Tournament rewards?

Users who are viewing this thread

munkibowl

Sergeant
Near the beginning of my game, I won a few tournaments, and after two of them, I was given a good piece of armor as a reward. I've only had this happen twice so far, and I've won at least 20+ tournaments, so I'm wondering exactly why it happened, and how to get it to happen again. It's pretty easy to miss, when I left the city immediately after fighting(the "you gain x denars" message was still up) it just said "x added to inventory" or something like that.

Well, it may be total random. Someone claimed you got an item if you bet a Lord in the final round. Whatever, I don´t know it. However, the items are well worth it. Each and every one is a non-merchandise item. And everyone looks awesomely cool.

yeah, I noticed that the two things I got, a suit of armor and a helmet, were not being sold in shops. I thought it might be part of a set or something, with each piece coming from a different town, so I went around trying to win a tournament in every city. I guess I'll just have to keep winning tournaments and see if I can get any more.

noosers said:
Each and every one is a non-merchandise item.
Actually, I think almost every one of the items I've won from tournaments I've also seen in stores, they aren't always rare either, my first tournament won item was a simple green coat-of-plates.

I managed to get two more prizes since my last post, and I paid careful attention to who I fought in the final round of each(champion fighter/Kradus), so I guess the final opponent doesn't affect your chances. One of the items I got is some helmet I've seen on sale and the other was ebony plate(sweet). Is the reward always armor(all 4 of mine have been)?

Aww, damn. I'm wanting Ebony plate it looks awesome. I've only won a black plumed helmet from a tournament. Plenty of cash though, I'm not running short on money

My character is wearing ebony plate right now... Thick ebony plate... purchased at the armorer's shop in one of the towns :mrgreen:

FritZ

Noldor Noble Armor has greater total AC than Ebony Plate and it is lighter. Only Ebony Plate I saw was from SS. Noldor Noble Armor is not easy to get but I have several such items already and still only one that Ebony Plate :smile:

I bought a Thick Ebony Plate once in a shop. The few items I got from the occasional tourney I won did never turn up in any shop ever since I played PoP.

munkibowl said:
Near the beginning of my game, I won a few tournaments, and after two of them, I was given a good piece of armor as a reward. I've only had this happen twice so far, and I've won at least 20+ tournaments, so I'm wondering exactly why it happened, and how to get it to happen again. It's pretty easy to miss, when I left the city immediately after fighting(the "you gain x denars" message was still up) it just said "x added to inventory" or something like that.

I personally think it is random but it does generate by the honor rate and prestige maybe.
The reason why i say this is because i am a ruler of City States of Pendor and since then when i captured a town and host tournaments and win it comes along a reward of rare equipment so far.
Regards.John The Falcon

Back
Top Bottom