Thoughts on EYW

Users who are viewing this thread

Peralta

Sergeant Knight
The bèta has been released Nov 30, I think it was about midnight (CET) at the time, and has been downloaded over 500 times when I type these words...

I wonder about a few things...

- What is YOUR motivation for playing this mod?
- How did you get to know the mod?
- How accurate do you want the historic features to be? (gampelay over history or vice versa?)
- What would be the best way to make the city scenes in your opinion?

Basicly: what are your personal thoughts on BNL: Eighty Years of War?

1. An early pike & shot mod is always nice, and when I played MIITW, I kinda only played as Flanders in a mod. Not that I am from BNL though. I'm also a bit interested in this part of history, although I am interested in other parts of history more.
2. I was one of the first posters on the original topic on Taleworlds (Pioneer's Guild), and I kinda followed it's development. Not too closely though.
3. I would prefer that they would be pretty much level. So long as there isn't any unusual restrictions, I'm fine. Though I'd prefer if you kept a reasonable amount of historical accuracy. Or more. But not too much.
4. erm, I've no idea.

Venitius said:
1. An early pike & shot mod is always nice, and when I played MIITW, I kinda only played as Flanders in a mod. Not that I am from BNL though. I'm also a bit interested in this part of history, although I am interested in other parts of history more.
2. I was one of the first posters on the original topic on Taleworlds, and I kinda followed it's development. Not too closely though.
3. I would prefer that they would be pretty much level. So long as there isn't any unusual restrictions, I'm fine. Though I'd prefer if you kept a reasonable amount of historical accuracy. Or more. But not too much.
4. erm, I've no idea.

Thanks for the suggestions! Always good to hear some comments on the mod! :grin:

Really cool mod i just had a glance at it so I didnt play very much yet.

I'm sorry i wont follow your question's orders but here are a couple negative things I noticed straight at my first 30 minutes of playing.

1- Everything is in Dutch!!!!!  I have no idea what unit to upgrade to what, the armors and weapons too. I know the purpose is to throw us into historically accurate stuff but... it makes the opposite effect I just get terribly lost, ends up putting a bunch of artillery guys in the front line lol, Riding around like Cavalry with an Intendent uniform stuff like that :smile:

2- The Map is absolutely static, you've done a great job with the Overhead and the way everything is placed but... theres no mountains or any interesting things to see on it... thats one thing that motivated me to take castles and play is that they look good... like the ergellon castle would be my prime target cuz its next to a lake and all the cute trees and stuff... Very clumsy detail but it adds lots to gaming atmosphere Imo....

3- Towns take an eternity to load but thats just my crappy video card i guess... same for sounds, some battles I have to turn it off because it lags at every time a troop says ''Uggghh!'' or anything as such... weird thing cuz it doesnt do it with Native and only with 2 mods.

Now ill go and have a full game :smile:

- What is YOUR motivation for playing this mod?
I am Dutch so a bit Patriotic reasons and I'm also interested in that time period.

- How did you get to know the mod?
Just searched for mods on this site and found it.

- How accurate do you want the historic features to be? (gampelay over history or vice versa?)
Fully Historical, just look for the mod Europa Barbarorum for Rome Total War game. Historical Accuracy will make for an much better game! Also as an suggestion, more pikes! Battles in those times seem to have centered around pikemen with supporting units, I barely seen one! And the Geuzen, seem a bit too.. well uncivilized. They were an mercenary/pirate force at the time right? They give more the impression of being some sort of cavemen.

- What would be the best way to make the city scenes in your opinion?
Walls with those cities who had them and possible if the buildings are moddable possible making accurate looking buildings from around that time. Easier said then done but would make for an great mod.

Back
Top Bottom