UK Elections: Princess

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord_David said:
sorry if I come across strongly but I don't believe a fairly big bunch of inactive players, including a few posting here, is representative of the UK player base either. Also people seem to think deacon as an organiser can somehow effect leadership or our results in a bias way? if so you've got to remember who started this thread, there are other admins of the NC as well, deacon's not solo organising this and so I can't see how him leading the UK team would effect anything in that regard, I imagine all incidents that may happen will be discussed between all admins.

With regards to cheer leaders I should also point out that many people are saying vote lust instead/as well as of pm'ing it as they should, while I have nothing against lust at all and agree he's a very good leader and player that seems to be cheer leading attitude to me.

This is a competitive tournament, not a social gathering

this is also true.

im not inactive, lots of other good uk players are inactive, however, you guys clearly just thought "we're AE, we think we're the best, we'll just put AE players in our roster" ... tbh, i don't think you think you're as good ... as you think you are ...

i find your attitude of only recruiting your own clan annoying ...

as i said before, i'm not annoyed by your elitism, i'm a complete elitist a$$hole, i'm more annoyed by your choice of elitism

Cleric_Johnson said:
Corsair831 said:
Lord_David said:
sorry if I come across strongly but I don't believe a fairly big bunch of inactive players, including a few posting here, is representative of the UK player base either. Also people seem to think deacon as an organiser can somehow effect leadership or our results in a bias way? if so you've got to remember who started this thread, there are other admins of the NC as well, deacon's not solo organising this and so I can't see how him leading the UK team would effect anything in that regard, I imagine all incidents that may happen will be discussed between all admins.

With regards to cheer leaders I should also point out that many people are saying vote lust instead/as well as of pm'ing it as they should, while I have nothing against lust at all and agree he's a very good leader and player that seems to be cheer leading attitude to me.

this is also true.

im not inactive, lots of other good uk players are inactive, however, you guys clearly just thought "we're AE, we think we're the best, we'll just put AE players in our roster" ... tbh, i don't think you think you're as good ... as you think you are ...

as i said before, i'm not annoyed by your elitism, i'm a complete elitist a$$hole, i'm more annoyed by your choice of elitism

Actually the team that was put out was not only unfinished but also contained none AE members so get your facts right.

7 of the team AE, 4 none AE, 7/11 is err ... that's over 50% right ?

edit: i didnt mean to double post, the guy deleted his post

Corsair831 said:
Cleric_Johnson said:
Corsair831 said:
Lord_David said:

this is also true.

Actually the team that was put out was not only unfinished but also contained none AE members so get your facts right.

7 of the team AE, 4 none AE, 7/11 is err ... that's over 50% right ?

edit: i didnt mean to double post, the guy deleted his post

yeah sorry could see it was gonna be a **** storm so i thought im just gonna go to bed instead. Hope it blows over.

Corsair831 said:
Lord_David said:

this is also true.

I wasn't aware I was referring to you, in fact I didn't even realise you had posted here, we had and have non AE members in our roster if you had cared to look at the UK thread when it was up. When last I checked over 50% wasn't all of us being in AE, though I haven't done maths in a long time.

Cannot hold myself from giving two pointers.

1. That Deacon wouldnt be suitable for the captain job cause of him leading the tournament is abit... I mean havent Lust been managing the former ENL tournaments while being captain of DR? And as far as i know he kept it clean. Why would Deacon do any different?

2. @ ProjectAngels post about our British players not being our best ones. When it comes to our matches and individual players skill, the form of the players can be rather varying. I doubt anyone that has not been spectating or played in most of our matches would know how well our british players preform in different situations.

Yeah ofc, you have been commentating on our matches and Im sure you watched some of them. Though thats not a valid argument for you stating that our brits doesnt preform as well as everyone else in the clan. I can from experience tell you that Deacon, Cleric and M is in my opinion three of best infantry I've ever seen in this game the latest year.

Fehnor said:
Shemaforash said:
Tally-ho said:
Lust has my vote.

Date Registered: Today at 01:28:03 AM

Seems legit.

It's been rejected. Not the first account made today to vote. Oddly, the fresh accounts are voting for different people. They'd all cancel each other out.

What is this nonsense? My vote is as valid as any man's. I demand justice.

Blivandefar said:
I mean havent Lust been managing the former ENL tournaments while being captain of DR?

Lust was a member, but not the captain or vize-captain or something else.

I would recommend:

Love_Pills.jpg

The german community use them every single morning. But the dose is not high enough. Everyone should take two at least every morning before start posting!

Andrej1 said:
Lust was a member, but not the captain or vize-captain or something else.

I would recommend:

Love_Pills.jpg

The german community use them every single morning. But the dose is not high enough. Everyone should take two at least every morning before start posting!
Still the point remains valid, Lust didn't give DR an edge, he didn't cheat, did he?

And yes, some love would do this thread good.

I would like to preface this with an admission that I myself am at current completely inactive due to a lack of PC for the past few months, and thus for instance, I would not expect to see myself on any rosters for the reasons given below.

It would seem clear to me that the reasoning behind Deacon's bid for captaincy is relatively clear (i.e. Playing the NC is about winning the NC -> Less active/skilled players will be less useful towards that goal than active/skilled players -> Only active/skilled players should make the team). Of course, it would be possible to fault this reasoning, either by claiming that the playing the NC is not about winning (in which case it seems difficult to see the point of playing, I understand the idea of not playing to win, but I don't really see the point in joining a competitive league in order to do so), or by claiming that less active/skilled players would be just as useful as more active/skilled players, which would seem purposely contrary and can essentially be dismissed.

Of course, the two complaints from parties who do not deny the logic behind his bid (with an additional third being 'I don't like Deacon_Barry because I'm crazyboy11'), tend to be from two angles. The first is that whilst the aforementioned logic is without fault, Deacon is not necessarily the correct arbiter of skill or activity. It would seem to me that it's difficult to doubt his ability to decide whether a particular player is active or not, in the same way it would be difficult to doubt that of any other active player -- there are limited servers in this game, and if you are never seen playing, it's safe to assume that you're inactive. The argument for his being an appropriate arbiter in terms of skill would be that he has (as others have mentioned) captained either the, or one of the, most successful teams in Europe. Part of this role is of course making qualitative judgements about which players should play a particular map/faction/role, deciding whether they have the capability to do so, and so forth. This in and of itself would appear to suggest that he is able to judge the skill of other players in a way useful to the team which he is captaining.

The second main argument against him appears to be that he is too brusque and tactless (in another light this could of course be seen as honesty) when rejecting players, or making statements about his rejecting players. I'm not entirely sure however that this is by necessity a negative trait in a team captain. Which would be more helpful (assuming that the captain deems a particular player unfit to play for the team): for the player to be told straight away and quickly that they aren't fit to play, or that the captain string said player along, let them on the team but don't actually let them play matches and so on (assuming again that since the goal of playing in the NC is to win the NC, less able players would not be permitted to play matches regardless of their holding a 'ceremonial' role on the team).

This being said, I would assume that captainlust would do a fairly good job of running the NC team, despite being (and I only know this from second-hand sources) very inactive. I just feel that Deacon would take the team further along the lines towards victory than someone who hasn't played the game for a very long time and would thus have to spend time re-familiarising himself with it.

Alex_C said:
I would like to preface this with an admission that I myself am at current completely inactive due to a lack of PC for the past few months, and thus for instance, I would not expect to see myself on any rosters for the reasons given below.

It would seem clear to me that the reasoning behind Deacon's bid for captaincy is relatively clear (i.e. Playing the NC is about winning the NC -> Less active/skilled players will be less useful towards that goal than active/skilled players -> Only active/skilled players should make the team). Of course, it would be possible to fault this reasoning, either by claiming that the playing the NC is not about winning (in which case it seems difficult to see the point of playing, I understand the idea of not playing to win, but I don't really see the point in joining a competitive league in order to do so), or by claiming that less active/skilled players would be just as useful as more active/skilled players, which would seem purposely contrary and can essentially be dismissed.

Of course, the two complaints from parties who do not deny the logic behind his bid (with an additional third being 'I don't like Deacon_Barry because I'm crazyboy11'), tend to be from two angles. The first is that whilst the aforementioned logic is without fault, Deacon is not necessarily the correct arbiter of skill or activity. It would seem to me that it's difficult to doubt his ability to decide whether a particular player is active or not, in the same way it would be difficult to doubt that of any other active player -- there are limited servers in this game, and if you are never seen playing, it's safe to assume that you're inactive. The argument for his being an appropriate arbiter in terms of skill would be that he has (as others have mentioned) captained either the, or one of the, most successful teams in Europe. Part of this role is of course making qualitative judgements about which players should play a particular map/faction/role, deciding whether they have the capability to do so, and so forth. This in and of itself would appear to suggest that he is able to judge the skill of other players in a way useful to the team which he is captaining.

The second main argument against him appears to be that he is too brusque and tactless (in another light this could of course be seen as honesty) when rejecting players, or making statements about his rejecting players. I'm not entirely sure however that this is by necessity a negative trait in a team captain. Which would be more helpful (assuming that the captain deems a particular player unfit to play for the team): for the player to be told straight away and quickly that they aren't fit to play, or that the captain string said player along, let them on the team but don't actually let them play matches and so on (assuming again that since the goal of playing in the NC is to win the NC, less able players would not be permitted to play matches regardless of their holding a 'ceremonial' role on the team).

This being said, I would assume that captainlust would do a fairly good job of running the NC team, despite being (and I only know this from second-hand sources) very inactive. I just feel that Deacon would take the team further along the lines towards victory than someone who hasn't played the game for a very long time and would thus have to spend time re-familiarising himself with it.

you had to have used a theasaurus whilst typing that.

as to your point as to his "ability to decide whether a player is active", i'm very very very active, and he missed me by miles. Could be lots of other players he's missed too. Perhaps if we were all in AE this problem would be solved. Entire warband community join AE !!

As for your point about "deacon leading the team".

I'd imagine that you do things a "certain way" in AE, and you all think that the way you do things is the "right" way. I'm of the opposite opinion, the way i do things is the "right" way, however if i were to go into a team which is 7/11 players AE, you'd all be wanting to do things your own way, rather than deciding with the rest of the group how we do things. We cant have a team that's majority one clan damnit, and we especially can't have a team that's majority an ego clan !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom