Native Completed Warband Fantasy League (Player Rankings Added)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Burgundy said:
@Cream There are a lot of complications with that from what Trox did, and will still involve a lot of deliberation and effort

You may be right, but I thought Trox was really trying to make a good team at the beginning.  I don't believe he snapped until weeks later.

Our Original Team:

Trox $1,500,000.00
Cru $4,750,000.00
Cradoc $3,000,000.00
Zacty $1,250,000.00
Gorlock $3,500,000.00
CreamPie $250,000.00
Moric $500,000.00
Stone $1,500,000.00
Andrei $0.00
ummidk $1,000,000.00
Berg $1,000,000.00
Kr8dle $250,000.00
Nigerian $1,000,000.00
Glitterball
Apollo

Magnolia216 said:
Ron Burgundy said:
@Cream There are a lot of complications with that from what Trox did, and will still involve a lot of deliberation and effort

You may be right, but I thought Trox was really trying to make a good team at the beginning.  I don't believe he snapped until weeks later.

Our Original Team:

Trox $1,500,000.00
Cru $4,750,000.00
Cradoc $3,000,000.00
Zacty $1,250,000.00
Gorlock $3,500,000.00
CreamPie $250,000.00
Moric $500,000.00
Stone $1,500,000.00
Andrei $0.00
ummidk $1,000,000.00
Berg $1,000,000.00
Kr8dle $250,000.00
Nigerian $1,000,000.00
Glitterball
Apollo

The issue with that roster is that it's plagued with inactives. A handful aren't able to play. For example, cradoc and nigerian

Rake said:
Then we have the division of SK. From just looking at the forums, no other information, it is easy to draw the conclusion of a vindictive admin team. That being said, there is clearly a lot missing from this conversation, that SK and the admin team haven't shared (for whatever reason).

From our side, we shared all the information and knowledge we have about this issue. The inability of Roberta (who single highhandedly pushed this resolution, again, from a PERSONAL GRUDGE) and the admin team.(again who were mostly agreeing that our team shouldn't have been dissolved since there was no reason to until PROBABLY being threatened, or somehow swayed or left out of the decision by itself.) The lack of any other explanation/evidence from Roberta himself, again, who is solely responsible for this decision(no need to blame the admin team on something that they pretty much had no say on) proves my point about this being done as a retaliation our team. There IS NO factual evidence being presented, BECAUSE THERE IS NONE whatsoever to the reasons that were put forth, which again, revolve mainly about a lie that we would quit if the trade didn't go through.

Also if we are talking about things that were said in teamspeak as proof now, I am sure the captains and the admins that were present when our team RETRACTED our statement for quitting after learning that the other team didn't want to go through with the trade in the first place would be happy to confirm this. The conversation was had, and we CLEARLY conveyed to all the admins present, especially Roberta, BEFORE they convened to make a decision, who is LYING about us giving him no option since "we'd quit", and how we left him no option. This is a BLATANT lie, and all the people in that ts will be happy to confirm it. All the people in that teamspeak conversation are more than welcome to come forth and confirm this, which included Prime and a bunch of more people, which I sadly don't remember.

If the solution to making the teams more balanced is to dissolve one of the stronger teams, which I don't agree on, we can go ahead and dissolve Roberta's team as it has continuously been PROVEN that his decisions are being conflicted by his duty to win with his team, and be a fair head admin to this tournament at the same time.

A re-draft does seem like a good option though unless if something else can be worked out that doesn't involve disbanding teams for no reason. If disbanding the Squirtles and redistributing them to the teams would be a viable option that would actually fix the issue, we can look into that too, as that team agrees that their team should be disbanded.

The_Troubadour said:
Huh. Now everyone is crying for a redraft. Lol.

Guess Ron, John and I were right about the mess that is the Free Agency

not really

its more of how the situations were handled the system itself

nt tho mate

hey let's make a draft tournament
and then in the middle of the tournament..
we haha XD we redraft everything
because some teams are doing better than others
wtf what a surprise lmao ?

Surkan said:

I wouldn't want a redraft if the SK team just stayed as it is, SS was the team that got ****ed

Well, the tourney went to **** pretty damn quickly.

And free agency has undoubtedly been a severe detriment to the tourney as well.

A redraft should have happened sooner, now people are entrenched in their teams. It's too late into the tournament now for a redraft, not everyone will be happy with it, and it very well might bring the tourney to an end. Some will say everyone is just complaining, and others will say they got screwed over. It's impossible to look at this tournament and not think it's a disaster.

I think I'm going to basically restate things that Ron said a while back, but a free agency can't work when you have no idea who's going to show up in the free agency pool. Using American sports for example, the best up and coming players for most sports are known since before they even come out of high school. And anyone who's good enough to compete at a high level is already on a team.

In MAB, some top tier players have gone inactive, others have simply not shown up. Not to mention we are seeing some high caliber players popping up when official matches have already started taking place.

Surkan said:

The_Troubadour said:
Arys said:
The_Troubadour said:
Huh. Now everyone is crying for a redraft. Lol.

Guess Ron, John and I were right about the mess that is the Free Agency

not really

its more of how the situations were handled the system itself

nt tho mate
And these situations came up because of the system.

Arys said:

Stop diverting this ship you fools!

REDRAFT

Here is what Marquis had to say about this debacle.

It would seem to me that we've witnessed a pretty deep divide occur between members of the tournament, the captains of the teams, and the administrators. Since much of what we're seeing in the past couple of pages is either flaming/personal insults, or some variant of "It's xxx's fault this happened", I would like to propose a two-step solution to this situation, which (while not making everyone ecstatic), is entirely reasonable from an objective standpoint, and would hopefully enable us to move forward with this tournament (which I have, by the way, enjoyed, seeing as its an opportunity for nub players like myself to play with great talent/learn from other players).

For starters, I suggest the reinstatement of SK. In regards to the argument that dissolving them makes the other teams more balanced, I tend to disagree. I find that PP and YY are the most heavily favored to win this tourney, but SK had (has) the potential to pull on an upset win against either of these teams. Further, I suggest that the threat made by Sigi, Can, and Aporta be forgiven as nothing more than a rash statement, and they be allowed to play for SK as well. If this is done, I would think it would go a long way towards restoring Rob’s credibility with the competitive scene which has (rightly or wrongly) been deteriorating at a fairly steady rate due to some of the admin team’s previous decisions. While I personally tend to sympathize with the administration of any hosted tournament, I feel that the numerous decisions recently made by the admin team (which occasionally contradict each other) have caused the normally clear lines between tournament admins and team captains to be a little blurred. As someone, somewhere has said in either this or the NC thread, admins should not attempt to run tournaments as a full blown democracy. They should be open and willing to suggestions, but in order to make those decisions, they need to be unbiased.

This leads into my second point. From the start of the tournament, there have been claims of team captains using their positions on the admin panel to influence rules in order to give themselves an advantage. Therefore, I suggest a change in the way the tournament is run- add a “judicial branch”, as it were. Keep all captains as match referees, but make it illegal to be both a member of the administration and a team captain (here’s where both Rob, Arys and Nevino will raise their eyebrows). This is not, I repeat NOT, an attempt to try and throw Rob out of his own tournament- he hosted it, put forth (along with other admins) a herculean effort to get the ball rolling, and for that he has my respect. What I do advise, however, is the creation of a “final court”, so to speak, if the current admins/organizers cannot reach a consensus on a course of action. This would involve using players who are not team captains, but are still willing to help with administration, such as Zaffa or Achaner, and are therefore less biased than the captains. To those who still retain doubts, I would suggest that all members of this admin ruling willingly forego any part of the prize money, should their team win. Finally, if you feel this may be hypocritical, I would readily volunteer to be a part of this group (and I’d hope my tendency for being relatively calm/laidback would make me an asset to this team).

TL;DR: Revert back to the status quo, reinstate SK. Divide SS if it honestly won’t be able to stand on its own 2 feet. Go with Cream’s suggestion to take a week break to figure this out. Divide up the admin team, and keep those with a personal stake (i.e. the captains) from being the ultimate authority in delicate situations.

Personally, Im completely done with this whole situation. With that said I am still completely 100% behind whatever the admin team decides to do, as long as the captains and players are behind it as well. If that means a redraft so ****ing be it. But until a decision is made dont expect much activity from me or my team as I just dont have the health or energy to deal with this constant bull**** anymore. Sorry

Haven't read everything (have read most) and I have 0 stake in this except providing occasional streams but if I was an admin for this ****fest I'd be pushing very hard to:

-Redraft and completely eliminate free agency.
-Shorten the tournament by two weeks or so to make up for this.
-Trading players should only happen during a certain week and not before or after. Maybe have it happen twice during the tournament and not during finals stage.
-Vet the captains a lot better at the start. Make sure they're fully aware of the rule set and responsibilities. Speaking of rule set..
-Be very clear with the rules.. consult with every potential captain, admin, etc to make sure it's crystal clear so no underhanded BS occurs.
-Transparent admins. A lot of this crap could have been avoided methinks. I do think getting a child board can help.. the website while nice doesn't help much in this regard.

My 2 cents, take what you will from it.

Calamity said:
Haven't read everything (have read most) and I have 0 stake in this except providing occasional streams but if I was an admin for this ****fest I'd be pushing very hard to:

-Redraft and completely eliminate free agency.
-Shorten the tournament by two weeks or so to make up for this.
-Trading players should only happen during a certain week and not before or after. Maybe have it happen twice during the tournament and not during finals stage.
-Vet the captains a lot better at the start. Make sure they're fully aware of the rule set and responsibilities. Speaking of rule set..
-Be very clear with the rules.. consult with every potential captain, admin, etc to make sure it's crystal clear so no underhanded BS occurs.
-Transparent admins. A lot of this crap could have been avoided methinks. I do think getting a child board can help.. the website while nice doesn't help much in this regard.

My 2 cents, take what you will from it.

+999999

The things that really were destructive the tournament was a lack of openness/communication and trust in the first few weeks. The other was the Free Agency with random godly players signing up late and getting picked up by teams. These two things combined with the Trox scandal made it a bad experience for many people. We as a community can't foresee every single circumstance and situation. This tournament was the first of its kind and with polishing, I think it can be something that everyone enjoys.

One thing I would suggest is to not have two head admins from the same team, this would make sure there are different views on situations that come up and help have different opinions inside the admin team.

Most people here have covered everything else that can be said better than I could. I hope fair decisions are made and given substantial thought by the admin team. I hope they consider players and how those players feel about their actions and how those administrative actions impact them and their teams.

Shemaforash said:
As far as I know I'm the only player so far that has been singled out and dealt with in a manner that doesn't match anyone else in the tournament. And for what reason?

You are not. Almost every trade after Trox has been pretty carefully examined by quite a few people. I think the criticism laid out by the player base (that being that the admins are unaware of a players skill, or incorrect in their assessment) is fair. But people out crying admins looking into trade/deals either doesn't like to learn from their mistakes, or are unaware how much damage a trade can do. When it comes down to it, Rob thought he vetted the captains to the best of his ability. A player took that level of trust, and abused it for no reason other than pissing off Rob or some ****. I find it funny that the day before that I was defending Trox over these trades, I thought he was a pretty stand up guy but everyone is wrong from time to time. Anyways, no one is targeting you Shema, its just a fear of more self destructive teams imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom