The Greek/Latin Gods

Users who are viewing this thread

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
:lol:
Damn you, I was doing the same.
They're not exactly wrong, but it's not the whole truth either.

Also always bear in mind that many of this are interpretations of ancients texts by people raised as Christians.
Much like the ****storm the Germanic mythology had to suffer.

[quote author=Wiki]In older Greek myths, the realm of Hades is the misty and gloomy abode of the dead (also called Erebus), where all mortals go. Later Greek philosophy introduced the idea that all mortals are judged after death and are either rewarded or cursed. Very few mortals, including Heracles, could leave his realm once they entered.
There were several sections of the realm of Hades, including Elysium, the Asphodel Meadows, and Tartarus. Greek mythographers were not perfectly consistent about the geography of the afterlife. A contrasting myth of the afterlife concerns the Garden of the Hesperides, often identified with the Isles of the Blessed, where the blessed heroes may dwell.[/quote]

Mythologies and their never-ending changes.

FrisianDude said:
Well, jokes aside, afaIk all the Greek deities could be slain in combat. They just couldn't die of old age and they tended only to fight if they were on the winning hand. :razz:

They seems like the lords of Calradia: even a common warrior could wound them (one wounded two gods in a single battle) but they never die...you can even eat them and they are still alive.

lancecor said:
I'm still sticking with my description.

Which is completely wrong.

Anyway, didn't the whole postmortem punishment thing come to light with Zoroastrianism or whatever the **** it's called while Greeks all had pretty much the same deal regardless of their lives?

Hyperion said:
Anyway, didn't the whole postmortem punishment thing come to light with Zoroastrianism or whatever the **** it's called while Greeks all had pretty much the same deal regardless of their lives?

no, it was Ricky Gervais who came up with the post mortem punishment thing.
I saw it in a documentary called "The Invention of Lying"

Back
Top Bottom