Visitable battlefields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Battlefields should remain there for a lot longer. Even if it took an in game month for a battlefield to disappear, you'd probably find 1 to 2 battlefields in a beeline from one end of calradia to the other. However, Battlefields would be picked clean in days, as everyone would know of an epic battle between factions. A group of peasants from nearby cities and villages would head straight for the battlefield in this case, because they know it happened, and there would be precious equipment left behind. However, groups should have the default 'take the essentials' as the above post said, so it would take maybe 4 different groups to pick a battlefield clean. If farmers loot a batttlefield and manage to get back to their village, that should affect the village in some way. Maybe being able to repel bandits as the men have some weapons and armor. Peasants and bandits are pretty much equal. Peasants might be better off, because they work constantly for years, and usually have lots of muscles. Bandits sit around and drink waiting for targets.

Nice idea, I can already see the flying vultures flying above the rotting bodies on the battlefield.

Yeah I like this idea too, take out the x and put a grave stone bigger the greater the battle the nicer the grave stones.

As a character with a reasonable level (36) and loads of villages I find that I don't bother taking any loot after a battle.  Additionally when I'm chasing down 2 or 3 enemy parties I don't want to stop between fights to pick up bags of stones/rags. 

Assuming that high level NPCS would do the same there should be a modifier that allows better loot to be left by "high-level" battlers. 

Also when I get bored I dump all my troops in a friendly castle and take two or three companions to 'bait' looters/raiders into battle.  As there are only three of us and 40 of them we would struggle to carry all that broken armour, bent swords and soiled armour, meaning there is loads left for any scavengers.

Back
Top Bottom