This game is literally unplayable!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Iv had the game a week now and been trying to play but game is just so laggy and slow its awful. Lots of people have this issue so it must be something with their optimisation?

I have a decent gaming laptop and can play most new games with no issues, iv updated nvidia geforce driver and am playing the game on low settings... nothing i do seems to improve the game at all!

If anyone is able to get the game to run smoothly (or at least playable) please let me know! ???????????

I don't know, but for me it works perfectly. I have a mid-range PC, with a Radeon RX 580 (no big deal) and I only have to do a little downgrade in battles of more than 400. In battles of 800-1000 yes I have to put it to low, but it is normal . They are 800-1000 high detail soldiers, what other game can move that?

I've been running the game on very high settings, only things turned down is shadows to off and water to medium. Max battle size of 450 and it's been pretty good in my opinion. Mostly above 60fps with a few dips here and there

I'll take it though, I'm running an i5-2320 12gb DDR3 ram, only saving grace is a 1070

This thread really helped me optimize the game. I've yet to participate in large battles, but right now it's good with marginal lag on my Legion Y530 (yes, laptops can handle this game after all). The other problem though is that the game is definitely leaks memory - after playing it a couple of hours it's usage of RAM will grow noticeably, and the lag will increase. Having only 8gb of RAM, the lag increases madly after the second hour.
I have a Helios 300 and with 16Gb RAM.
Despite it being on an SSD, the game's loading times gets longer the more I play.

I don't have any lag or anything of that sort... and nor should I.

HUGE issue for me is the game will freeze my PC.. it happens randomly & too frequently. At first I thought maybe it was the water.. however, it freezes even when there isn't water. I have even dumb down the video settings to the lowest everything. Yet it still freezes.

I have my eye on the CPU / GPU temps and nothing is spiking.

My Rig:
i9-9900K - AIO cpu cooled
RTX 2080 Ti
64gb @ 3200 Mem
WD_Black 1tb nvme

Hopefully Nvidia can get a driver update for this game. And hopefully that is the issue.

Im playing on low settings with everything lowered as much as i can (sounds, view distance, etc...) and like i said have a good gaming laptop with the updated drivers...

Im not trying to do any crazy big battles or anything... literally just trying to start a game and fighting like 3 looters is impossible because of the lag and frame rate. Switching menus lags and freezes, moving on the world map lags, and even small fights are just ridiculous! and even shutting down the game takes 10 mins ?

What computers do people use that are able to play the game smoothly? Im sure you guys have robbed some tech from NASA :lol:
What hardware does your laptop have? How much ram? How many cores at what ghz? Which gpu? You can use task manager and the performance tab to monitor your system resources while the game is running to find where your bottleneck is. I have noticed that occasional a memory leak will occur and my ram usage will go from 9 or 10 gb to max. The game is still playable when this happens but is slow to change between different interfaces. If you restart at that point it goes away. Otherwise it runs flawlessly on my system. I'm running a i9-9900k cpu, 16gb ram, and a 2080gpu. The game runs fine on very high for both my wife and I. She is on a 5820k cpu, 32 gb ram, 980ti

Iv had the game a week now and been trying to play but game is just so laggy and slow its awful. Lots of people have this issue so it must be something with their optimisation?

I have a decent gaming laptop and can play most new games with no issues, iv updated nvidia geforce driver and am playing the game on low settings... nothing i do seems to improve the game at all!

If anyone is able to get the game to run smoothly (or at least playable) please let me know! ???????????

I've not read the entire thread if anyone else has said but: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues-will-be-updated-soon.401168/

Performance
The game can sometimes launch selected with integrated GPUs. We have started work in this and fix is on its way.

Could that be what is causing you issues?

Some laptops have an integrated Intel GPU, and an Nvidia GPU. Have you opened Nvidia Control Panel, gone into "Manage 3D Settings", searched for Bannerlord in the game list, and made sure it's set to use the high powered Nvidia GPU? If Bannerlord isn't in the list, you might have to add it.

Not sure if that will resolve your issue, but it's something to check.

This video made it much better for me. Before I had lag, after this I know run 1000 battles and 99% no lag.

This thread is redicolous for me to read. My rig: 5 years old laptop with i3 2.3GHz, ddr 4 ram corsair 8gb, ssd, nvidia 930m 2gb, everytime 300 men battles 30+ fps res 1270x724

I had this same issue and figured out it was the Autoblock mod that I had installed. The Autoblock was trying to calculate where everyone was going to swing and made my CPU spike to 100 and made the game so large that it was virtually unplayable and I would need to restart the game every 15-20mins.

Maybe the issue is "laptop". Even in 2020 laptops just aren't meant for real gaming regardless of marketing.

Maybe the issue is "laptop". Even in 2020 laptops just aren't meant for real gaming regardless of marketing.

Yeah, I stopped that **** after I practically burned my hands picking mine up. I learned pretty quick that case size is important for components to not, you know, melt.

This thread is redicolous for me to read. My rig: 5 years old laptop with i3 2.3GHz, ddr 4 ram corsair 8gb, ssd, nvidia 930m 2gb, everytime 300 men battles 30+ fps res 1270x724

Well my rig barely meets the minimum CPU with 1.3 GHZ higher than yours at 3.6 so thats probably a huge part of the problem you might be able to get it working when the game is fully optimized but at the current moment in time i dont think 2.3 GHz will cut it

Yeah I'm not having any of these issues really, but it's unfortunate others are.

My Rig:
AMD 3700X - AIO Watercooled
EVGA RTX 2080 Black Edition
G.Skill 32GB@3200MHz CL16
500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus

I'm constantly above 60+ FPS and I'm running on max settings. The only issues I had were with sieges but they fixed that.

Back
Top Bottom