unfair troops

Users who are viewing this thread

weaktaz

Regular
Hi guys.I join with scotland and i think that their troops arent so good like english troops.I had 30 highlanders and 10 veteran highlanders and all my troops died or wounted from 20 english soldiers.My party morale was exelent

-Peter- said:
Depends how you use them and what type of soldiers the English had. I'm guessing it was a deserter party? If so, which?

it was an eglish lord party.but that wasnt the first time i notice that.we was attacking with 2-3 partys all our troops was 210 vs 1 english party with 80 troops.i left the troops to fight but when i saw that 20 english soldiers eleminate 60 scotish i start fight.i think that scotish troops must be impoved

Unless you fight it yourself, your always going to lose some troops if you do it automatically.

if this is for historical accuracy, I think the scottish are fine however the Irish and Welsh have very heavy troops compared to the Scots.

Not really, the Irish should have better troops considering there position. They start at war with Kingdom of England and with the Scots, and half of Ireland is owned by English Army so there in a bottle neck and its hard to win with them unless you have a massive army of very high tier troops and even then you get mobbed by the scots/brits.

Example: My army of 120 troops all above 3rd tier was defending a castle I had taken from the scots a while back. I was chilling and all of a sudden BOOM! about 6-8 Scottish Lords come out of no where and siege my castle. Numbering 756 to 120.. As you can tell I was not happy loosing my entire army, my castle/fief, my imprisonment and just to top it off 3000 denars.

OBrian said:
Not really, the Irish should have better troops considering there position. They start at war with Kingdom of England and with the Scots, and half of Ireland is owned by English Army so there in a bottle neck and its hard to win with them unless you have a massive army of very high tier troops and even then you get mobbed by the scots/brits.

Example: My army of 120 troops all above 3rd tier was defending a castle I had taken from the scots a while back. I was chilling and all of a sudden BOOM! about 6-8 Scottish Lords come out of no where and siege my castle. Numbering 756 to 120.. As you can tell I was not happy loosing my entire army, my castle/fief, my imprisonment and just to top it off 3000 denars.

You have right my friend.i stop playing this mod because i dont like fight with england army and it is unfair for a such good work going waste from unfair troops

I don't know if the mod creater can do anything about this.  I think I read somewhere that attribute points are assigned randomly.  But Scottish Knights are pretty weirdly attributed...

If it wasn't for the Knight's superior armour I'd be tempted to just not upgrade Mounted Nobles who are better fighters.

Oh, is there a way to change the attributes of a unit through, I don't know, fiddling with some .txt files?

Boiled Ice said:
Oh, is there a way to change the attributes of a unit through, I don't know, fiddling with some .txt files?
Yes, there is. There's the item editor and the troop editor, both of which work on the current (1.011) M&B version. It's the troop editor you'll be using the most, as that's where you'll be editing upgrade paths, level, equipment, stats etc. The item editor comes in handy, too, because although there is a ton of work to do on troops (weird loops in upgrade trees, Scottish attire to English troops and vice versa and so forth -- there are issues with nearly every unit), there are a few things to do on the equipment front as well. From the top of my head there are balance issues regarding weaponry, and the halberd is set to be wielded as a two handed sword rather than a polearm (not to mention being extremely underpowered next to similar tools of smaller size). Happy editing.

Word of warning, though: the editors (well, not the troop editor, anyway, don't know yet about the item editor) do not affect saved games. I don't know why.

The troop editor does affect save games in depending on what you're changing. If you're changing things like upgrade paths, it shoudl change the save games. And yes, I think the other factions, especially Ireland, should be made stronger, but not too much. It should be remembered that England is the dominant faction.

I play as th English and so far i have been outnumbered in every battle with the bloody scots, but their troops arent bad they can be pretty tough. I say leave them the way they are the Eniglish are supposed to have better troops that is what makes the game challenging.

Historicly The English by this point owned ALOTTTTT of the Britsh Isles, so i can see why, but the Irish should have some more Armor.

Back
Top Bottom