wages of castles and citys, too high?

Users who are viewing this thread

urugamer

Veteran
I have a question! because I do not have castles or city's. I see the castles and cities of computer, and have really big garrisons...

the question is: the money you earn from cities or castles, give you to put a garrison like the computer does?

because, sometimes it is not "real" the money you earn, is not enough even to put a garrison like the computer does...

I took my first city after it changed hands twice.  No way I could have killed 700+.  English took it.  I helped it was a slaughter with their 2k death squad they have.  :shock: The high concentration of lords and miles there was like 15 guys lost.  Galliec(sp) took it back after English just left.  Then I took it before the Scottish tried to siege it.  Scotts stood around in a hoard and essentially protected me.

There was about 160 vs. my 98 or so.  Funny thing is I failed to take the city 3 times.  I accidentally auto calculate and it leaves 7 vs. 17 battle.  I win that match up.  The first week I get 25k.  Second week I get 8k.  I gave one of the villages to a lord who joined me as soon as I had an empire.  I have about 190 troops though. 

Ive also noticed how ridiculously quick enemy lords retrain their powerful army. One time, I destroyed the Livion Master of Teutonic Order and LITERALLY the next turn he has managed to get an army of 60 with some ritterburgs (knights).

Its impossible to keep up with the AI in any way.

happened to me in the previous version 0.95 pre 1! I could not have the garrison of the computer
I remember a Arab castle had 80 Mamluk (= 80 knights) in the garrison of a castle :S
anyone know how much earn with a castle or city? and if u can put a garrison like the computer with that?

In the mod options menu (which is located in the camp menu), you can modify some parameters like fief inefficiency and troop wages, but even if you set it to the easiest setting, I don't think you can have enough income with a single castle to pay the wages of a 400 men garrison (except maybe 400 peasents  :mrgreen:)

The good thing is that even 400 peasants should help to make the enemy marshal rethink if he really goes for your castle. If he does those peasants won't help much but during that decision procedures they do. Well, I am not too sure and haven't looked at the code for a long time but I think high numbers do help. So if there are castles around that are less garrisoned although chances for that are low you should be lucky.

SimonDJ said:
In the mod options menu (which is located in the camp menu), you can modify some parameters like fief inefficiency and troop wages, but even if you set it to the easiest setting, I don't think you can have enough income with a single castle to pay the wages of a 400 men garrison (except maybe 400 peasents  :mrgreen:)

yea I remember that! the childish wages  :oops:

you're right, the truth that they should fix that, to be fair, it should be fixed...
if you can't put a decent garrison even you play with childish wages :/ even a child will lose with that xD

Ritter Dummbatz said:
The good thing is that even 400 peasants should help to make the enemy marshal rethink if he really goes for your castle. If he does those peasants won't help much but during that decision procedures they do. Well, I am not too sure and haven't looked at the code for a long time but I think high numbers do help. So if there are castles around that are less garrisoned although chances for that are low you should be lucky.

yes, I know what you're talking, in the 0,95 version i put 2500 recruits on a city xD because they wages was just 1 denar! but now a recruit wage is like 12 denares so u can put a high number to don't be attacked (that was a good fix) but the bad of that is now u can't put a decent garrison to defend youself!, anyway is smart trying to fool the game with the number of the garrison to not be attacked, but is that really what u want?I think we do that because we have no choose because wages are to high to hold just a normal garrison, or i am wrong?

I back to the question, wages of a castle can be maintained with a normal guarnision as the computer?

anyway is smart trying to fool the game with the number of the garrison to not be attacked, but is that really what u want?I think we do that because we have no choose because wages are to high to hold just a normal garrison, or i am wrong?

Well, the question about what we want gives a lot of answeres and some if not many ideas are contradictory. The bigger garrisons prevent the AI from conquering smaller factions too fast. The player himself has so many advantages like pressing tab during a siege and just by doing so he stops it. The higher troop wages are to prevent the player from having nothing but knights and complain about that the game is too easy and something needs to be done. The list of arguments and wishes is endless, the time of the developers isn't. A good compromise rules.  :cool:

Ritter Dummbatz said:
Well, the question about what we want gives a lot of answeres and some if not many ideas are contradictory. The bigger garrisons prevent the AI from conquering smaller factions too fast. The player himself has so many advantages like pressing tab during a siege and just by doing so he stops it. The higher troop wages are to prevent the player from having nothing but knights and complain about that the game is too easy and something needs to be done. The list of arguments and wishes is endless, the time of the developers isn't. A good compromise rules.  :cool:

and disadvantages?  :razz:
can not have a consistent garrison, or just put troops cheaper to trick the game and not be attacked, is that play normal? :/
that of the knights I'm totally agree, but is easyer salary up to them and not to all! even computer lords have just a few knights :razz:

(in the 0.95 Veterans' salaries were in 128 denars now they're on the 60 denars, is being made to do something to improve this)

Let's assume garrisoned troops are cheaper so the player can afford them. What stops the player to garrison cheap knights? Even worse, the players as we know them, will of course use this mechanism to pile up knights and store them in a castle in case he needs them. Not only knights all kind of troops. I know what you are saying and I am the first to do something about it as cheating the AI is not at all my thing. I am also no fan of having enterprises all over the world just to be able to afford a garrison but actually I have no good idea how this problem can be solved in a decent way.

I am not trying to stop the discussion just pointing out where I see the problems.

Ritter Dummbatz said:
Let's assume garrisoned troops are cheaper so the player can afford them. What stops the player to garrison cheap knights?

remember the new units of infantry can be same good like knights, the dux ginsamer have on melee fight +8 and the rest +6 and their wage is just 60 denars, knights like 260 denars (nice fix they do ;D), so infantry can be same good than knights and just 5 to 1 in price...

maybe wages in "childish" looks good, I have not done the calculations, but the wage of a dux gladiatos is 27 denars, maybe is more closer to have a normal garrison!

Yeah, I confess I am not used to the latest version. I can't see what was wrong with my arguments though. On a side note I also said: "Not only knights all kind of troops."  :razz:

well mr. looks everything indicates to that! Now the infantry fight to the level of the cavalry. the admins do a great job ;D
hope childish wages fix to have a decent garrison (I even have a castle yet but i know the game) :razz:

Not sure if this is possible but would it be possible to make tier zero troops free in a castle? (peasant level, non-upgraded troops) This would be historically accurate because these would be the land-labourers anyway.

To stop people from putting 5000 pedes in a castle you could cap it at 100 or something?

Also, in this mod garrison troops are not cheaper like in native?

DrTomas said:
There not too high - player has many more ways to earn money then AI, so the mechanism for there upkeep is different.

you're going to tell me that you're not playing with childish Wages? (joke)

urugamer said:
DrTomas said:
There not too high - player has many more ways to earn money then AI, so the mechanism for there upkeep is different.

you're going to tell me that you're not playing with childish Wages? (joke)
why should we? ransoming lords, selling loot, having some business, rely on small shock troops and large corps of standard infantry, covered by some standard archers...it works fine for me.

DrTomas and Caeled are right, to be fair  :grin:

I forgot about the fact that jobs in this mod pay out far, far more than others.

urugamer said:
Caeled said:
why should we? ransoming lords

yea sure, u will go far doing that! xD ransom all lords! HAHA

garrisoned troop wages and troop wages in general are fairly easy to mod.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=46290.0

I have just started this mod a day ago and decided to change leadership discount to 7%. I might adjust the moral bonus as well. This is the type of a mod where I am really looking forward to leading an enormous horde from east to west.

There is no need to bother the busy mod overlords for things you can do yourself in less than 15 min :razz:

Back
Top Bottom