The Scabbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Moore_Boy

Recruit
Hello I am new to the modding world of Mount&Blade, and I have gotten to the point where I can put a item in the game!!!! Even though I have gotten that far by reading the tutorials and all I have one problem that I can't seem solve, and cant find in the forums. Its when you draw your sword from your scabbard. I have my sword model, sword with scabbard, and just a scabbard. I also know that i have to but them into a vertex animated mesh frame to have it to work, but my problem is that when my guy draws his sword from the scabbard the sword that he took out from the scabbard is still in the scabbard, and the sword that he took out from the scabbard is in his hand! So its a scabbard with infinite amout of swords :???: lol Does anyone know how to get this to work so that when my guy draws his scabbard the sword thats in the scabbard isn't there?

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out! I had to change the Frame rate. I had to change it to 0:0, 1:0, 2:10.

1) when you want make scabbard i recommend use openBrf and look others scabbards
2) scabbard with sword and scabbard without sword must have same number of polygons vertex and lines
3) it will be the best if every one frame will be connected in one model
4) use any one scabbard like an example
5) in openBrf when you import scabbard with sword then import vertex animation frame (simple 0 and first frames is the same)
second frame is empty scabbard and the last frame is again full scabbard with frame)
6) when you do it in openBrf you must see sword is in scabbard sword and no in scabbard if you did everything good then everything must be fine
7)sword and scabbard is 2 different files they must be connected in itemkinds.txt
like andexample
itm_sword sword sword 2  sword 0  scab_sword 3458764513820540928  4259842 9223388564182532110 300000 155668 1.500000 100 0 0 0 0 29696 105 0 97 0 256 29

there itm_sword sword sword 2 number 2 means that those items is connected sword and  scab_sword
:cool: that's all good luck

Thanks Rgcotl for the help even though I did figure it out on my own! Yes, I was going to use the scabbard that was already in the game, but i thought it would be awesome to have my own scabbard, and Its working great NO Errors!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Back
Top Bottom