The Scripts

Users who are viewing this thread

Kolba

I'm going to use several scripts to improve gameplay in my mod. There were a lot of mini-mods lately, improving gameplay. If you have some suggestions, post them. Here's the list of current scripts:

1. Shield Bash, courtesy of Mirathei. You will be able to use shield, like "a weapon". Damage is not very big, but you can bring to the ground or knock out enemy. Very interesting feature, especially for this period.

2. Formations, courtesy of Mirathei. You will be able to use 3 formations: line, ranks and wedge. Another interesting script, useful for large battles.

3. Possiblity to die in battle, courtesy of me. There is 20% chance that you will fell in battle and return to main menu.

4. Combat abilites, courtesy of Chel.  Rage, sprint and weapon focus are improving your skills, proficiences and abilities for one minute. You will also lose some experience.

5. Whistiling for player's horse, courtesy of Chel. After you dismount from horse, you can whistle for your horse, and he will come to you.

6. First aid, courtesy of me. If you have item "herbs" - which can be bought from merchant - you can heal yourself, health points will increase.

7. Forming patrols, courtesy of Geoffrey Ashe. You can make a patrol from your troops and give them orders like: follow me, patrol around, attack town etc.

8. Bandit bribery, courtesy of Geoffrey Ashe. Bandits will join you, if you give them some money.

9. Buying drinks in tavern, courtesy of Geoffrey Ashe. You can increase morale of your army, if you will buy drinks for them, in tavern. Skill "Tactics" decreases and your travelling speed is much more slower.

10. Proficiency reduction, courtesy of Garnier. "Here's a script I made to reduce the player's weapon proficiencies each week, so if you sit around not practising for too long, you lose your skill at arms.  In this code:
If your proficiency is greater than 125, then you lose 2 points for every 25 more than 125 that you have.  So if you have 150, you lose 2 points, if you have 400 you lose 12 points. ".

11. Buying ships and sailing, courtesy of me. You can buy ship in port towns and sail on the seas. You need to hire a ship captain, if you wish to embark.

12.  Talk with village elder from menu, courtesy of me.

Kolba said:
I'm going to use several scripts to improve gameplay in my mod. There were a lot of mini-mods lately, improving gameplay. If you have some suggestions, post them. Here's the list of current scripts:

2. Formations, courtesy of Mirathei. You will be able to use 3 formations: line, ranks and wedge. Another interesting script, useful for large battles.
Nice  :grin:, but The Formations should need some tweaking though, I have played few mods w. formation code, it does look dandy and cool, but watching 2 armies dancing around w.o causing actual damages is frustrating, I mostly doesnt bother to use formation later in those mods (EATRC and TPW)
I suggest finding someway to improve the Formation code, smth famaliar to "Death of Ressinance", he had a youtube vid showing modified formation code which made army break formation when they contact enemies, more realistic feeling.
Furthermore, you are missing Auto-loot codes  :razz:, which is kind of essential for mods nowaday

For the death probability it can be somewhat frustrating. Maybe it would be better if it can be enabled/disabled.

Some gestion of moral on the battlefield could be great, as it appears in some mods/old versions of M&B. Player actions can encourage his troops, and when a battle is beeing loosed some warriors can start to retreat, except for exemple champions or gesithas which would keep fighting to the death.

Implementing a kind of cattle-raid would be very nice aswell.

I will try to contact Gallus Domesticus and ask him about his code. What actually Auto-Loot code do?

Interesting idea about death. I can make special menu in camp menu, where player can turn on/off some scripts. Morale shouldn't be difficult to implement - Mirathei made own script and it's open source.

Morcant, do you have any ideas for cattle raids system? Maybe player must steal cows, which are on village fields by pressing "F" key on each of them. And of course, he will encounter angry villagers with weapons.

It would have to be fun and doable. Some suggestions:
- player from village menu can choice from the "aggressive options" to steal cattle (would be great to have cows, pigs and sheeps aswell), cattle however would be garded and under certains conditions the keepers will react, they can be farmers but also soldiers...
- AND/OR there is some cattle outside the villages with keepers the player can attack, they would be somewhat slow
- from then the player will have to lead the cattle towards a town/village to sell it there
- OR he can slaughter the animals, and then turn the meat and hide into smoked meat and leather by waiting some hours, depending on the number of his own men, and finally sell the stuff or use it
- there would be "cattle raiding parties" from the other faction stealing cattle here and there.

Auto-loots make life easier to let companions upgrade their own weapons/armors/horses based on ur decision, and it can sort items in ur inventory based on values on camp menu.

Back
Top Bottom