Uniforms for Texturers i.e. eye candy for the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Auldman

Knight at Arms
We're going to want to add new regiments at some point to the existing factions as well as adding regiments for upcoming minor ones. Some of these images are from resources from my personal collection. If any texturers are interested please apply! If Images do not show up right click and select "Open in a new tab" as that seems to work.

Let's start with Great Britain.

1708_01_royal_regiment-dra.jpg
Royal Regiment of Dragoons.

britishlifeguards.jpg
The British Lifeguards.

shorse.jpg
Palme's Horse.

1710_01_harvey-cav.jpg
Harvey's Regiment of Horse.

1706_03_gorges-inf.jpg
Lord Donegal's Regiment.

1706_07_allen-inf.jpg
Saunderson's Marines.

1709_02_scots_guards-inf.jpg
The Scots Guards.

France.

07-501387.jpg
Gendarmes Regiment d'Orleans.

07-501388.jpg
Cavalrie Legeres Hussars of the Maison du Roi.

07-501231.jpg
Regiment Colonel-General.

regimentdorrington.jpg
Regiment Dorrington-Irish Wild Geese.

Bavaria

sbavarians.jpg
Weickel's (aka Weidel) Cuirrassiers

Additional Bavarian Cavalry:
von%20Weickels%20Brigade.jpg

Additional Bavarian Infantry:
Bavarian%20-%20de%20Maffei's%20Brigade.jpg

HRE

austrianb-10ds.jpg
Hussars. Husaren!

austrianhussars.jpg
More Hussars!

croatiandragoon.jpg
Croatian Dragoon.

United Provinces

Holstein-Beck's%20Brigade.jpg
Holstein-Becks brigade of foreign regiments in Dutch service as well as Dutch regiments.

Bourbon Spain

campredondragoon.jpg
Regiment Campredon (Dragoons).

nestienhorse.jpg
Regiment Nestien (Dragoons).

attachment.php
Regiment Brabant (Flemish).

attachment.php
Dragoons d'Osuna.

milanregiment.jpg
Grenadier of the Regiment Milan.

03.jpg
Tercio Viejo de la Armada de la Mar Oceano (Marines)

attachment.php
Tercio Westerloo (Probably Flemish).

attachment.php
Andalusian Militia. From left to right: Compañia de Infanteria de la Costa de Granada/ Milicias Urbanas de Andalucía/ Batallon de Invalidos de Andalucía/ Escopeteros (shotgunners) de Getares/ Compañia de Caballeria de la Costa de Granada (this last one is cavalry).

terciooldgreens.jpg
Tercio Verdes Viejos (Old Greens).

Spanish Habsburgs

We'll be adding new regiments for them.  Cavalry: Regiment de Sant Jordi, Regiment de Sant Miquel. Infantry: Coronela de Barcelona, Regiment Molins. You may see them here: http://www.11setembre1714.org/banderes/vilalta/Catalan_Army_1713_1714_v1.pdf

Prussia

NatzmersBrigade.jpg
Markgraf Phillip Cuirrassiers, Bayreuth-Kulmbach Horse Cuirrassiers, von Krassow's Dragoons.

pruss5.jpg
Regiment Ansbach.

lOstanges%20Brigade.jpg
Graf l'Ostanges Horse Cuirassiers, Sonsfeld's Dragoons.

Finck's%20Brigade.jpg
Kurprinz Friderich Wilhelm Grenadiers (Red Uniform), Markgraf Ludwig's Infantry Regiment.

Canitz%20Brigade.jpg
Canitz's Infantry Regiment.

Denmark

sjarland.jpg
Sjarland Ritter Horse Regiment no.2.

http://www.thewaroffice.co.uk/Blenheim/DanishUniforms1699-1720.pdf​
Danish Regiments 1690-1720.

danskar.htm
Fynske Regiment, Prinsen av Hessen's regiment.

sregiment.jpg
Prince George's Regiment of Dutch Foot.

Do you mind if I dump some stuff in here?

Russia

The "reconstructions" of Sergey Letin and various artifacts from The Russian Military Costume from Peter I to Peter III, 2008. These paintings are based on newer research and surviving museum pieces, and may surprise you guys. A bit fixated on grenadiers if you ask me though.
TaKNkTI.jpg
D9Wuf8u.jpg
a65XRha.jpg
[spoiler="Hungarian-style" kaftan of an officer of the new order regiments, 1700]
jBZsqSm.jpg
[/spoiler]
FflnSY5.jpg
sMCptmr.jpg
zCOv5TO.jpg
oSwfVVz.jpg
UivTCXE.jpg

1. Coat with a lapel cut. 1702-1708. Based on English and Prussian models.
1 a and b. variants of shoulder-straps for holding the cartridge box's carrying strap.
2. Coat with a lapel cut. 1702-1708. Based on Saxon and Austrian models.
3. Coat with a lapel cut. 1702-1708. Based on Prussian and Bavarian models.
4. "Camisole" or waistcoat. 1702-1720.
5. Long cravat.
6. Short cravat.
G4oYf6o.jpg

1. Single-breasted coat. 1708-1720.
2. Trousers. 1702-1720.
3. "Epancha" cloak. 1702-1720.
4. Coat buttons according to archeological evidence.
5. Clasp for fastening closed the cloak.
15sM8di.jpg
guBODR2.jpg
3VMb8et.jpg
AFzOq9n.jpg
F3kDBlG.jpg
VcHuIUA.jpg
qQefTBS.jpg
QhGIQXY.jpg
qFGK4VB.jpg
xhSJAJL.jpg
zRraL7u.jpg
rva86U1.jpg
JUT6tUK.jpg
ibRpQov.jpg
Sd5crQ0.jpg
9nOdoQS.jpg
ED6oSMM.jpg
WJa9ERd.jpg
Tae7OcX.jpg
yriHwRi.jpg
ImCUQXw.jpg
2i8Oji5.jpg
1OFdxIZ.jpg
3jMuJxO.jpg

PaRX1Av.jpg
AHA9xqu.jpg
AkDDEri.jpg
ZqSd41C.jpg
wnPfkbY.jpg
PiuNi4N.jpg
zIAw6DH.jpg
ks2BKM5.jpg
j4gNPW3.jpg
[spoiler="Handlanger" and bombardier of the Artillery Regiment. 1723.]
B0PrDGK.jpg
[/spoiler]
r1Fu18Y.jpg

The illustrations of David Rickman and tables of regimental distinctions from Osprey's Men-at-Arms: Peter the Great's Army 1: Infantry and 2: Cavalry, 1993.
eIT2NKM.jpg
XQCQLQh.jpg
IMqFWlC.jpg
ATRU5tE.jpg
y2yRnFj.jpg
AZrklAe.jpg
eWrvjwH.jpg
qMsJfhd.jpg
AADQ4De.jpg
1CjcBzI.jpg
dp3U8t1.jpg
WFP7MUW.jpg
nkNik3L.jpg
FS7Kg12.jpg
5DeOVv1.jpg
CM3Jxne.jpg

The illustrations of Oleg Parkhaev from Regular Infantry 1698-1801, 1995.
kW0uKiD.jpg
L2XqMfh.jpg
Q0ZVczt.jpg
yFDX9N9.jpg
rfkm6OJ.jpg
03tJSKI.jpg
dXdGH42.jpg

1. Guard officer's gorget, 1698.
2. Guard staff-officer's gorget, 1700 (with metalling that will later correspond to colonel).
3. Guard lieutenant's gorget, 1700.
4. Guard grenadier over-officer's cap, 1712.
5. Guard grenadier ranker's cap, 1712.
6. Regular army grenadier's mitre, 1712.
7. Waist cartridge pouch.
8. Grenadier bag.
9. Shoulder-slung cartridge pouch.

Nikolay Zubkov in an article entitled "Soldiers of the Smolensk regiments," 1995.
znwgWzT.jpg
w6H0Ejk.jpg
jseQQUF.jpg

Around 1708, a cheaper alternative cap called the "kartuz" or "karpus" was authorized officially by the Tsar to supplement shortages of the three-cornered hat, but its exact design was not well defined. In the images above, you've seen two different styles illustrated, and both are based on surviving examples. Viskovatov's illustrations were the formative work of Russian uniformology and still inform artists today, even though they are incomplete or misinformed in places. His Petrine images are so broad and brief, I have not included them in this post. Letin offers an alternative to that established image. His design closely resembles the "Montero" of the 17th century.
FpkFDv0.jpg
8PCzPAh.jpg
oKTcvTO.jpg
lx4E2Zu.jpg

If you're wondering why I write some regiment names as proper town and city names, but Preobrazhenskiy and Semyonovskiy as transliterated adjectives, it's because they're named after villages that literally have no proper noun for a name. "Preobrazhenskoe Selo" means "Village of the Transfiguration," and calling the unit the "Transfigurational Regiment" is most undesirable.

Damn those are some fancy uniforms. I like this one especially---I'm a bit of a sucker for gold lace.

I like Sergey Letin's work, too. I'm got a bunch of his Napoleonic stuff. I wonder if A. Ezhov does any paintings from this era. He's probably my favourite modern Russian military illustrator.

Zirkhovsky said:
Wow.. Horse drummers? Never knew it was possible  :shock: Well at least I learnt something today...

Somewhat alright depicted in this (all too short!) sequence that features the Duke of Marlborough at the Battle of Blenheim, or at least a rather famous descendant of his pictures it. :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvaVh6WGPE0

Well I guess I do not have to post anything for Russia now.

Anyway, horse drummers and buglers were used by most nations and we might fit them into the mod.

Here are some for French Gardes du Corps:
06-533149.jpg

French-Regiment Colonel-General:
07-501232.jpg

Spanish Bourbon Horse Drummer for Regiment D'Osuna:
attachment.php

*Bump* new regiments added for Spain, Prussia, and Denmark. If images do not show up right click on them and open in a new tab. That seems to work.

Just in case if you need some good sources on the 18th century's uniforms:
http://miniaturasmilitaresalfonscanovas.blogspot.com/search/label/BANDERAS%20%20yUNIF.SIGLO%20XVIII
http://imtw.ru/topic/11602-%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B9%D0%BD%D0%B0-1700-1721-%D0%B3%D0%B3/
http://imtw.ru/topic/18705-%D1%84%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%8F%D0%B4%D0%BA%D0%B0-ancien-regime/
http://imtw.ru/topic/7663-%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%B8-%D0%B8-%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B9%D0%BD%D1%8B-xviii-%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BA%D0%B0/

Thought I might as well throw this in

http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/dgtitle_tree.cfm?title_id=269277&level=1&tword=

Medlico said:
Thought I might as well throw this in

http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/dgtitle_tree.cfm?title_id=269277&level=1&tword=

Thanks! It's a good resource and one we did use for this mod for the troops already in the game. But it's a great resource to spend hours just trawling through!  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom