B Fantasy t

A whole new Graphics Pack is being created for the mod itself, so the settings? (Will change only wh

• Darker ambience.

Votes: 187 45.4%
  • Colorful ambience.

Votes: 82 19.9%
  • Shiny ambience.

Votes: 45 10.9%
  • Cartoonish ambience.

Votes: 33 8.0%
  • Sharpened ambience which is kind of enchancements, nothing fancy.

Votes: 65 15.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well i expected TS, vent, xfire, steam, irc, email but not MSN :razz: but it aint a problem to download it. Not i gotta think what to make...

gone give me some ideas xD

RealMephisto said:
Well i expected TS, vent, xfire, steam, irc, email but not MSN :razz: but it aint a problem to download it. Not i gotta think what to make...

gone give me some ideas xD

Alright, TS is valid too.

[me=Mr Mohawk]punches the air[/me]

YEEEEEAH Meppy le Mephisto nubcake :grin:

RealMephisto said:
Im sure WEe meant me and ManBoobz

Lol good then. Anyway you need to setup a MSN account fast and give me. TS2 cant be a way to communicate.

RealMephisto said:
Im sure WEe meant me and ManBoobz
Yes, I meant you two. Sorry Belendor If I sounded bad or hurt you. Twas meant for those two, as I know MEphosaurus and ManBoobz quite well. Anyways, good luck on the project. I remember playing AOM when I was little. Liked it quite much so I'm curious how this turns out :smile:

Would be cool if it was like PW but age of mythology and no bandits and everyone has to start at beginning and build buildings to upgrade armor and weapons in armory and u need resources to build buildings

A couple of suggestions:
I always thought AoM didn't have enough variety. Maybe when you've finished the majority of the mod you could add in some new Factions and Mythologies (Japanese, Chinese and English mythologies are good ones I know of, and Roman seems to be popular.)
Secondly, why is Hades enemy to everyone? Hades may be God of the Underworld but he's still brother to Zeus and not exactly the evil guy. If anything, Kronos (when you get to Atlantean) should be the evil faction.

I enjoyed playing and modding AOM,but I think you should make it more Real Mythology and less Age of Mythology.Here are some tips that will make your mod better:
1)Make real weapons and armor like in AoM but make your own texture.(HINT:Base on the unit Icons instead of the 3d models.
2)Remove that ugly green hue from the yellow armors,try giving it a more realistic color.
3)Don't make one-faction-per god.Each person must have his own faith,and that would lead you to 6 unique factions instead of 6 factions of wich 3 are greek and 3 are norse.These factions would be:
1-Greece(Zeus/Hades)-AoM Greeks
2-Troy(Hades/Poseidon)-AoM Greeks with some changes,such as the Cataphracts(Achilles guys with spears) instead of the Prodromos and Hetairoi(Instead of the Hippikon)
3-Norse(Odin/Thor)-AoM Norse
4-Saxons(Loki)-AoM Norse With Bondi(norse spearmen removed from alpha release) instead of Huskarls,Longaxes instead of Ulfsarks and Archers instead of Axethrowers.
5-Egyptians(Ra/Set)-AoM Egypt
6-Nubians(Isis)-AoM Egypt with nubian troops instead of egyptian(Spearman-Nubian Spearman etc.) and Nubian Cavalry instead of Camels.
4)Choose a setting from the AoM plot,I suggest The Trojan War:
Greece(Agamemnon) vs Troy(Priam) in the Aegean Sea.
Egypt(Kemsyt)+Saxon Expedition(Gargarensis) vs Nubians(Amanra)+Norse Expedition(Oberjarl Niordsir)
To sum up:We are during the Trojan War missions.The heroes of Greece and Troy fight one another for the City while in Egypt,The Nordic Oberjarl,Niordsir(The norse that helps recovering the Head of Osiris from the big tree) has chased Gargarensis back from Scandinavia.
5)Add new untis of your own(Possible Greek Tree)
                                                                                                      -Spartan/Trojan Hoplite
                      -Hoplite-Trained Hoplite-Veteran Hoplite-Phalanx Hoplite-Theban Hoplite
Militia(Barracks)-Hypaspist-Trained Hypaspist-Heavy Hypaspist-Champion Hypaspist-Athenean Hypaspist
                                                                                                                        -Mycenean/Trojan Hypaspist

-Theban/Trojan Prodromos
                            -Prodromos-Trained Prodromos-Lance Prodromos-Heavy Prodromos-Athenean Prodromos
Kataskopos(Stable)-Hippikon-Heavy Hippikon-Master Hippikon-Champion Hippikon-Trojan/Mycenean Hippikon
                                                                                                                      -Macedonean Hippikon

-Illyrian Peltast
                                      -Peltast-Trained Peltast-Heavy Peltast-Marksman Peltast-Spartan/Trojan Peltast                                                 
Watchman(Archery Range)-Toxotes-Trained Toxotes-Master Toxotes-Deadeye Toxotes-Cretan Toxotes
                                                                                                                            -Athenean/Trojan Toxotes

Myrmydon-Heavy Myrmydon-Champion Myrmydon(Fortress)
Hetairoi-Heavy Hetairoi-Master Hetairoi(Fortress)
Gastraphetes-Trained Gastraphetes-Marksman Gastraphetes(Fortress)

Awec said:
A couple of suggestions:
I always thought AoM didn't have enough variety. Maybe when you've finished the majority of the mod you could add in some new Factions and Mythologies (Japanese, Chinese and English mythologies are good ones I know of, and Roman seems to be popular.)
Secondly, why is Hades enemy to everyone? Hades may be God of the Underworld but he's still brother to Zeus and not exactly the evil guy. If anything, Kronos (when you get to Atlantean) should be the evil faction.

I guess we will make this mod related to Age of Mythology, when we do everything we can for this mod, its gonna be remained in that last version and we will release OSP of weapons and Source Code of this mod for who wants to continue. And yes Hades as i know of is a betrayer to Zeus so i thought it would be interesting.

@tenis15 We are thinking to implement gathering system but that will be the only thing for close to your idea. Also i guess we will make Troy War but we need scene for it.

@ThaneWulfgharn  Thanks for your concern but we already have a TO-DO list, and all other factions will be included also All Gods have different thinkings, also it would be stupidity to add Zeus as "King" and "Apollo" as Lord.

@ThaneWulfgharn  Thanks for your concern but we already have a TO-DO list, and all other factions will be included also All Gods have different thinkings, also it would be stupidity to add Zeus as "King" and "Apollo" as Lord.
That's exactly what I didn't meant.I meant a "Religion System"
Religion System:
Faction Religion:
Faction Religion means the general religion of the faction.It sets what myth units the faction acesses and what temples.
Character Religion:
This is your religion.You can pray to any god if you find his Shrine(Minor God) and Temple(Major God).In exchange of a new resource called Favor(That is generated in different ways depending on the type of religion ie norse,greek etc.) you can get Myth Units and God Powers.

Back
Top Bottom