Tournaments and weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Selvhan

Knight
Hey guys.

I would like to point out that it is fairly impossible to win a tournament if you are given a 2handed sword and you have to fight against a sword and shield opponent. I have been trying to dodge or block or kick. The result is always the same, the one handed sword is just too fast.

Any of you got some tips about that ?

it"s totally possible to win with a 2hander vs a shield+sword if you have half decent proficiencies. but of course, don't expect  beating a hero adventurer with 50 in 2h weapon prof... also learn to time your blocks and counter-attacks perfectly and you should have no problems

Well this time I think it was Kradus. I should have made a video to show you the speed he strike you. I have over 250 in one handed melee and I am not even close to his speed. If at least you have have the choice of weapon... :smile:

Id recommend jamming auto block button, if its a 1v1 just time it as soon as he hits your block. If its teams pick up a weapon

named tournament competitors are pretty strong indeed, not impossible to beat tho even with 2h vs 1h.i don't see the problem here, if you could win every tournament without a problem from the start it wouldn't be fun. go train your 2handers prof then seek your revenge and kick his ass !

They are always faster than me no matter what weapon i get and they have 2h and me 1h... i never get it, i block and attack and he already hits me, i just dont get it at all...

I always liked the crossbow and sword combo the most for some reason. The second favourite is the 2h sword since is the only way of doing decent damage in a tournament. Well, that and headshots. Javelins can do some insame damage if you have high power throw and tournaments are a good way to practise with throwing weapons.

That said, I hate d'shar tournaments because when everyone have either bows or javelins it really becomes a pain of a fight...

SilentK said:
They are always faster than me no matter what weapon i get and they have 2h and me 1h... i never get it, i block and attack and he already hits me, i just dont get it at all...

Just keep triying until you get the hand of it. Instead of tournaments try some regular arena fights to practise. And of course having better STR/AGI stats will help.

out of pure testing i edited a character to 100 str and 100 agility and 300 wep prof, i still get mid charge, then enemy start charging his attack and hits first, unless he misses, or is distracted, its impossible for me... he never leaved me room..

And i swear, half the time i get hit i get DOUBLE "knock back" instead of just one...like i get hit, then instantly i get a kick or something out of nowhere

SilentK said:
out of pure testing i edited a character to 100 str and 100 agility and 300 wep prof, i still get mid charge, then enemy start charging his attack and hits first, unless he misses, or is distracted, its impossible for me... he never leaved me room..

And i swear, half the time i get hit i get DOUBLE "knock back" instead of just one...like i get hit, then instantly i get a kick or something out of nowhere
Block the first hit and instantly go in.

The very 1st strike is the most important when you are using 2h weapon. Higher reach and damage helps.
If you are not in melee range with an opponent, charge your strike and wait him come closer. He will surely block, but you should wait till the moment he will unblock and then hit fast. Unless your opponent is so much faster that he hits you first, you should be fine.

My tricks for 2H vs. sword&board are try to fake the AI out by feinting toward them with your weapon in a neutral position. A lot of the time you can trick them into a taking an out-of-range swing then move in quickly and use your own longer range to hit them before they can recover from their missed attack.

The other trick is to always follow up blocked overhead strikes with the thrust attack. It rarely does much damage but it throws your opponent off balance for a quick follow up sideswing. Always aim for the head.

If your weapon skills really are too low to function properly against tournament competitors, you can still win by utilizing chamber blocking, wherein you block an opponent's attack by chambering an attack of your own in the same direction as his strike. It's a difficult technique to pull off, but it virtually guarantees a hit against your opponent.

My strategy agains sword+shield with 2handed in tournament is: if your enemy is close, go in his direction. this way he will move backwards. when you feel like it, change your walking direction and move backwards, away from him. while you do that, the enemy often trys to hit you but is out of range. then you can again change your direction to go near while you make an attack - wich should hit him.
repeat.
If your not able to hit him this way.. you are just to slow and need higher profencies.

i play with autoblockdirection. so its easy for me to not get hit while we are close by just spamming block-key, if you play with manual block - good luck :smile:

Back
Top Bottom