Sweetim

Users who are viewing this thread

So I recently downloaded a file that seems to have included a program named 'Sweetim'. It went out messing up my stuff (namely browsers and MSN) and it is seems impossible to delete Sweetim from my computer.
Warning signals were sounding. A quick search later on Google tells me that this is some sort of malware. The only hint as to removing this program from my computer was downloading another very suspicious program, which I am rather reluctant to do.

Anyone know anything about this program? Any help as to removing it would be much appreciated.
Thanks on beforehand.

Malwarebytes did not recognize the program as harmful. I guess it has to do with the legitimacy part.
Also, followed the instructions from the thread AK posted, but it didn't work. I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

Thanks for the help in any case guys.

Seriously? I doubt I even have the disc anymore...

Also, I got myself a tool that supposedly deletes locked items. Upon deleting SweetIM.exe it asks if I want to permantly delete the files, to which I say yes. Then it procedes with telling me that the deletion was succesful, but the files still exist.

UnholyNighmare said:
Malwarebytes did not recognize the program as harmful. I guess it has to do with the legitimacy part.
Also, followed the instructions from the thread AK posted, but it didn't work. I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

Thanks for the help in any case guys.
Which step failed? Did you do it in safe mode?
UnholyNighmare said:
Seriously? I doubt I even have the disc anymore...

Also, I got myself a tool that supposedly deletes locked items. Upon deleting SweetIM.exe it asks if I want to permantly delete the files, to which I say yes. Then it procedes with telling me that the deletion was succesful, but the files still exist.
You need to stop the process from running first. I imagine you didn't start in safe mode.

Back
Top Bottom