OSP Kit QoL Tournament Play Enhancements 1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for all of the clarification. Every time I go on the forums I learn one more thing about how dumb I am :smile:
Sadly, I can't test this JUST yet, because I'm still getting the duel thing popping up.

Apparently, whenever I wait about an hour, regardless of the feast/tournament/etc., the duel thing comes up, so right now I'm checking my scripts that I've added and seeing if it comes up.

Look to see if any section of code you've put in contains either of these:
Code:
(set_jump_mission, "mt_duel_with_lord"),

(set_jump_mission, "mt_arena_challenge_fight"),
Those are the two mission templates for dueling.  The first for regular dueling and the second for the dueling over a lady quest.

Version 1.2 released

Changes  - 9/21/11
  • Completely redesigned the tournament options panel.
  • Added a help display on the tournament options panel that explains each setting.
  • New menus have been added to the tournament menu to enable or disable this mod as players wish.  When disabled the mod will function almost exactly like native.  Additionally the only feature visible of the mod will be the option to re-enable it.
    • Mod Option: These can be disabled in tournament_constants.py which will cause the mod to automatically activate itself.
    • Note: This feature is normally defaulted to on.  This should make it easier for mod makers to use this and still please all of their player base.

Original post updated with download information.  It may be longer than expected before I have time to get TPE 2.0 out so I decided to incorporate some of the refinements in the released version.  I appreciate the feedback I have received thus far in helping to get bugs fixed or changes implemented.

Code:
Initializing...
Compiling all global variables...
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
Exporting map icons...
Creating new tag_uses.txt file...
Creating new quick_strings.txt file...
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
Exporting scene data...
Exporting troops data
Exporting particle data...
Exporting scene props...
Exporting tableau materials data...
Exporting presentations...
Error: Unable to find object:script_tpe_weapon_logic
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_tpe_weapon_logic
Error: Unable to find object:script_tpe_update_presentation
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_tpe_update_presentation
Error: Unable to find object:script_tpe_equip_troop
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_tpe_equip_troop
Error: Unable to find object:script_tpe_set_option
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_tpe_set_option
Error: Unable to find object:script_tpe_clear_selections
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_tpe_clear_selections
Exporting party_template data...
Exporting parties
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
Exporting scripts...
Exporting mission_template data...
Exporting game menus data...
Error: Unable to find object:script_tpe_determine_scaled_renown
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_tpe_determine_scaled_renown
Error: Unable to find object:script_tpe_rep_gain_lords
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_tpe_rep_gain_lords
Error: Unable to find object:script_tpe_rep_gain_ladies
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_tpe_rep_gain_ladies
Error: Unable to find object:script_copy_inventory
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_copy_inventory
Error: Unable to find object:script_tpe_set_items_for_tournament
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_tpe_set_items_for_tournament
Error: Unable to find object:script_copy_inventory
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:script_copy_inventory
exporting simple triggers...
exporting triggers...
exporting dialogs...
Checking global variable usages...
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

It's what i get when i compile. It seems it cant find your scripts and im not sure why :sad:

@Hellhound1
I'm sorry, I apparently missed your question entirely or I'd have commented on this sooner.  Assuming you haven't tampered with the download files at all, there is only two reasons off-hand I can think of on why not a single script would be recognized.

The easy question:
Tournament_scripts.py is in the file folder, right?

The harder one:
Check your module_scripts.py (the native one, not mine) and see if this block of code is at the very end of the file:
Code:
# modmerger_start version=201 type=2
try:
    component_name = "scripts"
    var_set = { "scripts" : scripts }
    from modmerger import modmerge
    modmerge(var_set)
except:
    raise
# modmerger_end
That's what tells modmerger to go looking for other *_scripts.py files.  If you don't have it already there, which should be there from installing modmerger, you need to add it at the very end (below the final ']' in the scripts tuple).

If neither of those solutions help let me know and I'll take another stab at it.

All the files are in the folder, and the code is at the scripts file :neutral:

Multiple attempts later and i still cant get it to work.

That is very odd.  One thing we can try is to copy all of the scripts out of tournament_scripts.py and put them directly into module_scripts.  If it compiles okay then it is a modmerger issue (not sure what yet), but if it still doesn't recognize them something must be corrupted with the scripts tuple (in the tournament file).

Hellhound1 said:
Anywhere particular i need to put them?
Should i overwrite the current scripts or just place them at the end?
Everything between scripts = [ ] in tournament_scripts.py should be added to the end of module_scripts.py after the last script, but before the final "]" in the file.

Additionally there are some other changes modmerger was doing for you that will need to be done manually:
1) Rename "script_set_items_for_tournament" (the native one) -> "script_orig_set_items_for_tournament"
2) Locate script_fill_tournament_participants_troop and add in the line with *'s (remove the *'s) near the top of that script.
Code:
(try_begin),
       (eq, ":player_at_center", 1),
       (party_get_num_companion_stacks, ":num_stacks", "p_main_party"),
       (try_for_range, ":stack_no", 0, ":num_stacks"),
         (party_stack_get_troop_id, ":cur_troop", "p_main_party", ":stack_no"),
         (troop_is_hero, ":cur_troop"),
         (neq, ":cur_troop", "trp_kidnapped_girl"),
         **** (neg|troop_slot_eq, ":cur_troop", slot_troop_tournament_never_spawn, 1), ****
         (troop_set_slot, "trp_tournament_participants", ":cur_slot", ":cur_troop"),
         (val_add, ":cur_slot", 1),
       (try_end),
     (try_end),

Version 1.4.6 released.
Please look to the first post in this thread to see what this change brings.  This is basically the same version of the tournaments seen in Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.5 with a few exceptions:
[*] Floris items have been replaced with native textures until I can get permission from necessary folks to use them.  I will upload an expanded "resource upgrade" for those interested when that happens.
[*] Shield bashing & use of the custom camera are disabled as they use Caba'drin's PBOD mod to function.  Those sections of code can be uncommented if you make use of his mod.
[*] Agent health bars are disabled as they use Rubik's Custom Commander mod to function.  Those sections of code can be uncommented if you wish to make use of his mod.

Hi again!  (Duh, Caba, and yourself helped me get the Floris mod pack running a couple of weeks ago).

I have this enabled as part of the Floris pack, and i must say it makes the Tournaments much more interesting, so thanks for all your hard work here.

One question though if you don't mind(?), i'm having trouble with the rather insane speed and damage (153 via sword from a charging horse...) that the 'Captain so-and-so' and his similar named friends seem to be doing to me...  :oops:  and i was wondering whether there was a way/hack to either (ideally) tone them down a bit, or just remove them completely?.

I'm loving the extra challange and options provided, but at the moment i'm having to run on nearly the easiest settings possible just so i have a chance of killing someone before these steroid pumped psycho's one-hit their way through them all  :grin:

Any/all help appreciated!

Ranensol said:
i was wondering whether there was a way/hack to either (ideally) tone them down a bit, or just remove them completely?.
Certainly.  You can edit their stats in the tournament_constants.py file.  In the Floris Dev Suite you'll find it under "Source Kits\Tournament Enhnacements".  Look for the commented section on "Level Scaling" which is not quite half way down that file.

What you want to look for are the following constants:
-----------------------------
wp_tpe_scaling_disabled_default_levelThis will set the minimum level of participants with level scaling off.  With level scaling on this sets how much higher a participant is set compared to your own level.
wp_tpe_attribute_per_level_numerator
wp_tpe_attribute_per_level_denominator
These will set what the strength and agility of a participant is compared to their level.
wp_tpe_skill_per_3_levels_numerator
wp_tpe_skill_per_3_levels_denominator
These will set what the participant's ironflesh, power strike / throw / draw, agility, athletics, riding & horse archery skills are compared to their relevant strength or agility attribute.
wp_tpe_proficiency_gain_per_level
wp_tpe_proficiency_threshold
First of these sets the flat proficiency they should have.
Second applies a maximum cap they can have.
wp_tpe_level_bonus_for_title
wp_tpe_level_bonus_for_traveler
Veterans (Sir X) gets the first of these bonuses.  Champions (Sir X of Y) gets both.  This is probably the one you may want to tweak down if it is specifically them giving you issue.

Hopefully those should give you an idea of where to start.  There are a number of other constants in that section of the file that you can tweak to adjust damage settings how you like.  You can also edit the tournament_items file to adjust damage there if you want, but that will also effect you.

Hi, and thanks for your great work! Perhaps you can help me solve a problem...

I used modmerger (version 201) to combine TPE 1.4.6 with Diplomacy 4.2 and Formations and AI Minimod 4 Dev. Everything compiled without errors and seems to be working fine in-game--except that most combatants spawn without weapons. Round after round, most of us just bash away at each other with our fists--though occasionally a combatant will have a spear or something. I've tinkered around with the options and design settings, but to no effect, and this has happened at three successive tournaments.

So I'm wondering if this is because I am using a previously saved game. Do I need to start over?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, initial installation of the kit is save game breaking.  Several items are added to tournament_items before itm_items_end.  I would go into the tournament design panel and see if the weapon options show up correctly and can be manually set, but I would recommend a new game.

Thanks for the reply!

I started a new game and everything seems to be working fine now.

I do have a question about scoring, though. In the first (and only) two tournaments that I have fought in so far, I set the Difficulty to Easy--2 Teams of 1--so that these have essentially been a series of duals. For several matches I was pitted against one of my companions, Firentis, whom I soundly defeated each time. Nevertheless, after these matches, Firentis always advanced in the overall standings much more than I did. Indeed, although he is only level 8 or something like that, he has placed second overall in both tournaments, whereas I have been way down the list somewhere. Naturally, I'm proud of my companion and celebrate his acheivements. I'm just wondering how it is that he does so much better than me overall, even though I beat him easily every time I meet him on the field, yet find the most of the other combatants quite a challenge.

I've scanned the previous postings in this thread, but didn't notice anything about this, so any insight you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks again for a great mod!

He is cheating due to a bug I caused when I tried to improve the script for simulating scores of the troops that were not in the actual round.  Companions are being seen as not participating even if they just did.  This bug and a couple other minor ones have been fixed with 1.4.7 which will be uploaded in a day or two once I am off work.

What? Firentis? Cheating? That scoundrel! He and I shall have words, I assure you! And to think I fell for that whole "penitent kinslayer" routine.

Well, it would appear Matild was right about him after all.

Anyway, thank you for the explanation!

Version 1.5 released.
New:
[*] Download is now moved over at the M&B Nexus.
[*] Implemented a new betting system.  Now you wager X denars that you'll earn Y points (your bid).  This moves the betting system further away from native and more in line with the point system TPE uses.
[*] Adorno's Arena Overhaul Mod is now included with TPE's download.  This was done as a new option was added to the tournament design panel allowing you to choose whether you wish the native or Adorno's arena scene to be used on a town by town basis.  The choice of default scene is set in the constants file, but currently is set to Adorno's scenes.
[*] Artwork for giving each team their own color scheme on horses was added.  Credit for this work goes to OSP releases by thick1988 and wanderer949 with their permission.
[*] A new difficulty score was added to the options & post-combat ranking screens.  This takes into account many of the TPE player and warband game settings and is used to modify the final tournament rewards values.
Changes:
[*] The tournament menu received some visual improvement.
[*] The cooldown for the tournament invitation quest has been extended to 10 days.
Bug Fixes:
[*] Players, that own a town hosting a tournament, will no longer attempt to invite themselves.  Oops.
[*] The script errors that were received while in a tournament match whenever the 'escape' menu was used will no longer occur.

A few separate copies of the tournament source files exist in different folders for easier installation in mods that use Custom Commander and/or Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment.  Using those copies enables features available from each of those mods within the tournament system.

Hello, i installed this kit, it works fine except all the lords doesn't use any weapon. They fight with bare hands. But my companion and generated Tournament Characters are having weapons.... Is there anything you think I might did wrong?

Chinux23,

I had the same problem (see a few posts above), and it was because I had applied this mod to a game in progress. If you have done the same thing, that might be the explanation.

Back
Top Bottom