Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adorno said:
Highlander made various animals for his hunting feature in Age of Machinery mod. But I don't know if they are mountable, so to speak.

:smile:

Yeh, the mounts aren't hard to make. Just need some models and we need to rig them...

oh, you should make libraries or something in all the cities, in which, if you have enough intelligence, you can read scrolls, that will lead you to the other items.

Elenmmare said:
Adorno said:
Highlander made various animals for his hunting feature in Age of Machinery mod. But I don't know if they are mountable, so to speak.

:smile:

Yeh, the mounts aren't hard to make. Just need some models and we need to rig them...

Will you guys implement new mounts :razz: ? Like some type of 2 legged creature or 3 or maybe 4 :razz:  ?For example a RYNOCHER.....when you fight the PLEAGUED ones (let's say one of their lords) you see them walking in line and their leader in front on a rynocher instead on foot ...or something like that.

off topic (I was also amazed by my allied once) WE spawned , behind us there was a HILL where you could get on , on right and left side.THEY ALL FALL back on IT and halt and ruined the enemy with arrows.That's what i call smart NPC :smile:

elenmmare... i would like u to expand the crusader's hierarchy to include things such as battle priest (foot soldiers) and stuff like that... put them in different parties of cox... like separate parties for different troops... i tell u more once i get their models done....

i juz thought of a unique mount idea... search for nightmare as in the horse nightmare

any idea how flames are animated in the game??

I've came up with this idea in me and huskarl's thread, but ill post it here to :razz:

4 staffs of the elements (started at 2, but a guy at the thread reminded me at two more)

- The staff of fire
- The staff of earth
- The staff of Ice
- The staff of wind
- (the staff of water)(?)

Made the ice one, will try making some more sharpened, "crystallized" details.

Staffofice-1.jpg

I just figured out that ur not able to holde that staff :razz: Ill fix it tommorow, Just made the Wind staff head. hope u like

And yeah, Elen u shall try figure aout how to animate flame things, fould be awesome a flame staff, an forxmple to make the staff shoot fire :grin: like the guns do in starwars mod... im tired. sorry fro bad engese,

Staffoffwind.jpg

Excellent. I'll add on particle effects for it. Man, those look great.

Hmm... Shooty Staffs? Sweet. You could probably just make them modified crossbows and alter the arrow so it looks... Sparkly and magical. I'm not familiar with the modding systems, so I don't know if that would work, but it seems logical.

Kojiro Sasaki said:
Hmm... Shooty Staffs? Sweet. You could probably just make them modified crossbows and alter the arrow so it looks... Sparkly and magical. I'm not familiar with the modding systems, so I don't know if that would work, but it seems logical.

Yes, it would make sense, but it's a bit too fantasy-ish for me. They'll mainly be used as melee weapons that give stat bonuses.

Ah, so you're going the ye olde Fantasy Mod route of realistic fantasy? Respectable, nice to see some restraint instead of going, 'SHOOTY SHOOTY BURNY!!'

:cry: i liked the idea of shooty shooty

well, the staff would be the same as any other weapon in the game if it had no shooty shooty, i mean, even just the crossbow idea would make it a very normal weapon. If only you would use people's scripts... oh well, nevermind. Though it would make sense if say, the dread sovereign or magicians would use it.

Why.so.seriousa? said:
:cry: i liked the idea of shooty shooty

well, the staff would be the same as any other weapon in the game if it had no shooty shooty, i mean, even just the crossbow idea would make it a very normal weapon. If only you would use people's scripts... oh well, nevermind. Though it would make sense if say, the dread sovereign or magicians would use it.

It really depends. If I could get a very smooth, "powering-up" effect with nice effects, I'd add it. As is it, most of M&B's magic scripts are instant-click and flames.

Seeing as by what I've been reading this next version is going to be teh Feron edition, I was thinking about the 'what faction to do next' thing. I propose a vote, after the Feron edition's released. It would be a way for your fanbase to have a say in what direction this mod will take at each juncture. Just a suggestion, if you already have a preplanned path in mind, have at it.

Kardio has actually already Edit: chosen Edit Illoriaon, I believe. As it is, every faction will have been expanded; the Feron just needed the most work.

Edit: Oops, I a whole word  :smile:!

i was thinking for some time now... and as always i come to same conclusion. skill leadership. in the end if u max it you get like what... 50-100 men(depends on mod) extra in your army. even if you get 30 in strenght and 30 in agility you will never be better than 50-100 troops, hence you always have to get your charisma to 30 and lose precious points. why not just max the leadership to a set amount, or compleatly remove it, then tweak renown for better inflow of how many troops you may command. if you wish to be a hardened warrior you will have to sacrifice your army, basicaly becoming pretty much weak against anyone. and if you wish to command a suitable amount of soldiers you wont be the hardened warrior you always wanned to be. realy removes the fun of becoming someone.

adila said:
i was thinking for some time now... and as always i come to same conclusion. skill leadership. in the end if u max it you get like what... 50-100 men(depends on mod) extra in your army. even if you get 30 in strenght and 30 in agility you will never be better than 50-100 troops, hence you always have to get your charisma to 30 and lose precious points. why not just max the leadership to a set amount, or compleatly remove it, then tweak renown for better inflow of how many troops you may command. if you wish to be a hardened warrior you will have to sacrifice your army, basicaly becoming pretty much weak against anyone. and if you wish to command a suitable amount of soldiers you wont be the hardened warrior you always wanned to be. realy removes the fun of becoming someone.

Artifacts will help circumvent this issue.  The next release won't have many, but there will be more to come.  The way they will do so is by adding a set amount of leadership to your character either when in your inventory or when equipped.  Not all artifacts will add to leadership, but some certainly will.  For instance, the Blighted Plague are based on having large armies, so doing their quests and getting their artifacts will increase your leadership score.

Certain factions will have more/better artifacts available as they are designed to have larger armies.  Other factions will have stronger troops but less quantity. 

You will not have to be a weakling to be a suitable commander, which is a big part of why the artifacts have been introduced.  For instance, a weapon reward for the Blighted Plague could provide +3 powerstrike and +3 leadership to your character, which equates to +24% damage, on top of the artifacts higher then average base damage.  That is only an example, at this point I've not worked on all of the factions artifact rewards yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom