The Bush Tax Cuts Are Now the Obama Tax Cuts

Should Obama have extended the 2001 Bush tax cuts?

• Yes - it will keep the economy from stagnating.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Yes - it will bring in more revenue.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Yes - it's a good political compromise.

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • No - it will make the economy weaker.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - it's fiscally irresponsible to cut taxes when there's a deficit.

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • No - it's not in line with his principles.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Don't know/don't care

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I approve of this measure. It actually shows some balls to diplomatically have a bipartisan bill. Now that he's compromised with the Republicans, he might be able to convince some of them for his own agenda.

As for the cut itself? I'm not sure. A motive behind it may be Keynesian ideals, though. I doubt that it will work though, as businesses will likely only invest when they feel the economy is stable enough that they can predict what will happen - which certainly is not happening with government experiments and changes to taxes.

Well, he could have vetoed it.  Then again, he actually tried to dissuade House Democrats from voting against it.

Regendur said:
Now that he's compromised with the Republicans, he might be able to convince some of them for his own agenda.

Didn't he try that before though? I remember reading something early in his term about despite being bipartisan, he still wasn't winning Republicans over.

The economy is not stabilized, from what I understand it's slowly getting worse and is predicted to get worse still before it gets better.

Back
Top Bottom