v560 vs 570

Users who are viewing this thread

MrRoy

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Why aren't the save games compatible?

I just started a game in v560 yesterday, and today a new version is release which fixes a MAJOR bug, and I can't patch it without starting over?

What bug does 570 doesn't have that 560 has. Is it that important? Cuz right now my game seems fine, I don't encouter any bugs exept that I can't go free motion when I die, but I don't die too often so it doesn't really annoy me. I wouldn't go 570 unless the bug 560 has is THAT big, cuz I don't feel like starting over again...

Well you could fight a clone of your own character that messes up everything horribly. Also, in the version you're in you have to press the jump key to go into free camera.

Shawyn said:
Well you could fight a clone of your own character that messes up everything horribly. Also, in the version you're in you have to press the jump key to go into free camera.
You mean I'd find a clone of myself in 560 or if I patch it to 570 and ignore the non-compatibility?

Also the jump key doesn't work when I die, tried it many times. May be my comp thats ****ed up.

.55 and .56 both had a bug that would cause clones of the player to be created at the start of a game.  They were hidden in 4-6 lord's parties usually all over the map.  This is why .57 is not compatible, the code to fix it HAD to go into the code that sets the games up, and every game made with .55 and .56 had this bug.  You will eventually see very strange things if you hadn't already.

On a side note, both .56 and .57 should require hitting the jump key to go into free camera mode after the player is knocked out.  It's only supported in battles that will not end when the player is knocked out, of course.

Jinnai said:
.55 and .56 both had a bug that would cause clones of the player to be created at the start of a game.  They were hidden in 4-6 lord's parties usually all over the map.  This is why .57 is not compatible, the code to fix it HAD to go into the code that sets the games up, and every game made with .55 and .56 had this bug.  You will eventually see very strange things if you hadn't already.

On a side note, both .56 and .57 should require hitting the jump key to go into free camera mode after the player is knocked out.  It's only supported in battles that will not end when the player is knocked out, of course.

That means only ME is cloned, not my whole army right? And does the clone have the same stats as me, in the present, or when my char was created? And what you mean strange things?

And about the free camera mode, I was knocked out on a siege, and couldn't do anything, even by pressing space, but maybe because I pressed it too fast and too many times, may have bugged it, I'll try it next time i get K.O. (If that ever happens :lol:)

You will get experience that your clone characters do, and they are god like. Mine was able to stand up against 600 Dark Knights for weeks and was still at 100%. Ya I'm also annoyed I had to start over so many times. I just created a cheat game and killed lots of guys to relieve my anger, works well

:lol: that is crazy. It's like some dark magic at work against your character.. 'Behold, the EVIL Lord Skinner.. mwahaha!  :twisted:'

So. The difference between .56, and .57 is this bug fix that with cloning your character? And it is recommended that you upgrade because eventually it will break your game? If this is true, then I guess I will hold my head high and start over. Slightly dissapointed, but I guess it's to be expected. I am still pretty new to M&B and this is my first mod that I really like, and my first play through where I am doing well. Last night I got a castle and 2 towns!

Oh well. Practice makes perfect. I'll do the upgrade and start over. New character will be even greater then the last!

or you can just export your character and import him into the new game, save yourself some time by not having to go bother lvling him up to where you're at again

lordskinner said:
:lol: that is crazy. It's like some dark magic at work against your character.. 'Behold, the EVIL Lord Skinner.. mwahaha!  :twisted:'

So. The difference between .56, and .57 is this bug fix that with cloning your character? And it is recommended that you upgrade because eventually it will break your game? If this is true, then I guess I will hold my head high and start over. Slightly dissapointed, but I guess it's to be expected. I am still pretty new to M&B and this is my first mod that I really like, and my first play through where I am doing well. Last night I got a castle and 2 towns!

Oh well. Practice makes perfect. I'll do the upgrade and start over. New character will be even greater then the last!

I got my clone as prisonner now! :twisted:
I just saw him as a party member of a swadian lord. And the thing is it was kinda weird... I killed the whole army, then a 2nd battle, like my army vs 1, F1 (hold position), try to find it myself (i thought it was like an overpowered guy that'd pwn everyone) and i find it there, not moving, so I kill his horse (which is also mines :razz: ) still now moving, so BOOM headshot

Back
Top Bottom