Version 0.675 NPC Heroes - Skill/Stat Effects

Users who are viewing this thread

Important Edit (Oct. 8th 2012): This thread was to find out what skills/stats already work for stewards as of Custom Settlements version 0.675, but I just stumbled upon a post today (something the Search Gods didn't show in the results!) that clearly answers that.  Berpol wrote:

(Original Post: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68401.msg5778726.html#msg5778726 )
Question: Do the stats of the to-be-named Steward have an effect on prosperity/loyalty/productivity (trade aso)?
That was planned for later so as of now: No, no effects.

There's still a list of skills/stats that might be helpful to know which ones actually have any effect for NPC Heroes right now in 0.675 of Custom Settlements, I wouldn't mind updating that list if people contribute/confirm anything, but if not, this thread you can fully ignore.  No need to scroll down or reply, move onto another thread in that case, don't waste yer time here any longer!  :oops:

Hello there,

I'm still here playing with Mount & Blade 1.011 after all these years... and Custom Settlements is still on my 'very-interesting' list to play (only one I'm playing right now actually).  I have installed the most recent version of 'City Add-On' by Berpol (And yes, I do have version 0.675 of Custom Settlements installed as well of course!), which at this time is labeled as 'Custom Settlements City Add-On 0.675 +3', and that should bring me up to speed, mostly.  Very glad Berpol and Manka are including the other's update together, although right now Berpol's update is in the lead by a few settlements and a number of new heroes over Manka's.    :wink:

I'm nearing the stage of my saved game where it's about time to choose a steward for the settlement.  I have a few NPC heroes with me that I've strictly ignored assigning any such points for stats, or skills -- why?  Good question! I'll tell thee why, I haven't got a clear idea of which stats/skills benefit NPC heroes for version 0.675 of Custom Settlements!

But wait, I've found the search tool... lets see...

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68947.msg1787228.html#msg1787228
Berpol said:
Total stat points to distribute:
All stats start at 4, and then 14+Level stat points can be added as you see fit (for example, a level one gets 14+1=15 extra stat points to distribute; a level 10 gets 14+10=24 extra stat points to distribute)

Stats with new benefits said:
Charisma increases the rate at which the heroes gain relations with their settlement (they need to gain 50 relation in order to claim one), charisma divided by 3, atleast 1, is the amount of relation gained each time they visit (so 3 charisma = 1 relation gain;  11 charisma = 3 relation gain; 15 charisma = 5 relation gain, etc.)
Note:  All stats will be useful for heroes.  Those that seem to have little to no effect currently will gain effects in the future, and you can suggest such in the Heroes Discussion thread.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,58717.0.html
wickedshot said:
Heroes

Stats
I'd like suggestions on new things stats could do for heroes, from behaviours to bonuses (bonuses could affect the player too) and all those sorts of things.
Stat Effects said:
Charisma:  Higher charisma increases relation gain bonuses.
Note:  Other stats do have other effects, I'll add them to the list as people mention them or as I remember or notice them in the code.

Skills
I'd like suggestions on new things skills could do for heroes, from behaviours to bonuses (bonuses could affect the player too) and all those sorts of things.
Skill Effects said:
Looting:  Higher Looting skill decreases time to raid a settlement.
Training:  Makes them able to train units faster.
Engineering:  Faster build times.  Improved resource efficiency.
Spot:  For stewards, greater corruption lowering rate.
Persuasion:  Reduced costs (in gold and relations) for hiring other heroes.  More able to keep a group of heroes happy so they don't leave.  For Stewards, more able to keep peasants from leaving, and able to get new peasants to join.  Can be used by the player to attempt relation gain (but can backfire reduce if you fail).
Weapon Mastery:  Hero gains extra weapon proficiency (+1+WM) per battle and week or month? where WM is the number of points in weapon mastery.
Note:  Other skills do have other effects, I'll add them to the list as people mention them or as I remember or notice them in the code.

Hm, so...

NPC Heroes Skill/Stat Effects - Custom Settlements (Version 0.675 plus City Add-On +3)

Ironflesh:
Power Strike:
Power Throw:
Power Draw:
Weapon Master:
Shield:
Athletics:
Riding:
Horse Archery:
Looting:
Trainer:
Tracking:
Tactics:
Path-finding:
Spotting:
Inventory Management:
Wound Treatment:
Surgery:
First-Aid:
Engineer:
Persuasion:
Prisoner Management:
Leadership:
Trade:

STR:
AGI:
INT:
CHA:

If anyone will help fill in this information for version 0.675 of Custom Settlements (and that they are actually implemented effects working in-game), I'd be very grateful.  I know it's been real quiet for at least a year and that with Warbands and Fire&Sword most Mount & Blade 1.011 mods have ceased to exist... but I'm still here playing Custom Settlements with this ol' Mount & Blade 1.011... and I'd love to get some fun out of this mod yet.

Perhaps we can start with wickedshot and Berpol's posts above; Anyone able to confirm if the following effects actually work 0.675?  I have another save file and I did some play-testing to see if my NPC heroes get any of the effects that are listed for appointing an NPC to a steward.  I've tested to see if Spot and Persuasion effects actually work for NPC  stewards, but compared to a control test where my NPC heroes have no stat/skill points assigned, nothing is different.  At least far as I could observe. 

Important Edit (Oct. 8th 2012): This thread was to find out what skills/stats already work for stewards as of Custom Settlements version 0.675, but I just stumbled upon a post today (something the Search Gods didn't show in the results!) that clearly answers that.  Berpol wrote:

(Original Post: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68401.msg5778726.html#msg5778726 )
Question: Do the stats of the to-be-named Steward have an effect on prosperity/loyalty/productivity (trade aso)?
That was planned for later so as of now: No, no effects.

There's still a list of skills/stats that might be helpful to know which ones actually have any effect for NPC Heroes right now in 0.675 of Custom Settlements, I wouldn't mind updating that list if people contribute/confirm anything, but if not, this thread you can fully ignore.  No need to scroll down or reply, move onto another thread in that case, don't waste yer time here any longer!  :oops:

Back
Top Bottom