Swords or Bayonets?

Sword or bayonet?

• Sword.

Votes: 284 48.6%
  • Bayonet.

Votes: 300 51.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Though im decent in melee with both weapons, i honestly prefer the bayonet/musket.
Deals a lot of damage, decent reach, anti-cavalry and can also be switched to firing mode  :grin:

Bayonets will a 3 vote lead... Come on swordsmen! Get your A into G!  :razz:

(For those who don't know, A into G is ass into gear)

I reckon this has gone pretty well, Soult if you see this tell Hikky and the rest of ANH to vote.

I prefer the bayonet, really. Nothing like that awesome moment an officer is charging you, with his sword in a prepared swing. And you just know...You are going to win...  :twisted:

The most epic situation is when you block a sideswing of a swordcarrier, then take a step back and stab him dead. Sharpe style!

rejenorst said:
GoblinOverlord said:
:shock: Wow.... are you writing poems on request? please?  :?:

Haha .

When inspiration beckons thus,
Poor Rejen's pen shall fret and fuss,
But to answer thee, and thus confide,
The man's a tad preoccupied,
His worthy talents he would spare,
For a  coin-or-two, here-and-there,
Credited to his Paypal,
The requested poem, write, he shall.

:razz:

Cool, I'll think of a subject.  :mrgreen:

Sword because horseback.

I'm only so-so with a bayonet but do about as well with it on foot as with my sword, simply because you get kills quicker and can survive in crowds longer. So close vote.

Whenever I face a strong player in a 1 on 1 melee I switch to a sword but I prefer the bayonet when fighting against a group.

Plain ol' sword.
I can use it on horseback, there are more ways to attack which can throw a bayonet user off if you get very close to them, and then there's plain ol' style.

If my back's against the wall though, I suppose I'd have to take a bayonet, they have their advantages and a good fighter armed with a bayonet can put a swordsman down easily enough.

Well, in a line battle most don't have much of a choice do we ?  :mrgreen:

When in pub, whatever comes to hand. Bayonet especially.

I do love swords but the cavalry swords are much better then officer swords for reach and damage 
And I would love a sword weilding infantry unit

However I am going to say bayonet as I've always been good with pole arms in mount and blade mp
And its practicalty, I can defend from cav and inf, also it has superior range and damage so I find its better at killing people, massive drawback of only having 2 attacks though :/ shame you can't get a really long thrust only sword like the polish konzertz sabre, a estoc or a p1908 sword :grin: that would kill for me

A sword.
0,001% of the reason being that I'm better with it.
And 99,999% because it just looks so much cooler.

Then again, that comes from the person who uses Apprentice Robes of Destruction and a One-handed sword and nothing else in Skyrim through the whole playthrough.

Went 24-4 in a linebattle with a bayonet, could never do anything like that with a sword. But thats just me.

Xeroth said:
Went 24-4 in a linebattle with a bayonet, could never do anything like that with a sword. But thats just me.

With a horse and a sword (especially a sabre.. But that's a sword too) it is no longer a problem... I vote for swords :cool:

Sword: Gives you more options in attack which sends a lot of people off guard, however sometimes it can take a couple of swipes or more to get a kill.

Bayonet: Much more predictable, but generally a stab will do the job.

Overall, I prefer the bayonet, there has been occasions when Iv been fighting groups that a sword has been handy though, mainly because you can be more unpredictable and put your attackers on the back-foot more easily.

from my reenacting i would say the bayonet because it is easier to outmaneuver an enemy with it,,,except for the fact the with the bayonet attcht to my musket it feels like it has double in weight :sad:

Back
Top Bottom