Tone down bandit groups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mitchmon

Sergeant
holy crap its like a 70% chance when I start a game bandit groups of 19 wonder the area and I always end up loosing all I own under like 4 minutes and I have to start over, either A.Make it so bandits cannot use guns or B. Make them smaller.

You should be able to outrun bandit parties at the start of the game, unless you're carrying around a bunch of trade goods. If you'd like to "clean up the countryside" a bit, hire some Mercenary Marksmen or Musketeers from taverns; they do a superb job against bandit parties, as long as you're not too outnumbered. Also, be sure to build a wagon fort (from the camp menu) if you're going to be attacked by some of the mounted bandits (like the Tatar Raiders) - it works quite well against them.

Also, you can always change diffuculty in game (especially effects enemy's accurate shoots dramaticly), then hit and run on your horse and with pistol. they can't shoot you with pistols, and with your horse; they won't be able to catch you either.

You can always edit the bandit troops (for what equipment they have) or their party templates (for how many can be in one group) with Morgh's Tools, if it's bothering you enough you want to change it rather than offer a balance suggestion.

But as others have said, game start is dangerous, you should be able to outrun folks when it's just you on a horse, etc, etc.

I love seeing those 150 member deserter armies. Sort of realistic, too, makes sense for the deserters to group up. Hell, they can easily defeat some of the armies the lords and generals have.

Ceriy said:
Anticept said:
I wish there were MORE bandit groups. There are so few in this game!
You get more deserters later on.
This is after a year in game. 150 (deserters)

ya i once got interrupted by a band of 100 deserters

yet i have 100 man so they died

Back
Top Bottom