VC Must I do everything myself?

Users who are viewing this thread

rounicarus

Recruit
UHG!!! For real, what is the point of being a king if you have to do every last thing by yourself?

I started my game serving Wessex. They gave me **** lands that were directly on the border. So naturally I get attacked constantly. I decided to ignore the marshal summons because 'bruh, i have been fighting this war for weeks, why dont you come over here and help me?' So eventually I found a system for recruiting and managed to get a decent sized force together in between constant attacks. Eventually I got strong enough that I took a full compliment of 402, the best I could muster after months of scralling away hard heavy infantry. So I went out and took a major city single handedly. Naturally I requested that I be awarded the city, because, you know, I earned it... Then that worthless prick of a king gives my city to someone else... Mind you the one time that I was serious about being martial when I was offered the job, I called the army together, the majority of those pricks didnt show up... The king names me 'master and commander of the royal army' and the lazy ****s cant even show up... But then when I go out under my own power and take a city on my own... The king gives it to one of those lazy ****s that couldnt even show up when he was summoned by royal decree...

See where im going with this?

So naturally I went back to my old save before I started that invasion. Because, **** them... So I decided that I would build up an army of nearly 1200 men... I took then out in three stages just to get them all to show up... I have 3 busses and 3 other ships.... So before I started my new invasion, I went to the king and broke my oath so I can actually get what im earning... So I took those 1200 odd men and overran all of Norway... I killed every last one of their armies and took every castle they had... Dead... Because my attacks were spearheaded by the biggest badasses I could find, I have very few casualties (12 surgery skill) I managed to put a hundred men into each of the four castles and still have a few hundred left for Tunsberg and a small patrol army to root out all the bandits and such.

I actually managed to succeed... Then all the wars started... Same strategy, I take my best men, kill hordes with smaller numbers of better troops. One time I managed to run out and grab a few hundred recruits before it go really heavy. At this point im still pretty strong, but I cant just idle in the field forever, I need to go out and get new men... I need to do things other than fight never ending waves of assholes...

I remember in native there was a mod that let you send out recruiters to all the villages. I remember being able to take my followers and give them lands so they could raise their own armies and actually give me some support... I get none of that...

So what exactly is the point of being a king? Since when does a king need to go from village to village asking for recruits? I mean ****, they might as well make me personally deliver the produce to the market, otherwise I dont get any damn rent... Why not make me go out and shake down every last damn peasant one at a time for their taxes?

I want to just, hire people... I want to get a commander that can just idle in an area and attack enemies that he can reasonably defeat on his own, so I dont have to be there constantly. I want to hire bandit hunters to run around and purge the country side so I dont have to... I want to pay recruiters to go where I tell them to go and gather men up in rally locations so I can just swing by and scoop them up real quick and do what I need to do...

If I cant even get basic patrols to help me defend the villages while im gone for two seconds... then there is really no point in holding lands... it would be simpler to just sack all villages when its time to 'collect rent' Unless im really, really, really missing something, this game is profoundly broken... All lords are assholes, they dont recognize when you do something meaningful, they ***** about you 'raiding their villages' meanwhile you are stopping them from raiding yours, like somehow its a crime when you do it, but not them...

They get pissy when I take their weapons and armor from them when I manage to capture them. My simple answer is, 'stop attacking my villages, and I wont steal your ****' But the game doesnt see its own behavior in any kind of rational light...

So with all this story telling said and done... Is this a game worth playing? Why cant I just take random commoners and give them jobs so I dont have to scrub the damn toilets myself...?

Back
Top Bottom