TLD Christmas Preview (With Music)

Users who are viewing this thread

Llew2

Cheap ass bum
Count
Seeing as it has been a while since any official preview, we thought it would be a nice treat to show a few screens of the new and juicy content that will be in. As always, no release dates, so don't start celebrating just yet. :wink:

Hope you enjoy; Merry Christmas.

The Last Days Music Preview

We're very privileged to have our very own composer for TLD, who will be making a complete soundtrack for the mod. Pagan has done, and is still doing, some incredible and highly professional music for TLD, and is an awesome guy to work with.

The first minute of the sample, are two track snippets from TAKE 1, probably a year old now. The other three minutes are three track snippets from TAKE 2. You will no doubt hear the difference in quality yourself anyway, and thus have some form if indication as to what TAKE 3 might sound like, ( :wink: ) which I am currently doing, so even the TLD dev team hasn't heard it.

The Last Days Music Preview

I hope this eases your minds a little as to the music/atmosphere you will have while playing TLD...or it could cause a total panic, hehe.

Enjoy.

-Pagan.

Mounted on proud steeds, the Knights of the Citadel defend Minas Tirith with swift stroke and deadly charge. They provide the mounted wing of the armies of Gondor, and fear is struck into the hearts of their foes when they enter the field.

tldxmas11x.jpg

Dúnedain of the South they are called, and they still protect the land from which they take their name. With powerful bow and keen sword, the orcs in Ithilien have learned to fear their sudden attacks, the mark of which are the fell green arrows they always carry.

tldxmas3.jpg

Meduseld, the Golden Hall. From of old the seat of the Kings of Rohan, it overlooks the rolling grasslands of the horse lords in the shadow of the White Mountains.

tldxmasmeduseld.jpg

A second render, made in imitation of this shot from the Movie [Click].

tldxmasmeduseld2.jpg

Note: Meduseld renders are done in Blender, not M&B.

The Last Days of the Third Age.

tldworldmappreview011.jpg

Credits go to the usual suspects, as AW would put it. For special note I'd like to mention mtarini the genie, who's done wonders, and Faradon, who only just joined the team. Cheers to the rest of the guys.

Here are links to the other preview threads.

TLD Preview #1 (By AW)

TLD Preview #2 (Osgiliath Preview By Llew2)

TLD Preview #3 (Concept Art Preview By Merlkir)

Other screens.
Memorial_of_AW_by_Llew2.jpg

Link to official TLD forum on MBX.

ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME!?

I'm going to remove my eyes if you post any more of these ludicrously awesome, taunting screenies.

And also, amazing work sir(s).

Holy ****. The Knight of the Citadel look to be the epitome of badass. The Golden Hall looks awesome as well, although I thought you all prided yourselves in not using the movie as reference.

Anyways thank you very, very much Llew/TLD team. I only wish I had something to give in return. Unfortunately I am talentless. Sorry. Thanks. Bye.

**** me. **** me so hard.

I had a feeling you brilliant chaps would give us a nice TLD preview christmas present.

Also I must say thank you from the bottom of my heart and wish you all safety and peace for this day and the future.

LuckyDuckly said:
The Golden Hall looks awesome as well, although I thought you all prided yourselves in not using the movie as reference.

A common misconception. We're trying not to use the movies in general, but if they have something we really like and which doesn't contradict the books, we might just use it.

Also, we're not using any photos from the movie for textures and Meduseld is not identical to the movie. It's one of those locations that was done extremely well and faithful to the book's description. We're happy to have this Meduseld. :wink:

Are you ****ing crazy? You are responsible if on this holy day, when someone sees this screenshoots survive a nervous breakdown, grab christmas turkey and kill the family. :grin: I'm kidding of course. :wink: I have no words, really, really great.
I wish everyone happy Christmas and all the best for you and your loved ones. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
P.S. Since my Christmas was not yet, I hope that this mode will then be finished, or at least that will be new screenshoots

OMFG! >: O!!!! Nice screenies. Can't wait for release!! *bangs his head*

Pure awesomeness  :grin:
Every morning i wake up, craving for the last days
Aw man i can't take it much longer.

Breath taking!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
this has to be the best mod ever!!!!!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS MOD TEAM!!
cnt wait to play this!!!!!!
thanks again
:razz: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom