Warband bugs topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Harmi

Squire
This topic is just for fun. Not expecting anyone to start fixing these, but I wanted to start making a log of these. Some of them actually could be used as advantage in multiplayer. Here are those I already have recorded. I'm going to record more of those when I'm lucky enough and have time.

Axe in head -bug. Caused by broken hitbox of axe or the character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVVa2usdkso

Location glitch. Caused maybe by hitboxes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK4__i_LvK8

Clever player uses the physics bug to go under ground.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF406f5t4N8

This is how you go inside walls by using horses. Recorded in **TG-arena** desert town -map. I think it caused because the horse was just at the same time disappearing when I was inside of the horse(!) and disappearing horse maybe has some different physics. I don't know, but it caused me to snap inside wall. When I first time could've do it, I tried to do it very many times after that, but could not. So I think it is very hard, or I don't know the exact method to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doBuasxDEO8

This is how you survive jumps from any distance. When you jump, you need to aim the jump so that just before ground contact, you touch some element, for example wall. The game engine understands it that you fell from that wall distance instead the higher jump you actually did. Also hear the walking sounds during he fells from air. :p Also if you jump with horse, you cannot die. The horse might die, but the rider does not lost health.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uTaSaT5m6E

This guy shoots halberds or what is it that is happening there? (I was told, that this is not a bug)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir_znJHVTeA

Horse did not touch him, but he still got hurt?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I80Zjtym9w

Here another horse video. I killed that horse without touching it, looks funny though. Look that blood spot that appears into horses chest. My lance was there moment ago, but it was not there when the blood appeared and i'm quite sure I did not touch the horse. Or is my 35 ping too high? Maybe things happened too fast and the server though my lance was still there?
https://youtu.be/IV3vf_UAjBg

This kind of terrain elements distorts the horse weirdly and can also cause him to get stuck. I think this is because there is 2 elements very close each other, but the element's normals? are pointing so much different direction, that the horse "don't know" to which one it should lay his feet. That causes the feet to go trough ground surface and distort the rig in a way is visible in video. The character also is not anymore the rider, but he is actually flying in air.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWoVG1JiT_4

These gigantic arrows and other kind of flying weapons, that are stuck in air. :smile:
I'm not 100% sure what causes it. Those seem to be stuck in air always in some specific areas, not everywhere or even not even in every map. So some map element might cause these to be stuck in air. But what causes them to be huge, I have some idea: I believe that the programmer have took a "shortcut" with the arrows / stuff like that. Speculation: In most games the projectiles have a hitbox and the graphical element itself. Now the hitbox is attached to the graphical element. The reason for that is because the projectiles are always too small for the physics engine to recognize.

It causes very often that the target might be between the physics engine samples and because of that the projectile go trough the target without actually touching it. It itself is also a bug that happens sometimes in Warband.

Simplified example: Physics engine checks for every second onnce the location of every projectiles in game. (of course in game the sample rate is much higher) The speed of projectile is in this example 10 meters / second. Now we need to have 10 meters long hitbox, if we want to check if the projectile touched any target during that one throw. If the hitbox is any smaller, it increases the change that the physics engine misses the target.

But for  (not perfectly working) fix for that they need to make the hitbox to something very huge, for example 50cm arrows hitbox can be 2m long, now it can capture more physics engine samples even when it is flying very fast. But I believe that the programmer of this physics engine used the graphical element itself as hitbox. That's why he made it very big while in air. Now because of some random reason the huge arrow / other element might get stuck in air. I'm not sure if the arrow still can kill someone when only the graphics are stuck in air, or do the air also block the effect of the arrow.

BTW, these are just my speculations of how the engine might work, I'm not programmer myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjFXa-YQ45k

If you have some similar recordings, I can add them to this topic too.

You need to add this bug where when you get dismounted it looks like you move 2-3meter futher and suddenly you teleport back to where you got dismounted

Kragen said:
You need to add this bug where when you get dismounted it looks like you move 2-3meter futher and suddenly you teleport back to where you got dismounted

Sounds funny. How could one achieve that? :grin:
I have seen only that where when your horse get killed, you do that teleport thing. But never when you start it by yourself.

edit: Oh, now when I started thinking. On **TG-arena**, there is that one map. If horse rider rides to one specifig place from correct (or wrong) way. The horse just collapses. It looks like the player is riding with dog or something like that. I have no idea what causes it, but when I saw it for the first time, I could not resist myself from laughting. :grin: I need to record that also.

This is how you survive jumps from any distance. When you jump, you need to aim the jump so that just before ground contact, you touch some element, for example wall. The game engine understands that you fell from that wall distance instead the higher jump you actually did. Also if you jump with horse, you cannot die, the horse might die, but the rider does not lost health.

Namakan said:
Harmi said:
Shooting halberds?
Server side mod.

This might be true. I was not actually even myself sure about this, but because I recorded it, I wanted to show. :razz:

Here is another recording. The horse did not even touch the guy, but he still got hurt by that horse? Maybe not the best recording about this, but it is very common. Sometimes you can actually fall down because of the horse that did not even touch you. (That guy did not fall) Sry about that black at the end of the video. It was my mistake. Also if someone says, that he did run to that another character. No, that another character is Valilisa and she is woman, horse did not touch her either, even though I think the horse was closer of her than the other guy.

It's very productive day today for me with these, but yeah. Here another horse video. I killed that horse without touching it, looks funny though. Look that blood spot that appears into horses chest. My lance was there, but it was not there when the blood appeared.

This kind of terrain elements distorts the horse weirdly and can also cause him to get stuck. I think this is because there is 2 elements very close each other, but the element's normals? are pointing so much different direction, that the horse "don't know" to which one it should lay his feet. The character also is not anymore the rider, but he is actually flying in air.

These gigantic arrows and other kind of flying weapons, that are stuck in air. :smile:
I'm not 100% sure what causes it. Those seem to be stuck in air always in some specific areas, not everywhere or even not even in every map. So some map element might cause these to be stuck in air. But what causes them to be huge, I have some idea: I believe that the programmer have took a "shortcut" with the arrows / stuff like that. Speculation: In most games the projectiles have a hitbox and the graphical element itself. Now the hitbox is attached to the graphical element. The reason for that is because the projectiles are always too small for the physics engine to recognize.

It causes very often that the target might be between the physics engine samples and because of that the projectile go trough the target without actually touching it. It itself is also a bug that happens sometimes in Warband.

Simplified example: Physics engine checks for every second onnce the location of every projectiles in game. (of course in game the sample rate is much higher) The speed of projectile is in this example 10 meters / second. Now we need to have 10 meters long hitbox, if we want to check if the projectile touched any target during that one throw. If the hitbox is any smaller, it increases the change that the physics engine misses the target.

But for  (not perfectly working) fix for that they need to make the hitbox to something very huge, for example 50cm arrows hitbox can be 2m long, now it can capture more physics engine samples even when it is flying very fast. But I believe that the programmer of this physics engine used the graphical element itself as hitbox. That's why he made it very big while in air. Now because of some random reason the huge arrow / other element might get stuck in air. I'm not sure if the arrow still can kill someone when only the graphics are stuck in air, or do the air also block the effect of the arrow.

Can admins (or someone else? :O ) force someone to change their faction? (and kill them by that way?) That happened me, when I was with nickname "Recording", so I think it triggered the admin to make some fun of me. Alternative way to explain is that it was a bug, but i'm 80 % sure it was not a bug. But cause I'm not sure, I'll post it here. I was Nord when I spawned and then suddenly I get prompted with Rhodoks menu. As you can see, I was not only one for whom this happened, there was another nick also at the same time who died by the same way.

K.A. said:
Yes, the admin did a manual auto-balance.

Ok, then I was not maybe the reason why he did it. Tho I have no idea if there is any reason to do such operation in DM server.

I've noticed that the lenght of the weapons actually is not very accurate thing. It always makes me angry when I see that someone out of range kills someone and I clearly see the sword was not even touching him. Also the lances and spears are very stupid, because you can kill with them like you kill with sword. I mean with pushing movement you rotate like crazy and if someone suddenly touches the lance from side, he dies. :facepalm.

When horse is running to you and you jump so the horse driver crashes to your character, you fall down, but the horse driver has no effect. He is like a statue driving horse.

Back
Top Bottom