If you set battlesize to 30, there will be a total of 30 troops spawning on the battlefield (cav counts more than infantry, me thinks, so less if cav units). After reinforcements arrive, there may be more than 30 troops around but since a lot of them will soon be dead it matters little. All the field battles have 2 or 3 reinforcement waves, afterwards it´s over for one side and the battleround is finished. Out of enemies=battle won, loot.

Siege Battles are different as you don´t have to kill the whole garrison at once - if you manage to kill all the defenders in stage 1, you´ll get to stage 2 and 3, with the battles decreasing as you move onward into the city and if you survive and win the final fight in the keep (usually 2+your vs 5) you won the town, loot. That way you´re able to make a couple of hundred prisoners at lucky times and you should be able to pick off a full load of cashcows.

is there a way to mess with the scripts do make him not give me the lands? ( I have around 2500 men overall, and woulnd not like to disband 90% of my army)

or a way to ruin my relations with him

also there was a variable in WB that reduced your chances of the king choosing you if you had a lot of stuff

Back
Top Bottom