Viking Conquest Update 1.04 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Been trying this patch and it has nice improvements overall but plz devs, hear my prayer on this :

THE RECRUITEMENT SYSTEM IS WAY TOO PROHIBITIVE, especially when you decide to play as a christian and cant just get richer simply by raidin monasteries. Recruitin poor farmers from monasteries and farmlands doesnt really help against any kind of trained bandits and the ruffians are simply too rare on the map. Even if you manage to squeeze a few coins out of a quest you just have no opportunity to spend them until you get 150 renown (and how can that happen since ur army is too weak to get into real fights ?). Unless maybe ure lucky enough to find the one town in the whole map that will let you hire spearmen or watchman for a ridiculous amount (4500 for 8 spears... yes that's cruel). I'm not event talkin about corruptin village elders, they ask for 800p just to let you recruit 2 to 4 ****ty men once every two days.

Eventually after many failed atempts you will somehow get lucky and be able to sustain a party of +50 real fighters and from there ure good to go. But so many hours have to be played for you get there and these hours are realy not fun. Realism in this very case doesnt add to the game, it makes its beginnin just more borin. 

A simple and quick way to fix it would be, in my modest opinion, to put more spearmen and watchmen in the taverns, so u can at least rely on light-medium troops for your beginnin. It wouldnt betray the whole concept and it would really add some spice in the early game.

kalarhan said:
If you can share feedback on this equation that is easier to talk to instead of feelings of 'fast' or 'slow'.
Cheers
you were talking about this
image.png
image.png
Here and compare now.

Petro Buleka said:
kalarhan said:
If you can share feedback on this equation that is easier to talk to instead of feelings of 'fast' or 'slow'.
Cheers
you were talking about this
image.png
image.png
Here and compare now.

There are three different numbers you need to keep in mind when talking about sea speed.

1) Base speed (speed points as show in the UI)
2) Weather effect (storm, breeze, etc)
3) Sailors bonus

Now look at your two cases. In one you have a higher sailors (#3) bonus because your crew has less man (197) -> (refer to the equation). In the other screen your bonus is lower as your crew has more troops (270) -> (#3). You have same numbers of sailors on both cases.

If you want to see the difference between weathers (#2): disband all sailors and see what speed points you have on which one.

Would be helpful if we knew how #1 is calculated too. Ships? Effect of skills? Etc.

In the end the sea speed equation has many factors. At least: weather, sailors, skill, ships condition. Could take in consideration: types of ships (slower in the fleet), if you are going towards or against the wind, where you are, .... the list goes on  :mrgreen:

new thread for ships: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,328351.0.html

Kalarhan, A navigation skills as I understand now superfluous? And if you notice - the speed at both the screenshots is almost the same in spite of all the equations.

kalarhan said:
In the end the sea speed equation has many factors. At least: weather, sailors, skill, ships condition. Could take in consideration: types of ships (slower in the fleet), if you are going towards or against the wind, where you are, .... the list goes on  :mrgreen:
Yes, you can make a huge list of up to whales on which team lost in contemplation. But now is the strong acceleration ship give sailors, I think it is wrong. The strongest acceleration of the vehicle gives the sail and the wind! A little later, I am gathering a full team of sailors and checked calm. But now I can expect that the ship go faster than with a good wind, but without sailors

I cannot recruit a viking army with this patch because I just cannot find any vikings on land. I've been playing with the patch for 211 in-game days and have not found any viking warbands around but only some on the sea. Before the patch there were alot of vikings in northumbria and now there are just sometimes ruffians... Is it the patch?
Oh and my renown is above 400 which should be enoguh to recruit them I guess.

Two handed axes?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

:iamamoron: :iamamoron: :iamamoron: :iamamoron: :iamamoron: :iamamoron: :iamamoron: :iamamoron:

Openning awesome face song with full sound right now.

question about hiring prisoners. Im early in the game and have tried to hire prisoners only to have everyone of them desert in the night. Are there certain skills I need to address to keep them from leaving?

wilsonst said:
question about hiring prisoners. Im early in the game and have tried to hire prisoners only to have everyone of them desert in the night. Are there certain skills I need to address to keep them from leaving?

that is a behaviour from native. You need to do something to increase morale (like win a big fight), but the safest way is to quarter them in a castle/refuge for the night

Honestly I think crossbows should cause piercing damage with bonus to shields since power draw is not applied to them. Even with the higher damage it seems like my crossbow can barely do single digit damage. Here is a screen shot of a head shot for 4 damage.

7EE8E00D32482D4AB80BAB51B92B68B93C2B6887

reiksmarshal said:
Honestly I think crossbows should cause piercing damage with bonus to shields since power draw is not applied to them. Even with the higher damage it seems like my crossbow can barely do single digit damage. Here is a screen shot of a head shot for 4 damage.

Those crossbows were like bows at best.

JuJu70 said:
reiksmarshal said:

Those crossbows were like bows at best.
So, you will leave this as it is? Slings will still be the weapon of mass destruction, bows will do mediocre damage coz of PD skill and crossbows will not do any damage at all?
BTW. Did you implement the fix to slings that was proposed by someone here?

And what about Crossbows ? I'have been surprised that, with a masterwork crossbow and best bolts, i haven't been able to kill somebody with a headshot. (in 1.03)

Considering the strength of a crossbow, I was quite surprised...have you changed something in 1.04 about them ? Or do you plan to ?

Inarius said:
And what about Crossbows ? I'have been surprised that, with a masterwork crossbow and best bolts, i haven't been able to kill somebody with a headshot. (in 1.03)

Considering the strength of a crossbow, I was quite surprised...have you changed something in 1.04 about them ? Or do you plan to ?

Those were not crossbows like you think, more like a poor bow.

Early in the game I spend a lot of time running from folks and when I do get caught Im given the choice to leave some troops behind to cover our escape only in 1.04 I never actually lose any troops even though the dialogue window said I did. other than taking a huge morale hit no troops are ever missing. This also happens the same way on the water which shouldn't even be an option when I have but one boat.

JuJu70 said:
Inarius said:

Those were not crossbows like you think, more like a poor bow.

Pretty sure it is a crossbow, as for the quality we don't know but on the Dorsten stone it shows them hunting boars which is a pretty tough beast to bring down. They could easily be 60 + pound bow staves so I'm not sure they would be completely useless. 

Back
Top Bottom