The Gathering: Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Let me be the first to say, AMAZING mod! amazing skins! i love the karkan tribe. they are my favorite :grin:

But, the only things im having trouble with are....

Karkan tribe is extremely hard to see on the map because of the dark brown color.

and the UI is hard to see as well :\

So far so good, but those 2 things could be improved!

Dragonki332 said:
Let me be the first to say, AMAZING mod! amazing skins! i love the karkan tribe. they are my favorite :grin:

But, the only things im having trouble with are....

Karkan tribe is extremely hard to see on the map because of the dark brown color.
I noticed that before. I might try changing them to a lighter brown.
and the UI is hard to see as well :\

So far so good, but those 2 things could be improved!
Any windows in particular?
Glad to hear your enjoying it

lighter brown would be alot easier to see at night :smile:

Hmm, i dont have any preferences, but the stone mesh look is pretty hard to read behind...

Dragonki332 said:
lighter brown would be alot easier to see at night :smile:

Hmm, i dont have any preferences, but the stone mesh look is pretty hard to read behind...
Got you, you mean the stone bricks? I have had trouble reading them as well, I might fix it for the hotfix

Yeah the stones, hard to read the unit and see if there are upgrades, my eyes dont seperate them well haha. Oh, and I freaking love what you did with the tavern for the karkan. that is awesome!
If there is anything i can help you with, let me know. if you have steam, you can add me. Dragonki332 is my steam name

Dragonki332 said:
Yeah the stones, hard to read the unit and see if there are upgrades, my eyes dont seperate them well haha. Oh, and I freaking love what you did with the tavern for the karkan. that is awesome!
If there is anything i can help you with, let me know. if you have steam, you can add me. Dragonki332 is my steam name
Sent a request.
Playing as the Karkans do you have any suggestions regarding weapons and such? Do you think them too strong or weak against other factions?

Crossbow Joe said:
Playing as the Karkans do you have any suggestions regarding weapons and such? Do you think them too strong or weak against other factions?

This is what we need since we re-hauled almost every faction. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

i havent really gotten far into the game, im still playing right now. i haven't been able to fight any factions yet, but ill let you know if something pops up. so far the only problem i had was when i was attacked by the little wandering partys of 20 or so men, they swung extremely fast, and i wasnt able to back peddle and fight them off, but i was still level 2, so thats no surprise.

Deofuta said:
I would love an alternative download location. The M&B Repository is nice, but oh so slow.
I agree wholeheartedly. The estimated download time was 2 hrs. PLEASE upload anywhere else.

Calm down guys. There is a Moddb page, it just hasn't been updated with the correct version yet.

I think Crossbow Joe said this was the 20th largest mod on the Repository.. It doesn't matter where he uploads it, it is going to take a little while to download.

It's worth it though. There is not many Total Conversions out that are as complete as this one. 

Hey, great mod playing the 0.70 version till the 0.80 version downloads (sneaky 0.70 was 8 mins to download on moddb teehee)

Im just wondering about the Multiplayer side of this, is their a server up? because i love the single player already. But i think i would love to play it on multi aswell  :grin:

Slayton said:
Make the Arlan (Spelling) Better. They need it. Trust me.

What exactly do you mean?

Arlen Tribe or Barony? What(if any) troops?

if your talking about the plural of some of the troops for the Arlen tribe, i already know about it.

Yes I am aware of repository slow speed, I had to upload to it.
I will get a new upload location as soon as it is possible, most likely on moddb.

Slayton said:
Make the Arlan (Spelling) Better. They need it. Trust me.
As I am aware, the Arlen Tribe troops have been improperly equipped. They will be fixed in the new hotfix.
haza said:
Hey, great mod playing the 0.70 version till the 0.80 version downloads (sneaky 0.70 was 8 mins to download on moddb teehee)

Im just wondering about the Multiplayer side of this, is their a server up? because i love the single player already. But i think i would love to play it on multi aswell  :grin:
Good workaround, I recommend it to anyone wanting to at least see what the mod is like.
As for multiplayer, servers are hard to come by and as such I do not have any up at the moment. What I am planning however is to have another multiplayer event soon.

Crossbow Joe said:
As I am aware, the Arlen Tribe troops have been improperly equipped. They will be fixed in the new hotfix.

Well that makes me feel stupid.

Yeah i fixed them yesterday night. As of right now they feel as unique as the Snakes and Lundmen, and are as strong as Karkan. The fixes should be in the next hotfix.

Great mod. Here's some things I thought about.

• Can we get female versions of the tribal paint armors?

• To even the playing field against the other factions and their superior weapons and armor, you could give the tribal factions between 5 to 10 patrol units with 30 to 40 soldiers in them to keep watch of the area and perform opportunistic attacks and drive off enemy lords. Their lands become a lot less conquerable when raiding a village means a patrol and a lord might attack turning a roughly equal fight into a one sided one.

• In sieges, can you have the attackers start just a little bit farther away from the defenders? I easily took over some territory in Snake's neck because some of their guys spawned outside and all of my men were right on top of them, and then the rest of the fight was hunting down the separated forces inside the fort itself. On the flip side, when the snake's neck arrived to take the castle back from me, I got absolutely smashed when my guys spawned outside and some right next to me, and they basically killed half of my forces before I could do anything about it. I've found it easier to just preemptively strike before they reach the castle since I've got better chances fighting on the field with a horse and together rather than being divided.

• More benefits from the chargen choices, like being a tribe hunter letting you recruit the groups of roaming tribe hunters into your party, or starting as a mountain warrior giving you groups of them in your team from the start. It makes your choices matter more if it's something you can do that changes how you play the game from the start.

• Could you change the killing lords feature to only give relationship hits to the faction the lord you killed belongs to? It was built for native, and it's understandable there that it would cause a rift between you and the rest of the factions to kill a lord, who is basically nobility, but in this mod should everyone really hate you for killing a lord of any of the tribal or rebel factions, including the people they're at war with? Any number of these lords are likely responsible for the deaths of many, so I wouldn't think it would matter so much.

Thanks for making this mod.

Morrowind Mod Man said:
Can we get female versions of the tribal paint armors?

Im not going to say that it isn't useless, but we need snake armour in general. If Crossbow Joe makes female armour it should be on the bottom of the list of to do.

This is my personal opinion and does not reflect his views.

In sieges, can you have the attackers start just a little bit farther away from the defenders? I easily took over some territory in Snake's neck because some of their guys spawned outside and all of my men were right on top of them, and then the rest of the fight was hunting down the separated forces inside the fort itself. On the flip side, when the snake's neck arrived to take the castle back from me, I got absolutely smashed when my guys spawned outside and some right next to me, and they basically killed half of my forces before I could do anything about it. I've found it easier to just preemptively strike before they reach the castle since I've got better chances fighting on the field with a horse and together rather than being divided.

I agree, i think that a majority should be overall more difficult. Just keep in mind i refuse to change some of the scenes in game and I will not ask permission to change them(Forest way, snake towns). The only way they will get changed is if crossbow joe explicitly tells me to change them.

Back
Top Bottom