Viking Conquest Update 1.04 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have also found it weird that almost all cities in the game pagans are majority... Shouldn't it be Christians are majority throughout the map? Even if there is a christian priest in the lord hall, pagans are still majority..

Petro Buleka said:
kalarhan said:
7000 coins is not good enough?  :shock:
He's the King, and owns the city. And for 7000 I can not even buy a horse. 10,000 no less! So the war brings nothing but losses. And after they insulted me twice, offering 500 coins I have to take a measly 7000?

7k is more than enough.

BushDweller said:
I have also found it weird that almost all cities in the game pagans are majority... Shouldn't it be Christians are majority throughout the map? Even if there is a christian priest in the lord hall, pagans are still majority..

This is on purpose to give a Christian player smth to do. remember that monasteries raise the number of Christians over time, so if you're pagan you have an advantage early on, but fighting against the inevitable.

kalarhan said:
alright, the system works, you are just unhappy with the amount. That is a balance issue, not a bug then. Also there is no "capital", its either  town, castle or village for the bonus.
It seems that in your opinion a King should be worth more than a good horse. Ok  :grin:
Btw it is quite easy to tweak... if you want to visit the tweaks thread.
Well, for example, I took the landless Lord, I let him go for 200 coins. After 3-5 days the bastard come and rob my village. Where is the balance ???
There must be a way to play the game without visit the tweaks thread.

Petro Buleka said:
kalarhan said:
alright, the system works, you are just unhappy with the amount. That is a balance issue, not a bug then. Also there is no "capital", its either  town, castle or village for the bonus.
It seems that in your opinion a King should be worth more than a good horse. Ok  :grin:
Btw it is quite easy to tweak... if you want to visit the tweaks thread.
Well, for example, I took the landless Lord, I let him go for 200 coins. After 3-5 days the bastard come and rob my village. Where is the balance ???
There must be a way to play the game without visit the tweaks thread.

Release him instead, and gain relations and honor. He doesn't need a lot of troops to go raiding, but he can't really fight anyone. If your relations are positive, there is a lot bigger chance he even won't raid your village, you know, you have to consider a variety of options.

Petro Buleka said:
JuJu70 said:
7k is more than enough.
That'S Great !!!! Absolutely no ways that war has brought income! Thank you very much!

War brings income, within limits, actually quite alot of it, you just have to invest in skills and attributes other than strength.

BushDweller said:
I'm on day 345+... when are they supposed to be converting

noone is converting, the ratio changes slowly in favor of Christians

JuJu70 said:
War brings income, within limits, actually quite alot of it, you just have to invest in skills and attributes other than strength.
Tell me please, what skill I badly improved?
image.png
image.png
And bonus!
image.png
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Petro Buleka said:
JuJu70 said:
Tell me please, what skill I badly improved?
image.png
image.png
And bonus!
image.png
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

As far as I can see you have no skills, everything is done by your companions. Post your character pic, or if you wish you may upload your savegame.

Sorry don't get the bonus part, he is not bound to agree to anything, regardless of your relations, keep trying.

JuJu70 said:
BushDweller said:

Okay, but why haven't I've seen the ration change in their favor.. it's been 400 days, seems a bit much to me, I've been checking various should-be christian towns every month, and still pagans are the majority

BushDweller said:
Okay, but why haven't I've seen the ration change in their favor.. it's been 400 days, seems a bit much to me, I've been checking various should-be christian towns every month, and still pagans are the majority

in doubt you can use MnbSaveGameEditor to check the *behind the scenes value*. Check the city under parties, slot #235.

You can compare a new savegame with your current one, or use infinite camp and wait a few weeks/months and check again.

Cheers

BushDweller said:
JuJu70 said:
BushDweller said:

There is a random shift which +-1 I think, so on average it's 0, then there is a monastery boost of +1, but it doesn't fire very often, so it may take awhile. Conversion is avery lengthy process, IRL it took over a hundred years to properly convert people.

Okay, also, I own a town, and I built a temple of odin, the populace likes me now, and I still can only recruit briton Christians

BushDweller said:
Okay, also, I own a town, and I built a temple of odin, the populace likes me now, and I still can only recruit briton Christians

Unfortunately, faction troops are generic, we can't really change them just for you in 1 place, then you will be recruiting them everywhere else.

BushDweller said:
Thanks for the reply :smile:

But just wondering, then whats the point of converting them?

More income, better relations, more and better troops

Back
Top Bottom