Tundra bandits from Tismir! *map speed nerf!*

Users who are viewing this thread

Mno

Sergeant at Arms
Doing the track bandits quest, and I walked from Tismir till Yalen (almost got them... I ****ing hope).
Those bastards have a move speed of 8!!!

Is there any way possible to slow those f*ckers down? You need an all cavalry, small party with high pathfinding to get them. And even then, you need not carry a lot. I had too stock on food at some point...

Seriously, why are some things not nerfed to make it possible...

Sh4d0wbl4d3 said:
Teleport mate :mrgreen: Seriously, you can in cheat mode :smile:

I'm not using cheats, out of principle. And aspects like these where you either cannot finish the quest or cheat are game flaws. Fixing them with cheats is bad business :razz: Got them at the turning point at Yalen, where they were in a corner... sigh  :mad:

This is another situation which would really benefit from the (already posted) suggestion to allow the player to set up camp and then leave some troops behind, with the troop transfer screen used with a castle or another lord; so the player can gain speed advantages or make battles more challenging without having to disband all extra troops (before owning a castle).

It seems that it would be simple to implement, and I can't think of any problems it would add to the game; of course any troops that you leave in camp (the number of camps could be restricted to one only if that makes it simpler) would be freely attackable by any enemy party, so leaving 12 Rhodok recruits alone near Rivacheg would be a very bad idea... though 60 huscarls should be able to take care of themselves. Another way to limit it could be to make setting up camp take a short amount of time; thought it seems that the troops left behind could do that themselves. So many times early in the game I find myself in the very unrealistic situation of trying to decide whether I want to keep the speed advantage a bit longer or start training troops; when in real life it would be a simple matter to say "you men stay here for a few hours while the horsemen chase down a couple of bandits".

Back
Top Bottom