The Great Book of Heroic Deeds

Users who are viewing this thread

well i was roaming with my party (67 man) i was with russia
we and all the other countries destroyed GB(russia got the capitol and brigthon)
we were at war with the svea.
i noticed a very large siege(over 500 man) on the reindeir castle
so with a brave menuvar i got in the castle and waited to the fight.
after tow days the fight came.we had luck because a caravan went near by and some partys follow it.
we had 198 man
they 482 man...
i setted all the archers to hold the postion near the ladder and horderd the covalry to fire from the side(just left them there)
after half hour of fighting wich in it the svaeins broke our line twice and me leading the counter attack saved the castle.
at the end off the battle the results were:
i had 102 man killed about 20 injured
they add over 450 man killed and all the rest injured
i destroyed all most 7 armies of the svea andtanks to thet the russians were able to capture two castles and 1 city of the svea with much of a risstance.

by the way the castle werent my... and i got all most 30 reknown from the battle and a lot of good troops.

soory for mistakes
from israel...                                       

Ive was wandering with my party about 34 men :smile:
ended up in a fight with enemy (Great british)
They had about 140 men
I had 14 Horse men and rest infintary
I let my infintary Stand in line and 14 horse mens 20 feet back
enemy charged
I let my archers fire they took heavy losses (me too)
Then i order horses to charge they lost about 72 in the charge
before my Calvary daid
I charged with my archers and killed the rest
And finaly All my party was Killed and i won

Playing the add-on Wars of Europe:

I decided to play with Great Britain. Recruited troops in villages, everything went well. Suddenly, Russia declared war on GB. I was able to recruit 74 men, due to my fighting experiences with peasants and woodlurkers. Morale was low, so I travelled to the nearest Russian village (forgot the name) and looted it. In the meantime, two Russian armies were on the way towards the village and attacked me. I faced a force of +/- 250 men. The troops I commanded were Regulars, Riflemen, Light Dragoons (both British as KGL) and a few Highlanders. The Russian armies were made up with Streltsy, Grenadiers, Regulars, Militia, dismounted Uhlans and peasants.

Dressed as mayor-general Picton (with top hat and vest), I ordered my line infantry to form line (double rank) and hold fire. When in range, my men fired volley after volley. Simultaneously, my Light Dragoons charged the Russians in the left flank. 4 waves of Russians were stopped, the last one was less succesfull for my troops. But in the end, GB was victorious.

Brutal results: +/- 230 Russians killed, 20 wounded / Britain: +/- 40 men killed, 12 wounded. Epic!

JDeNef13

A new adventure I witnessed in Wars of Europe:

Testing out all the factions in the game, I focused my attention on the Kingdom of Sweden this time. After dealing with Sea Raiders along the coast and helping Manhunters in capturing by revolution influenced peasants, I slowly managed to train a basic Swedish army that also contained troops from Finland, Norway and Denmark. After gathering money by doing some quests, I set off towards the land owned by GB. Arriving at the French-British border, a massive battle had already begun. Austria, France and me as Sweden, fighting off an Russian-British allied force. Because I attacked British villagers in a previous skirmish, I was able to join the Austrians and French forces. Our army was 293 men (68 were Swedish/Scandinavian) strong while the Russian-British field army was 301 soldiers strong. Apparently, the French attacked a British caravan as I could see there were going to be Caravan Guards deployed in the battle ahead.

The fact that a Caravan was under attack, the AI will charge immediately after spawn. Knowing this, I quickly formed line, melee infantry (banners carriers and officers) behind the musket armed soldiers, and cavalry at my left flank. When British Light Dragoons and Russian Cossacks along with Russian Dragoons were heading towards my position. I ordered a cavalry charge. The French and Austrian armies luckily had some cavalry units (Lancers and Carabiniers) with them, so I led them into the fray. Around 11 Lancers and 5 Carabiniers held off 22 British-Russian cavalrymen in a nice charge, killing about 20 of them while the French and Austrians lost about 7 men.

When the enemy cavalry was repulsed, I positioned my cavalry back where they were deployed in the first place. The infantrymen were send in, with Swedish banners waving behind them. Mainly because the enemy infantry preferred a skirmishing battle position (scattered) rather, as I did, form a line, their fire didn't harm my troops severely. However, when the British and Russians Grenadiers came along to join the turmoil, I noticed I lost more men faster. These troops excel in melee combat, that's for sure. Around 70% of the infantry I lost in this battle, were killed because of a bayonet attack or were cut down with a sword.

This battle wasn't epic in terms of strategy, but in terms of numbers it was very entertaining. Sweden, Austria and France (SAF) were the winning countries, while Great Britian and Russia (GBR) were forced to pull back and needed to rebuild their forces. The results were:

SAF: 112 dead (+/- 10 Swedish/Scandinavian), 18 wounded (+/- 15 Swedish/Scandinavian).
GBR: 278 dead, 23 wounded.

:cool:

JDeNef13

Back
Top Bottom