SP - UI War informations improvements

Users who are viewing this thread

For now the whole informations system is very stressful. If I don’t keep eye on the short-lived log I will be advised about raided villages or lost castle when it is too late. On the other hand, keeping track of important thing happening in our kingdom is a mess. Useful informations in the log are hidden between tons of useless ones. When moving on map I can’t focus on incoming enemy parties and the log at the same time. And If informations are missed the only way to know what is happening is constantly pausing the game and waste too much time searching for raid icons or siege sound hints.

Having a permanent log (like in Warband) will help but will not be enough. For now the coloured informations system is a failure because it confuses event distinctions and faction distinctions. I would prefer every informations about the faction I am in in green or red and every other factions in grey. Another solution could be every information in the kingdom’s colour.

If not, major informations such as sieges and raids should be written in capital.

The other issue is the overload of useless lines. I can understand if some players want to know everything even in a far away kingdom. The best would be an option to choose what kind of informations the player want. Player could choose if he wants to see siege, raids, victories, tournaments, ransoms or births for example. And for each kind or information he could choose “Off / player’s faction only / every factions”.

By the way I would like to know for all infos where it happened. Especially for battles and lords taken prisoniers if I want to seek vengeance. For now it is possible with cheating in the encyclopedia for enemy locations.

On the map, a new icon for sieges would help a lot, in addition to the current one for assaults only.

But instead of constant information to catch at the right time, I would prefer to ignore them when focused on an action and catch up later when ready. Here is what I would prefer the most: a new part in the kingdom screen that simply list what is currently in progress. For example every allied or enemy settlements under siege or raid. This could simply occupy a small part of the screen in the “diplomacy” section.

Back
Top Bottom