[UNAC S6] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

hi scene,
/
i was watching some nba playoff and thought about why not have something similar for the finals/ semi finals of the single elimination. The matches would be played as series best of three (ft2 series). I know some people already talked about this in eu scene and else where but i think bo3 series would be nice.
here some pros and cons

Pros:
- the maps that were played in game 1 of the series cannot be played in the next games of the series so hence the finals will be more diverse in maps ( a minimum of 4 different maps and a maximum of 6 played within a time slot of 2.5 weeks)
- teams can use the replay footage to see where they have gone wrong in areas of playing. (if someone played bad or played good, who to look out for, etc..)
- casters will have more to talk about especially after the first game of the series and have more insightful on the play style of the team.
- more matches means more streams and hence more viewers for bladecast.

Cons:
- scheduling 2-3 games is tough but if given more time like 2 weeks or 2.5 weeks it would be much easier for teams to schedule and get all of their players in the matches.
- can get boring especially if one team is dominating the match each time.
- it will be tough on the stream since they will be working around how each team schedule their matches.

this might be the last unac for warband i think we should have this it might spice things up in the single elimination who knows can become the new norm for tourney finals. Players can tilt or just have a bad day in a match and i think specially how the team prepare for an important match to give them at least another shot at the title. This doesnt give any team an advantage but if one team disagrees with this then they would be back to the single elimination of playing one match to decide who wins. Anyways im just giving my opinion sry for the bad english its the mexican in me. xd

aporta out, 

Only if it can be done the same day.. which means you'll probably need to make round times shorter or do something else. Extending the tournament for another two/three weeks (especially a finals) is a poor choice IMO. A lot of finals for tournaments have gotten delayed a week or even more so teams can field the best team they can. This could make the tournament hype and a teams momentum go down the drain.

Calamity said:
Only if it can be done the same day.. which means you'll probably need to make round times shorter or do something else. Extending the tournament for another two/three weeks (especially a finals) is a poor choice IMO. A lot of finals for tournaments have gotten delayed a week or even more so teams can field the best team they can. This could make the tournament hype and a teams momentum go down the drain.
Yep

I've been in favour of a CSGO style system instead. Map Pool of 7, Bans and picks, Bo3 maps. There would also be a few other changes but those would be map changes and take too long to implement. Probably should make round time 3:00 like EU.

Back in the day, a non-one-sided scrim could take 1.5-2 hours. I don't see anything wrong with that. These round times are already getting ridiculously low.

Can we go back to 6 min rounds with no forced flags and random plains please.

The Pizza said:
Back in the day, a non-one-sided scrim could take 1.5-2 hours. I don't see anything wrong with that. These round times are already getting ridiculously low.

Can we go back to 6 min rounds with no forced flags and random plains please.
you mean the scrims where it was 20v20 and Wappaw camped the towers in village ?

Back
Top Bottom