Team America (USA)

Users who are viewing this thread

Honorable Mention:
Kherven. For lending out his server to us so much, even when he doesn't want to!

Good to be on the team, I'll be busy with homework and finals these next two weeks, but I should be around to get some good matches in. Death and glory!

Considering adopt hasn't responded to a PM since he first signed up, Rhade and I opted to remove him. On saturday he will be replace by Fortinbras (or Buzzard, whatever you call him).

Oh, and I thought I might add that Antigone and Kitten are being second-string-super-stars right now. Showing up for stuff like it's their job. If only beer and vanidar would quit their jobs...

If you need be I'll be in the barn,
Milkin' my lolcow
--X

Mr.X said:
Considering adopt hasn't responded to a PM since he first signed up, Rhade and I opted to remove him. On saturday he will be replace by Fortinbras (or Buzzard, whatever you call him).

Are you ever going to choose players who actually applied for the team?

MrNomNom said:
Mr.X said:

This deep in to the tournament, we're just focused on replacing inactive players with the most talented, willing players we can find.

Applying in the thread definitely had a large part in determining our starting roster, but managing the team isn't always done in the thread, people do volunteer other places that isn't always visible to the general public at all times.

Rhade said:
MrNomNom said:
Mr.X said:

This deep in to the tournament, we're just focused on replacing inactive players with the most talented, willing players we can find.

Applying in the thread definitely had a large part in determining our starting roster, but managing the team isn't always done in the thread, people do volunteer other places that isn't always visible to the general public at all times.

I know, but I feel a little cheated when I see people who expressed no interest when teams were being picked, being chosen over people who applied on the thread and in time.

That being said, you can't get much better than Fort, Hasek, and Mad Dawg, so I see where you're coming from.

MrNomNom said:
Rhade said:
MrNomNom said:
Mr.X said:

I know, but I feel a little cheated when I see people who expressed no interest when teams were being picked, being chosen over people who applied on the thread and in time.

That being said, you can't get much better than Fort, Hasek, and Mad Dawg, so I see where you're coming from.

I understand the angle you're coming from, but we made the decision at the beginning of this tournament that if we have to choose between being fair/catering to protecting people's feelings versus picking and choosing only the best we have available, we're going to go with the latter.

We can't afford, at this point, to give people precedence because they signed up sooner. At the intense level of play we're facing, we can either afford to be "nice" and hamstring ourselves from the best possible players, or "mean" and have the best shot at victory.

Rhade said:
MrNomNom said:
Mr.X said:

Ah, I believe Rhade is talking about a PM.

In-game, on vent, and various other places too. Mad Dawg and Hasek both talked to the team in-game, or at least I know Maddie did when he was ready. ^^;

Back
Top Bottom