Two-hands Weapons?

Users who are viewing this thread

lyq198345

Recruit
I notice this mod changed something about the Two-hands Weapons on mount.

As i searched every city ,there is only a Two-hands sword that can reach 135,and Swing on the mount.

But i oberved that the Ravenstern Knights use one Two-hands weapon that can Both swing like Two-hands Sword and thrust like lance.And it seems a good reach.

Is there any better Swing Two-hands weapon in the Mod?

the Gem One just 120 reach, at last i chose One-Hand Gem Sword and shieid and Bows.

I prefer Swing weapons more than thrust ones.

Can you answer me ,what is the best good-reach-swing-on-mount weapon and where i can find it?

Sentence those Weapons you guys said.

nooser  : Pendor Great Sword 
——————Tempered Pendor Great Sword
                  swing :53 s
                  thrust :33 p
                  speed : 92
                  reach : 135
                  str 13 need.
                  Price for it :  10103 d.
            can not charge as lance.

Ãbyss    : Masterwork Runed Bastard Sword
——————Tempered Runed Bastard Sword
                  swing :47 s
                  thrust :42p
                  speed : 120
                  reach : 110
                  str need : ?????
                  Price for it :  80K+d.
            of cause can not charge as lance.
            (To Ãbyss 's PS: if you use a '1,5-hand sword' such as Bastard sword, which can be used both as 1h and 2h weapon, it's damage gets cut to half when used in one hand (what ultimately means it's not worth using at all as one handed weapon, unless you carry a shield 'just in case' and want to save on one weapon slot!).——Quote From "Re: Things you Want to See in Pendor Version Three! by Achilla")

noosers  : Balanced Morning Star
——————never found now???????????????
Price for it : ??????????????????????

SCGavin : Ruby Rune Two-Handed Sword
——————Ruby Rune Two-Handed Sword
                  65c swing / 38p thrust
                  95 speed
                  125 reach
                  Requires 13 strength
                  IF SAPPHIRE: 135 speed
                  IF RUBY: 75p / 46p
                  IF EMERALD: 75c / 42p / 105 speed
                  str 13 need
                  Price for it :  Two Gem to exchange.
              can not charge as lance.

me      :  EMERALD Rune One-Hand Sword  and shield.(55c and faster speed,20 reaches less than Two-hand Ruby ,more shield to defend)
——————EMERALD Rune One-Hand Sword
                  45c swing / 24p thrust
                  98 speed
                  105 reach
                  Requires 7 strength
                  IF SAPPHIRE: 138 speed
                  IF RUBY: 55p / 24p
                  IF EMERALD: 55c / 29p / 108 speed
                  str 7 need
              of cause can not charge as lance.

Polehammer:
——————Balance Polehammer(no shield)
                  swing :35 blunt                                         
                  thrust :28 p
                  speed : 75
                  str 14 need
                  Price for it :  696 d.
            can charge as lance and swing during mounting. 

actually, Pendor Sword 135 reach is more useful, is that the one Nooser use?
At the Native Mod,there are more 160+ reaching weapons.
And what is the damage about the Masterwork Runed Bastard Sword?

And i've found a useful weapon here, i do not know where i get it, buy or won in a battle or  a tournament.
——————Manopener(no shield)
                  swing :48s
                  speed : 89
                  reach : 176                                    (Ps: this reach is perfect!,speed just so so,you can't gave everyone Rune Glaive but could this~~~dream)
                  str 14 need                                    (      good at mounted battle and castle battle,of cause u need someone to be the body shield.)
                  Price for it :  650 d.
            can charge as lance . 

And at last show the Rune Glaive (no shield)
                  52c swing / 23p thrust
                  83 speed
                  180 reach
                  No strength requirement
                  IF SAPPHIRE: 124 speed
                  IF RUBY: 62p / 43p
                  IF EMERALD: 62c / 33p / 103 speed
              can charge as lance.

The best good swing weapon for mounted horsecombat?

Balanced Morning Star.

The best regular 2 handed sword is the Pendor Great Sword. Ravenstern Knights use either the Ravenstern Great Sword or Polehammers. Both are deadly dismounted, and the polehammer can be used as couched lance while mounted.

noosers said:

Balanced Morning Star.

The best regular 2 handed sword is the Pendor Great Sword. Ravenstern Knights use either the Ravenstern Great Sword or Polehammers. Both are deadly dismounted, and the polehammer can be used as couched lance while mounted.

i tried each long reach weapons on mounted,but they can swing,just thrust on mount,but can swing on foot.

i really saw the  Ravenstern Knights  Swing their long weapons while mounting, that weapon looks like a cross at top of the Pole,
they use it as couched lance or swing weapon without shield.

lyq198345 said:
noosers said:

Balanced Morning Star.

i tried each long reach weapons on mounted,but they can swing,just thrust on mount,but can swing on foot.

i really saw the  Ravenstern Knights  Swing their long weapons while mounting, that weapon looks like a cross at top of the Pole,
they use it as couched lance or swing weapon without shield.

WRONG.

The "best good swing weapon" (grammar massacre) for mounted combat is the Masterwork Runed Bastard Sword. (if a masterwork exists of its kind).
I even prefer it over qualis gem weapons really..

And yeah noosers,I know english is not your native language,so I'm just kidding,take no offense with the grammar thingy =)
~Ãbyss

As far as I understood - though my grammar lessons are back pretty long now - it´s proper grammar. Not stylish, but true as best refers to weapon and good to swing.

As I mentioned above, Ravenstern Knights use the Polehammer and the Pendor Great Sword. I will check out the Ravenstern Great Sword but most likely you´re just not used to aim properly and thus swinging it but thrusting. It could be it isn´t swingable on horseback, in that case use the itemeditor, open the itemkinds.txt and switch it. If you´re doing so, make a backup of your .txt beforehands.

Haven´t seen a Runed Bastard Sword so far ever in PoP 2.0, therefore I do not count it as standard weapon but rather rare/unique. Apart from it, the Pendor Great is the best looking weapon ingame.

noosers said:
As far as I understood - though my grammar lessons are back pretty long now - it´s proper grammar. Not stylish, but true as best refers to weapon and good to swing.

AFAIK "good" is an adjective and "swing" a verb, so you can't say "good swing". I think "best swinging weapon" or "good swinging weapon" would be correct. I am not a native speaker myself, so I couldn't say with absolute surety, but I do think the sentence sounds a bit odd. Doesn't really matter though, I think.

I use the Ruby Rune Two-Handed Sword and can bring down a rider and a horse with one slash by swinging it. When I look at the stats of the Runed Bastard Sword I can't see, why that should be better than the Ruby Rune TH. Haven't used it yet, though. Kinda hard to get...

I'm pretty sure the polehammer is the only polearm that you can swing from horseback. I was also confused, since I'd seen them in use and bought myself a variety of halberds, bills and other polearms which couldn't be swung from a horse. I finally tired out a polehammer and they're pretty great, can't beat their reach for swinging weapons, even if they are slow.

Runed bastard sword,v2.04,info from item editor;

Can be used 2h/1h on preference

6505 cost
3.25 weight
1 abundance

120 speed
110 length

Thrust damage: pierce-> 42
Swing damage: cut->47

My tempered sword has like 51 cut on swing,so the masterwork is prolly at around 53 cut,46 pierce or so...

But a tempered is sold for around 80k in my game,so the masterwork would well be 100k+

Regards,

~Ãbyss

TBH I've gotten to the point where I gave my runed weapons to my companions, Polehammer excels at everything melee unless you want a shield. The reach isn't fantastic, but still the best all-rounder imho - good reach, great dmg, blunt to take prisoners, couch-able and swing-able from horseback.

You heard the dude,stop talking under veils and all-round,get your guts together and publish yah fav. wep like you mean it.
Aka give us some stats & stuff on that polehammer of yours o_O

~Ãbyss

Personally I prefer the Tempered Pendor Great Sword. That is my main weapon, with my back up as the Empire Halberd and two sets of Balanced Jarid for getting those pesky horsemen who dont let you get close enough...

I favor the nodachi sword, considering it's 40ish piercing damage while swinging. Never even noticed that tasty little detail until my latest game.

Ãbyss said:
You heard the dude,stop talking under veils and all-round,get your guts together and publish yah fav. wep like you mean it.
Aka give us some stats & stuff on that polehammer of yours o_O

~Ãbyss

see the OP abyss, stats already posted lawl

Polehammer:
——————Balance Polehammer(no shield)
                  swing :35 blunt                                       
                  speed : 75
                  str 14 need
                  Price for it :  696 d.
            can charge as lance and swing during mounting. 

WTF?

75 speed,sir?

Yes,you WILL manage to squish turtles with that without doubt.
Or couche-kill stuff.

~Ãbyss

The beauty of the polehammer is 135 reach, blunt and SWINGABLE from horseback, after about level 10 I don't bother couching. I can pick and choose any target and safely one shot them for a nice ransom. Plus 75 speed becomes less of a factor with high agility and weapon skills. For example 75 speed with 30 agility is 75 +(15% x 75) = 86.25 + w/e speed bonus skill points add. It's certainly not sapphire weapon speeds, but from horseback you're not spamming swings anyhow.

I usually go with a balanced pendor great sword (slightly faster yet slightly less damage than tempered), ... pretty good for reaching on horseback, and pretty awesome on foot also. (and yes it looks way cool) Until i find that balanced version though i usually go with a silvered claymore (bastard weapon) ... it's just a good sword.

I was trying to find a blunt secondary weapon to equip my companions with and a settled on the warhammer, it's not such a great reach but  the balanced version, of which i found quite a few in the shops has a good speed and the damage is fair too.

I'd agree the balanced morningstar is good too ... probably so effective because it does piercing damage.

Of course the runed bastard sword and Noldor runeswords are great finds in the shops but you'd better consider yourself lucky if you do, if seen them and bought them only a very few times in all my playing of Pop, and i'm pretty sure i've not seen a masterwork one of either. (edit; fancy that! I just saw a masterwork Noldor runesword ... 110000 gold.

The runed gem weapons? I'd rather spend my gems on knighthood orders personally.

Sir Roland with Balanced Polehammer is a terminator. In one battle he was only one survivor who killed 10 opponents all alone when he was dehorsed and some of his opponents were mounted. It's a devastating versatile weapon when your pro and agility is high.

I use Balanced Pendor Great Sword but only to survive better - its damage is cutting and tough armored foe is a problem. With Balanced Polehammer I can kill almost anyone with single strike, but its lesser speed is disadvantage in certain situations. So Pendor Great Sword is my favorite fast two-handed weapon and Polehammer is my favorite universal damagedealing two-handed weapon.

hmm... ill have to find myself a polehammer to replace my Halberd... cause im tired of fighting those pesky anaconda knights and not oneshotting them unless i couch... then its a matter of aiming....

Back
Top Bottom