Resolved System crashes at random intervals

Users who are viewing this thread

Ohmz27

Recruit
Hi, so I've got a pretty power machine which runs the game absolutely fine for the most part - all except I get crashes seemingly randomly. Not just a CTD or anything, the game will freeze for a few secs then the whole system resets.

Memory dumps aren't too helpful, but from what I can tell, the problem is either faulty memory or a memory leak in the game causing issues. I only get this with Bannerlord, and have done a ~12 hour stress test on my memory which didn't flag anything up, so I'm inclined to believe the problem isn't my RAM but something the game is doing. Anyone else getting hard crashes when playing Bannerlord?

Specs:
i9 9900K @ 4.9GHz
GTX 1080
32GB RAM

Yes i have the same issue. The game freezes as in on my monitor and all i can hear is loud buzzing. Keyboard and mouse become unresponsive requiring a hard reset/restart. If i wait long enough after the crash/freeze the computer restarts itself. It happens at random times mostly during custom battles. I keep a good eye on my temps and clock speeds for both GPU and CPU and yet, nothing is under significant stress or overheating.

Further experiments...
I reset all my GPU, Ram and CPU OC's but i still got the crash.
I also tried turning down all the settings in the game to see if i can reduce stress on the system but it still crashed.
I have the latest Nvidea drivers.

Bannerlord and Vermintide 2 are the only two games that have this issue for me.

Hello, i informed the devs about your problem. In the meantime can you please let me know if the problem persisted after the new patches.

I have the same issue. The game randomly crashes (sometimes even complete bluescreen) after 30-60 min. playing. If its not a bluescreen, still only a complete computer restart helps.
Ingame its random, sometimes while attacking some looters, sometimes while walking in a town, most of the time if I try to save or try to load (ingame).

Only thing I found is that bannerlord is useing more and more RAM (I saw it useing up to 23GB of my 32 GB). My guess for the bluescreens and crashes is that my system just runs out of free memory at some point.

I'm playing with the "Very low" settings, because my specs sadly are not much above the minimum requirements:
- OS: Windows10 (tried with Win7 on patch .0, .1, .2, then upgraded os to Win10 -> issue still here with .3, .4 and the current .5)
- CPU: i7-3770K (3.50 GHz)
- GPU: GTX680 (-> might be my main issue?)
- RAM: 32GB

Edit: Each time i checked the performance settings if it uses the right gpu and if the settings are still all on very low, tested with a complete new campaign on the respective game version, checked if the (gpu, nvidia) drivers are updated and closed everything else running on my system (even windows defender and the antivirus software).

Last edited:
Maybe thats a more fitting description of my problem. Seems to be the same problem that I'm facing right now.
Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.; Z370M D3H-CF
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB

Since 1.0.5 the game has been pretty much unplayable for me. I'll crash every 5-10 minutes. Before 1.0.5, I crashed once, maybe twice through 45 hours of gameplay.

Processor: I9-9900k @ 3.6 GHz
RTX 2080
32 GB Ram.

Same complete system crash here as well.
Processor: i7-9750H @ 2.59 GHz
RTX 2070 Mobile
24 GB Ram

It's happened twice now, the entire computer becomes unresponsive. I can't even alt+tab, and then just resets.

I've looked at the system viewer, and it just describes Windows Kernel Power (Event ID: 41, task 63), but is normally associated with a high power draw on a faulty PSU. This never happens on this computer, and I use it for synthesizing FPGA bitstreams using all resources. And never happened until the 1.0.5 update.

Hi all,

Please be assured that none of the threads goes unnoticed or ignored. We and the developers are all aware of the crash-related issues and this includes all types (launcher, white screen, mid-game, CTDs, quest related, all of them). If you look here, you will see that some of the crash-related issues are already fixed. We constantly monitor the crash issues on here and constantly direct them to the developers, and these issues are not ignored. If your questions are not being answered, it isn't because we ignore them, it is because of the huge workloads each of us has our share of due to the early access release. The "Known Issues" and "Fixed Issues & Crashes" topics will be constantly updated for you guys, and in the meantime, we all do our best to answer all of the threads.

Hi, are you still having the same problem after the latest patches? If yes, can you share your save files? You can use a cloud service and post an open link on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom