Viking Conquest Update 1.0 hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all thanks for an in the end enjoyable DLC for the great game that Warband is.

As far as release was well, quite bad, now the game performs alright, even though there is still lots of work to be done with patches, but I'm sure you realize that.

So bug wise that I have not seen posted yet:

1. After starting my own Refuge (omg great feature!), after I left for the first time, giving a rest here command for your party, while outside of any settlement, would move your refuge to that place and charge you 1000 silver. Fixes itself after you rest in town.

2. Troops on ships can sometimes randomly die for no apparent reason. Happen to one Old Captain I hired him at the inn, but we travvelled together across the seas, sacked some monesteries, scouted that loot bearing territories of Britannia and in the end we became something more that just arms mates. We became friends. Yet upon our return to Denmark we came across 3 ships of raiders. We engaged upon them. I myself fell due a stray javelin to the face, but my dear friend Old Captain took charge of my panicked man, lead them into the fray and took many lives with his sword too. With the last pirate die, he suddenly collapsed and died. :sad: :sad: :sad:. Hearth attack?
Happens upon spawning sometimes too. 

3. Known issue but MOST pressing now. Battle AI is dumb, just stands at their spawn. And that happens WITH THE OPTION TO PREVENT DEFENSIVE ON. Very very bad issue.

Also, not a bug, but for Thor's sake, please hear me.
Why, why by Odin did you give bloody butter knives to some tournament competitors? What is a purpose behind it? It does not make the game harder, it makes it annoyingly unfair. There is no freaking way, no matter how good you are, that you can defeat a guy with staff or sword and shelf when you are given the bloody butter knife for a weapon, especially in a duel. Wanna make it harder? Boost some stats of the enemies. These bloody knives are just retarded. You know, I love y Prophecy of Pendor. I know battles against 600 proficiency and 50 strength opponents. I faced the Jatu, I faced the Noldor, I face Engrim the Devouter. I am in for a challenge. But not with that curesed butter knife as my weapon.

Singleplayer here. Just to say that this first patch seems to have fixed the crash problems. I'm really glad that now I can play untill I quit the game, not untill the game crashes!

But it is still quite laggy at huge battles. Hope more patches come out soon so I can fully enjoy this, as I've enjoyed almost 2000 hours of Warband.

Thank you, guys!

kalarhan said:
_HIV_ said:
i might be quite stupid but where do i get the patch for this dlc? ... since i don't have this game on steam?

same way you got the game. But Steam would be easier, why dont you install it?

I'm having the same issue finding a way to patch my non steam version of Viking conquest. Where's the link for the patch file?

After today's update I was finally able to play for a while on MP without crashing or the screen freezing. However, when I decided to risk raising the texture detail from the puny and hideous 70% I was using, the game couldn't handle that for more than a minute.

Still, progress.

MadArkael said:
kalarhan said:
_HIV_ said:
i might be quite stupid but where do i get the patch for this dlc? ... since i don't have this game on steam?

I'm having the same issue finding a way to patch my non steam version of Viking conquest. Where's the link for the patch file?

if you buyed from taleworlds look to your email. Like "Viking Conquest Installer link" there is a "1.0 Hotfix link"

Madhal said:
MadArkael said:
kalarhan said:
_HIV_ said:

if you buyed from taleworlds look to your email. Like "Viking Conquest Installer link" there is a "1.0 Hotfix link"

I purchased from Taleworlds through Avangate and didn't get anything in my e-mail.  What gives?

Stylus said:
mr.playa said:
can any one help me with my problem ?

no one is having the ctd in every location :sad:

i have read all the comments no one seemes to have my issue :sad:

Sounds like a memory issue. I was having similar problems. Turning all the settings down to low helps a bit but it looks like garbage.. Especially the trees. Whoever thought the trees swaying like that was a good idea.. well.. you're wrong.
my system apparently  can't handle this game
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU    T6400  @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
            Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3068MB RAM
          Page File: 2327MB used, 5341MB available
          Card name: NVIDIA GeForce G 103M
    Display Memory: 1773 MB
  Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
      Shared Memory: 1278 MB
      Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

although i run warband smoothly with big battles without lagging
:sad::sad:

Redleg said:
Madhal said:
MadArkael said:
kalarhan said:
_HIV_ said:

I purchased from Taleworlds through Avangate and didn't get anything in my e-mail.  What gives?

First of all, there was no second email from avangate in any folder. Taleworlds needs to have a page dedicated to this that is only accessible to accounts that have their Viking Conquest key in their account.

For everyone with this issue here'a quote from another forum post with a download link to the hotfix. Not everyone uses steam, lets make this easier in the future yeah?

This quote is from this topic http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320264.msg7569992.html

maramot said:
It's fixed. :grin:

Just download the latest patch, called "Latest Patch" from here: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download
Then install the hotfix for Viking Conquest: http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_viking_conquest_setup_1162_10_hotfix.exe

Thanks maramot for the original link.

Agree, the game is not worth playing beyond checking out the DLC's features atm. Not to mention your troops barely respond to your orders, I wish forming a shieldwall was easier too. 

Here's a new video I just made showing some horrible texture issues when visiting a town, and a CTD while in window mode! This is with the latest (beta channel) patches applied as of this very moment, and with an nvidia 750ti (running 343.36 driver)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajXatBG5Nf8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom