TLD Christmas Preview (With Music)

Users who are viewing this thread

:lol: sorry, hurt your feelings?  :twisted: loved the screenie
i'll look up some art tomorrow  :mrgreen:

Kazzan said:
Third Age Total War, Lord of the Rings mod for medieval total war.

Yeah i'd figured that out  :grin:

Alright sorry you tld guys, forget about it, keep on doing God's work, you're awesome and stuff

Weren said:
I demand a link!  :razz:

There are a few folks who have found the website and heard the small samples, they are under pain of death should they reveal it however  :lol:

What i can tell you is that roughly 20-30 minutes of music had been written when my studio experienced a rather large upgrade 6months or so in, due in part to having to score two short films and a feature film, and of course wanting TLD to sound the best it could. TLD is a personal quest for my self, a life goal every bit as much as scoring films. I have wanted to do a LOTR project from a very young age. Hence the original music was scrapped and a new soundtrack commenced, basically NOTHING was reused. Perhaps another 40-50 minutes of music was thus written. However, In light of recent events this music looks likely to be scrapped also, and a completely new soundtrack is being written as we speak. (one which even the TLD team has not heard, mind you), one which i now bring a more experience, professional skill level to bare, and hope to be completely revolutionary for M&B, not just in music terms but in implementation. This is all i will say.

As for a preview... i could perhaps post a snippet from the original "Take 1" reel, then a Snippet from the "Take 2" reel. And thus by measuring the difference between those two, one may well be able to imagine what "take 3" might sound like.... but i will discuss it with the team and see what they say.

Thanks for the interest however hehe

For me, personally, it'd be the most expected feature...as I need stuff to learn from :wink: But anyway, glad to hear this going to have it's own soundtrack, written especially for The TLD. Not that I'd mind usage of free of copyright music, but an own soundtrack would keep what makes (or would make...one day...) this mod the special release it's supposed to be.

Kazzan said:
Wasn't that Fourth Age total war? Telling the story after 'The Lord of the Rings'. A very nice design but extremely bad balancing.

And those knights look awesomesauce. - Just needed to add that.

Pagan said:
Weren said:
I demand a link!  :razz:

There are a few folks who have found the website and heard the small samples, they are under pain of death should they reveal it however  :lol:

What i can tell you is that roughly 20-30 minutes of music had been written when my studio experienced a rather large upgrade 6months or so in, due in part to having to score two short films and a feature film, and of course wanting TLD to sound the best it could. TLD is a personal quest for my self, a life goal every bit as much as scoring films. I have wanted to do a LOTR project from a very young age. Hence the original music was scrapped and a new soundtrack commenced, basically NOTHING was reused. Perhaps another 40-50 minutes of music was thus written. However, In light of recent events this music looks likely to be scrapped also, and a completely new soundtrack is being written as we speak. (one which even the TLD team has not heard, mind you), one which i now bring a more experience, professional skill level to bare, and hope to be completely revolutionary for M&B, not just in music terms but in implementation. This is all i will say.

As for a preview... i could perhaps post a snippet from the original "Take 1" reel, then a Snippet from the "Take 2" reel. And thus by measuring the difference between those two, one may well be able to imagine what "take 3" might sound like.... but i will discuss it with the team and see what they say.
Thanks for the interest however hehe

You're a hero for all MnB players who don't have a hearing dissability and like to hear some nice music when playing a game.
I salute you :smile:

Servitor said:
Kazzan said:
Wasn't that Fourth Age total war? Telling the story after 'The Lord of the Rings'. A very nice design but extremely bad balancing.

And those knights look awesomesauce. - Just needed to add that.

Nope its 3rd Age I know cause I am downloading right now  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Pagan said:
Sorry to sound like a little boy, but: Pleeeeaaaase! For me personally, a good soundtrack is pretty much a full half of the game/movie and an absolute necessity for making it one of the classical Greats. And while a game's mod, even one such as TLD, doesn't fully fit in the same rule (due to different reasons, including type of marketing, expectations etc), I'd certainly be glad to hear an early version of the musical half which will make TLD one of the Greats for M&B 1.011 and draw it closer to the polished professional level and beyond the level of a "mere mod".

Back
Top Bottom