Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

For the last 7 years I've been prioritizing something useless, something fictional. Something that would never ever help me in life. For 7 years I sat down behind a monitor day in and day out. Forgetting about school or the stuff I was supposed to do. For 7 years I wasted my life...

But is it really wasted time if I enjoyed doing it? During these 7 years I've played countless hours of this godforsaken game. These countless hours has been some of the best hours I've ever had. It's hard to belive that 7 years ago my friend showed me this random game I've never heard of, and now 7 years later I can look back at that moment and only have two words to say. Thank you.
The rollercoaster this journey has been is just unbelievable. From playing alone on a deathmatch server to play with and against some of the best players in the game. From sitting silent in TeamSpeak after losing an important round to laughing endlessly after hitting that sick shot.... On a teammate.
Playing with a team of people from all over the world to a team of only Swedes.

During these years I've met so many people, some amazing, some less so. But I do believe every single person I've met has made these years special. They helped create the mold of what I call warband. And I wouldn't wanna reshape that mold for anything in the world.

These 7 years has been some of the best in my life of playing games. No. It has been the best years. And all I can do I thank you for it. Every single one that has been here playing this game even though we kinda hate it.

Thank you;
Every tournament admin.
Every player that was a regular on IG.
Every player for keeping the game alive way past its expiration date.
IG for hosting the most quality server in the game.
Every single ******* for giving the game some character.
Every single good guy who balanced up for the assholes.
Captain Lust to have the energy to put with our ****.
Callum for coming and doing a great job after Lust.
Everyone.

I want to say "No one mentioned nobody forgotten" but there is one person who has been there since day one. Anaconda aka Zach aka CommanderSPQR aka "Mr. Can't decide which name I should have". I owe you a great deal for these years. Thank you Zach.
And a special thank you to every single player who has played in Wonwokie. I won't lie, some of you means a bit more but I won't name drop anymore. And there are some outside of Wonwokie who means a great deal, and I think you know who you guys are.

So this is it. I won't be playing anymore. (Which I kinda stopped doing a while ago, but now it's for real). On the 25th of June I'm going away for 1 year with the Swedish army to become a tank crew member. I will try to be as active as I can on the forums (which I kinda never was anyways). This is my very cringe and sentimental goodbye to all of you still playing this ****ing game.

Thank you
-Horace

Farewell, ser Horace.

I would also like to add that, there is no record of a sane person choosing to go serve as a tank crewman. Good luck  :razz:

Always a great, funny, energetic guy. I have enjoyed my time with you before, in, and after we were teammates in Wonwokie.

I hope that u will be well and that we can speak to each other again soon. Be safe out there brother, or as Zach would say; Safe.

One of the best supporters and greatest personalities we got in the community, aside of being a great player who was really nice to play with, take care man hope everything goes good

Same but i've only been playing for 2,5 years, never regretted and will never regret it, best game I've ever played. Cheers and good luck for the army

makes thread about leaving to join a tank crew.. doesn't call thread Tank you, plz amend  :fruity:

Good luck in there though! I have had many an e buddy go to the army in Scandinavia and they seem okay afterwards ^^

as for the wasting time part people struggle with i think of it like this. (not directed at anyone ofc)

Is reading a waste of time?
Is talking to friends a waste of time? (don't know plz tell me i have none  :oops:)
Is everything that isn't work a waste of time?

If what you do for a living is the be all and end all of who you are as a person then it is time wasted for everything else there's mastercard, Enjoying life is just as important as working and a good balance includes working when you need to and studying when you need to but also chilling out and having fun with whatever hobby you enjoy (which also helps in your work life so you are not stressed as fk)
This also goes for the "i'm too old for gaming now" crowd, you can fk off too ^^ what you really mean is i cant go fully hardcore 18 hours a day gaming anymore  :wink:

Goodluck buddy in the army!!
I must say playing with you was always a pleasure back in the day with Wonwokie!!
And ofcourse their where more moments when we played together on this **** game xD

Back
Top Bottom