The official Goodbye thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Icy Fresh Werewolf said:
And to Rebel: yeah bro, you need to chill out, that's really the only thing you can do. You're going up against some of the popular peeps on here, they're obviously gonna be supported by the rest or at least most of the other users no matter whether your complaints about being provoked are legitimate or not. :razz:
Ah, the occult cabal of the elites anti-rabble geheim pact theory again.

Vieira said:
Here's icy, bringing the cooooooool.  :cool:
:wink: Gotta keep it fresh man.

Harkon Haakonson said:
Icy Fresh Werewolf said:
And to Rebel: yeah bro, you need to chill out, that's really the only thing you can do. You're going up against some of the popular peeps on here, they're obviously gonna be supported by the rest or at least most of the other users no matter whether your complaints about being provoked are legitimate or not. :razz:
Ah, the occult cabal of the elites anti-rabble geheim pact theory again.
Not saying there's some kind of Satanic cultism going on, but it's pretty obvious a friendly group has formed among the more common visitors here and it's ridiculous to say that people aren't going to be biased in support of their friends or at least the people they know better and get along with better socially. It's a basic fact of social psychology :lol:. And just looking at what's been happening with Rebel (from a nonbiased perspective, mind you) it's pretty clear it's not just always Rebel's fault and that there's been some ganging up on him. I mean sure, he's definitely said some stupid things, but then there's also plenty of moments where people are just purposely provoking him and then sit back as others decide to join in on the fun after Rebel inevitably reacts. I hardly expect you to take any of what I'm saying into actual consideration though :lol:, so believe whatever you wish. Just my two cents on the issue. :razz:

Harkon Haakonson said:
I hardly expect you to take any of what I'm saying into actual consideration though
Indeed... Because it's wrong. None of us doucheweasels are below calling each other's bull**** against clear "old boy" behavior, actually.
The part I said at the beginning about basic social psychology is definitely not wrong at least; basic fact. And if you want to look at some proof just look at what some others have said in this thread. I think Mage pointed out earlier that Rebel was being provoked while most people just came to the defense of the more popular person. I think Jhessail too has been the subject of favoritism in plenty of arguments she's gotten into, and I think this general phenomenon I'm talking about is part of why it took so long for her to get any kind of punishment at all for the things she's been saying for years.

Jhess. got punishment before her self-imposed exile and received more since her return because she refused to self-censor.  I don't do eggnog but I have had some Courvoisier.  Personally, I was reluctant to punish her sometimes because she was usually right.

No, I mean it; you are wrong. Good that that's clear. You can't look at one thread and establish a conclusion. People (as in, the "old boys" you believe to exist) have pointed out abuses towards Rebel they didn't agree with to me before. This really isn't junior high's recess time, people are far more reasonable towards everyone than you seem to perceive.

Also, nobody provoked Rebel, even when Mage "mentioned it". Sure, perhaps I was a bit more vocal than necessary if one is to dissect the content, but I regret nothing, I get legitimately disappointed when people of value in various contexts of my life are drawn away by others I consider mediocre.

Harkon Haakonson said:
No, I mean it; you are wrong. Good that that's clear.
:lol: Just repeating it's "wrong" doesn't mean anything. Good that that's clear.
Harkon Haakonson said:
You can't look at one thread and establish a conclusion. People (as in, the "old boys" you believe to exist) have pointed out abuses towards Rebel they didn't agree with to me before. This really isn't junior high's recess time, people are far more reasonable towards everyone than you seem to perceive.
Well I'm not saying this just because of this one thread, I remember getting this idea that the more popular folks were biased for each other before and when I saw it happening again this time I got reminded of it and felt I had to say something. Also, I just went back to look at her posts with Slev and saw that she was being way out of line there too, but people hardly gave it any concern in this thread and rather felt better with just insulting and making fun of Slev.
Harkon Haakonson said:
Also, nobody provoked Rebel, even when Mage "mentioned it". Sure, perhaps I was a bit more vocal than necessary if one is to dissect the content, but I regret nothing, I get legitimately disappointed when people of value in various contexts of my life are drawn away by others I consider mediocre.
:lol: Alright, if you don't think you calling him a "monumental loser at life" was provocative, then I don't know what to say. Just because you personally don't regret it doesn't mean it wasn't provocative.
Lord Brutus said:
Jhess. got punishment before her self-imposed exile and received more since her return because she refused to self-censor.  I don't do eggnog but I have had some Courvoisier.
Oh? Hm, I don't remember that, then again I've been away from the forums for some time (well, I've been coming back since I'm in one of the BoPs, but otherwise I've been absent) and only came back once I heard the news of Jhessail's moderator status removal. However, even if she's been punished before, there's been plenty of times where she hasn't been, and I doubt some other repeat offender would've survived as long as this.
Lord Brutus said:
Personally, I was reluctant to punish her sometimes because she was usually right.
I definitely have to agree with this; she usually was right, however her hostile way of talking and tossing out insults like candy wasn't. But anyway, I guess the top people of this forum or whoever removed her status figured that out eventually.

Lord Brutus said:
****, don't everyone answer at once.  You must have **** between your ears.  Maybe go take a bath with a toaster.

I think I'm getting the hang of it, just need the make-up.  :grin:
Needs more naughty words.

Teofish said:
Lord Brutus said:
****, don't everyone answer at once.  You must have **** between your ears.  Maybe go take a bath with a toaster.

I think I'm getting the hang of it, just need the make-up.  :grin:
Needs more naughty words.
See, that's my major drawback and the major difference between Jhess. and me.  She lacked any empathy for others.  I can't bring myself to be totally abhorrent to anyone, even those who desperately deserve it.

Icy Fresh Werewolf said:
Well I'm not saying this just because of this one thread, I remember getting this idea that the more popular folks were biased for each other before and when I saw it happening again this time I got reminded of it and felt I had to say something. Also, I just went back to look at her posts with Slev and saw that she was being way out of line there too, but people hardly gave it any concern in this thread and rather felt better with just insulting and making fun of Slev.

No, you're definitely right. There is some cliqueish behavior among some forumites. It used to bug me, but now I mostly ignore it.

Harkon Haakonson said:
Nobody provoked me?
Are you incapable of seeing when you're being a monumental ****?

having trouble with your empathy?

Back
Top Bottom