Visual glitch when loading edited map from my mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I tried loading my saved edited version of Main_map from my mod, it looked fine when I loaded it from the original default Main_map but when I load it from my mod I get this crazy visual glitch. This happens also when I try to just copy the Main_map files from Sandbox/SceneObj and Sandbox/SceneEditData into my mod and then edit the Main_map in my mod. Is there some file that I'm missing maybe?

unknown.png

Solution
I tried loading my saved edited version of Main_map from my mod, it looked fine when I loaded it from the original default Main_map but when I load it from my mod I get this crazy visual glitch. This happens also when I try to just copy the Main_map files from Sandbox/SceneObj and Sandbox/SceneEditData into my mod and then edit the Main_map in my mod. Is there some file that I'm missing maybe?

unknown.png
I've no idea what's causing that bug. However, copying stuff directly into folders without using the modding tools is actively discouraged by Taleworlds, presumable because of problems like this.
The correct approach, in this instance, is to...

unknown.png
I've no idea what's causing that bug. However, copying stuff directly into folders without using the modding tools is actively discouraged by Taleworlds, presumable because of problems like this.
The correct approach, in this instance, is to load Main_map into the editor from \Sandbox\SceneObj and then use the editors 'save as' command to save it in your own mod's SceneObj folder for editing. That way the editor moves everything it needs etc.

When I've tried to rename mods in the past, I've found it a frustrating experience as the name is embedded into lots of files. Copying stuff outside the editor fails to correct this, leaving conflicting file references.

Upvote 0
Solution
The correct approach, in this instance, is to load Main_map into the editor from \Sandbox\SceneObj and then use the editors 'save as' command to save it in your own mod's SceneObj folder for editing. That way the editor moves everything it needs etc.

When I've tried to rename mods in the past, I've found it a frustrating experience as the name is embedded into lots of files. Copying stuff outside the editor fails to correct this, leaving conflicting file references.
Yes I opened the main map and saved as with another name now it works.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom