Warband Epic Event- Sign Ups! (Mount and Thrones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi warband lovers! In TOTALWAR many of you know me as Chris AKA Spear/alpick fagot.
normally I only **** around on IG and the siege sever but back in the day I played some WNL games. But now when I play on IG I get bored and the siege sever feels like to many people just spam and don’t give a **** when they die.

So I want something that big cool and fun! Something that will unite all the Warband  players when  Bannerlord comes out!

What kind of game will it be?

The game will be a mix of styles combined on warband. So no DLC needed !WE WILL CALL IT!!

Turn based game (Totalwar aspects)
The game will be commendable for the 4 kings ,the king can make tactical dictations and build up there economies spend army point . More information about the turns and army points you will find lower in this post at the turn and army point. 
warband gameplay :
We want to have massive battles. 100 vs 100 or 50 vs 50. For these big battles you need a real shield, good tactics and you can’t just solo win everything. Also we want to have siege battles that make sense Like in singe player. We want to combine these aspects. And implement these into big battles and cool siege battles.
Survival game play style.
dayz kind of game, we recognise that having only one life make people make  good decisions and not always throw away there life. They want to play more in a team and the overall game experience will be  better. 
THAT WHY WE will put in limited respawns. If you die in battle you can respawn next week, but only if the king has army points to spend. If the whole army gets wiped, it takes time to build it up again. Soo you will be in a defensive state for a time.Soo don’t die!
We want to create a feeling of  constant pressure! You don’t want to die ,so you will sometimes run away or will not pick fight when your outnumbered.
We will implement a system that fleeing and running away from the battle field its allowed so you can fight another day if you see the battle is lost.
Soo this way morale will be a real thing in the battle! Instead of not giving a **** and just respawn the next round.

Game board ( dungeon and dragons ) 

The turn base style of gameplay,  there will  be a few  aspects implemented in Mount and thrones.
What does this mean? For example.  The first one to move on the map will have an advantage over the other players. Soo there will be a game master appointed. That THROWS A dice. for all the 4 kingdom’s . the highest throw will start the game. Soo everything will be fair in that sense.
there are more things the game master will throw the dice for but this will be explained later in the post.  At the dice throw.
All of this will be recorded, so we all will know there is fair play.

RP aspects

There will be a allot of RP aspects and options in this game. For the people that don’t like it not mandatory. But this will add allot of character to the game / storyline of the mount and thrones
There will be A few main roles for every factions.
King  ( if you want to apply for this roll you need to be a good leader and want to rp a bitt)

Hand of the king  ( some one that can speak for the king)

Kings guards ( 6 Armoured knights )  They should be the elite warriors! Defend the king at all time and defend them from assassins. The top players of the, for example of the WNL players should have this roll.

Son of the king ,  this will be an extra live for the king. If  the king dies the kingdom will fall .
But also can be another player. He will get kings Armor and can fight in battles. But if he falls he can never come back.
And ofcourse there will be Titles for people that do crazy **** like kill a king! King slayer!

Also will there be  scenes that provide  RP this will be recorded. For  example the talk before the battle. Kings and there kings will ride in front of the army to have a talk before the battle.

Loot and reward system
This aspect will be implemented as well. Not in loot but in gold. We will all start with only 500 gold!
every kill will earn you 200 gold. This is easy to document ,we will simply screenshot the leaderbord  at the end, this way we will know who killed what and how much of a reward they got for the next battle.

But if you Die! You will lose all your reward and you will start again w 500 gold. SOO  don’t die!!!

The playing board
the playing board consist of 16 moving fields every moving field has different terrain. 4 of the moving point are strongholds/castles these points are harder to take and will cost allot of troops to take. If well defended.
The terrain is also made for the factions you play. There will be 4 factions.
FACTIONS:
Sultanate  ( they will have the desert style castle)
Rodocks ( they will have the rodock style castle )

Nords ( they will have the nord style Castle)

Swadia ( they will have the stadard style Castle )

How to play on the board?  And what's the point of conquering land?
Every region on the map will gain your kingdom power. The power you will gain will be rewarded in manpower. Every Region of land you have will gain you  5 manpower per turn.
Soo lets say you have  5 lands under your command you will gain 25 manpower per turn. The 25 manpower can be spend to raise new army’s.

Manpower:

Manpower can be used to raise an army. To keep the game interesting and more fun for all sides. We made it so that the kings decides how to spend the manpower. The king of every faction can spend their point how they see fit.

All kings will start with 150 manpower. 

Spending points :
Infantry cost 1 manpower
Archers cost 2 manpower .
Cavalry cost 2 manpower
We made it this way because archers and cav can easily kill fleeing people and they can stay out harm’s way if they want to. Soo that why they are 2 time more expensive
So a short example how to spend the 150 points:
100 inf and 25 achers
Or 150 inf
Or 50 cav and 50 inf.

It’s all up to the king how he or she want to spend the manpower. But when an army is made, you can’t rearrange your army. You need more manpower to make new recruits to your army.

We need people to sign up for a side
We need a minimum of 80 people per faction to sign up. when theres 120 people in one faction the faction will be closed ! so be  fast to sing up on your side!. I know its looks like allot, but how the game is set up its lower skilled players  can do harm to better skilled player. One mistake and it could be over. Soo also if your new sign up! Theres people from the native, siege, and NW community  that will play on this too!

If you sign up
NAME:

Faction:
Roll: 99 % will be  a normal soldier

What do we to start this project need?!
People to help me to promote it
200 slot server
More Map makers
The warband community  to stand together !
Have the pro clans not all stack in same factions (Make it interesting we want a good fight not a push over)

I know we have 4 kings but if you see yourself as a better king you can still apply for king.
if there are 2 kings they will have to do a lancing tournament.
the winner will be the true king !

Turns.
Every turn will take a week. In this week the kings can set up there army and there will be a date set for the fight.
Every Monday the kings will do a skype call with the game master (if the kings cant show up the hand of the king will speak on his behalf) . The game master will throw a dice to find out which king will make the first move on the map.
There will be a max of 100 movement points (Each movement point is representing a soldier in the army.)
Every soldier you move will cost 1 moving  point per region it crosses.
Soo if you want to move 50 units forward by one region it will cost 50 moving points.
If you want to move 25 units over 2 regions, it will cost 50 points, etc

Extra’s  good or bad! Bonus rounds:
The kings can get bonus round, if they throw a 1 with the dice they will get a kid
If they throw a 2 they get 20 extra manpower
If they throw 3 they will get  1 assassin option with 2000 gold to spend on his gear. They can use the assassin to try assassinate a king, the hand of a king or a kings son. The king has to divide the kings guard in-between him his son and the hand.  Soo for example 2 guards on the king 2 guards on the son and 2 on the hand of the king.

If they throw 4, then  20 rebels will fight your force if you have more than 4 territories.

If they throw a 5, 3 assassins with 1500 gold each to spend on gear.
If they throw a 6, if you have more the 4 territories a random rebel force of 40 men fight you to the death!  Default equipment.

woop woop, sign me up"!

NAME: Synn of the DarkCloud
Faction: Nords
Roll: soldier, or kingsguard if there is a spot :razz:

I guess I will get in on it too. Hopefully someone appreciates having cannon fodder.

NAME: Mr_Deluxe
FACTION: Nords
ROLL: Soldier

Didnt read all that text but i like the name

NAME: Kragen
Faction: Rhodok
Roll: INfantriy

Why did you just screenshot it? You could have saved the logo and a credits would be nice. :razz:

mount_thrones_03_by_belendor-d9h5a0t.png

For the Dicerolls, I would suggest TS, not skype. Unless skype has a diceroller plugin again.
Or perhaps Board Game Simulator, if all the Royalty + GM has that, since we could put the game map up there.
Speaking of the game map, can armies move diagonallly?

Ciiges said:
V
O
U
C
H
Thanks, you should join the Desert Storm.

@ Ceasar,
I had a long talk with Total last night, he seems very motivated and willing to pull through. The campaign is relatively easy to understand for everyone involved, and there have been several different campaigns in the past that were more complicated. I would say this campaign has a decent chance of launching and running for a while.
I think the most important aspect is signups and good maps.

Back
Top Bottom