Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something unusual said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned before but since one of the main features of diplomacy is sending out recruiters to recruit units, why don't you just put that in? The diplomacy for factions and  stuff like that isn't really that important for some people (me included) and mods like POP don't have it but instead have their own recruiting system. I don't think it would be too hard to make an advisor NPC and make him have a dialog option to recruit units. An alternative is to take a look at Native Expansion's Source (it's open source but need to credit) as they have a different way of doing things (3 advisors as well but not exactly like diplomacy). That might be compatible where Diplomacy isn't.

+1, nuff said.

Something unusual said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned before but since one of the main features of diplomacy is sending out recruiters to recruit units, why don't you just put that in? The diplomacy for factions and  stuff like that isn't really that important for some people (me included) and mods like POP don't have it but instead have their own recruiting system. I don't think it would be too hard to make an advisor NPC and make him have a dialog option to recruit units. An alternative is to take a look at Native Expansion's Source (it's open source but need to credit) as they have a different way of doing things (3 advisors as well but not exactly like diplomacy). That might be compatible where Diplomacy isn't.

PoP don't have diplomacy, but have useful options of kingdom management like choice of kingdom nation, change kingdom color (no more red color of your faction :grin:), sending emissary, recruit mercenary's party at minister, and other like recruit villagers, set tournament, give a feast and etc. at seneschal. I think PoP system is better than Diplomacy, if Guspav does his own management/diplomacy system it should be also better and more harmonized to the fantasy world.

I have a suggestion to add more city/castle/village buildings, advanced construction system in PoP is probably the best I've seen.

There are plenty of mods with more structures and multifunctional management systems. I think first of all, add more villages. Some town does not have villages, and I feel like you should open the desert in the back of Khergit land to use. The one that was closed by large rocks near Asugan castle.

habeo123 said:
There are plenty of mods with more structures and multifunctional management systems. I think first of all, add more villages. Some town does not have villages, and I feel like you should open the desert in the back of Khergit land to use. The one that was closed by large rocks near Asugan castle.

+1, I would add also more castles and towns to the vanilla and fantasy factions. There should be more of new factions lords, some of them assigned to villages + all fantasy lords with much smaller than now armies to balance them to native factions = reinforcements would no longer be needed.

MasterChaosis said:
habeo123 said:

+1, I would add also more castles and towns to the vanilla and fantasy factions. There should be more of new factions lords, some of them assigned to villages + all fantasy lords with much smaller than now armies to balance them to native factions = reinforcements would no longer be needed.
I'm currently working on making a new map, after it's completed we will be able to start adding new towns/castles/villages to the new factions and balance the army sizes.

In which aspects are bows/crossbows are OP?
As far as i see them, their only real advantage (over e.g. magic) is being able to hit enemies onover quite some distance. And in my games that doesn't seem to be too much of an advantage. Then again i might be overseeing something, why bows and crossbows might be OP.

99% of accuracy for all bows and crossbows is too much im my opinion. It makes forest bandits the same masters of bow as elven hawkeyes, if we are talking about accuracy :wink:

MasterChaosis said:
99% of accuracy for all bows and crossbows is too much im my opinion. It
makes forest bandits the same masters of bow as elven hawkeyes, if we
are talking about accuracy :wink:

Yeah... I got shot multiple timea straight in the face by forest bandits from a pretty big range.

I think too that bow/Xbow accuracy should be decrased

Ans Id have a few suggestions:

1) First, I think a new map is very needed. The map is already very cramped. Elves are spread randomly across the middle and dwarves are squashed in a strip behind the nord mohntains.
The mage faction looks like its been dropped the from nowhere.
And you wanna add a demon faction with a portal? You need a new map. Ill try to make one. Could anyone suggest any mapmaking peograms?

2) Adding submods: mods like Pre-batte Orders&Deployment, auto-sell/equip for companios, minor diplomacy mods... Would greatly improve gameplay. New foemations are very needed IMO cuz theres a lot of troop kinds now (flankers, clerics, mages...) so strategy is essential

3) Adding beasts: Idk how it would be possible but assing some kind of unique beasts (Minotaur, Hydra, Dragon...) in specific locations with special loots and stuff would give the mod a better fanstasy rpg feel.

Xzayler said:
Ans Id have a few suggestions:

1) First, I think a new map is very needed. The map is already very cramped. Elves are spread randomly across the middle and dwarves are squashed in a strip behind the nord mohntains.
The mage faction looks like its been dropped the from nowhere.
And you wanna add a demon faction with a portal? You need a new map. Ill try to make one. Could anyone suggest any mapmaking peograms?

New map is in development :smile:

PS Try to write all in one post and add new things by editing post option, moderators don't like multiposts :wink:

EDIT Some suggestions

Strange mercenary could be renamed to Ronin (masterless samurai). Some time ago I was talking about Sea Faction (of course if you do sea travel system), I think faction inspirated by days of shogunate and japan mythology would perfectly fit to that, e.g. they lords could ride on some type of lizard/dragon (of course not big winged dragon from Europe :wink: ).

There should be more horses and other mounts like camels (One of Sarranids elite troops [not Immortals] could use camels, like Sultan Adjutant (just example name) or/and not elite Camel Archer as path of evolution for Sarranid Archer )

Also if we are talking about sea - there could be sea caravans working same as land ones, only difference is they will travel by sea, that would also give a job for corsairs :wink:

[quote
author=MasterChaosis
link=topic=276393.msg6820928#msg6820928 date=1379792948]
New map is in development :smile:

PS Try to write all in one post and add new things by editing post
option, moderators don't like multiposts :wink:
[/quote]

I know Chaosis :sad:
But Im on my phone and for some reason I cant post stuff al at once. I
had to rewrite my ideas 4 times. N it only worked one by one. I think
its cuz the connection times out after a while.

Actually though, Editing might work. Thnx for the idea.

Xzayler, regarding the new map, I have been "working" on it for quite a while, but due to extremely busy scheduale and my current (unexpected) vacation which will cramp things up for me even more, i'm getting little to no work done on it :sad: So basically if you can do a great map and show it to us then i'll happily throw away the tiny bits of scraps that I currently call "new map" and use yours :smile:
So if you give it a try I suggest you use Thorgrim's Map editor, and Lumos's Thorgrim Map editor porter to warband (it just literally ports it to work with warband instead of regular M&B) though I don't remember it's exact name.
Also, accuracy will be looked in to, I thought it was strange myself when I first join the team.
And chaosis, I do like that idea of giving the strange mercenaries a new faction of their own, I actually happened to have stumbled across a pretty good looking samurai clothing set and guspav agreed we'd turn it into an upgrade from the regular strange mercenaries, so why not make a faction out of it? :razz: (i'll check with guspav) and i'll also ask about calling them "ronin" instead

EDIT: Regarding the demons, I have already pretty much finished the demon invasion, everything is in place and I'll just need a couple of days to finish up the quest dialog-lines after getting back from vacation, so you can expect it to be ready by the next patch :wink:

Ok
guys. I have the basic layout on
paper.
Its in overall familiar to the original calradia (sea to the left, open
to the right) to not make it look too weird. But a lot of new places
need to be made.

I read bout demons and the idea of a portal that has to be triggered. So
Demons arent gonna have a starting region right at the beginning. I
think of the blazing hand order and the elves as protectors against
evil. So I put the Order far north, next to the elves but close to the
where the demon spawner will open. The order was founded to keep the
evil at bay, specially demons, so than they built fortresses to prepare
for the invasion. It qould be cool to make it so certain factions never
go to war together or never ally. Like the Order and Elves would never
fight and the Drows and Elves would never ally. Its logical.

And Id like to put the wizards on an island or peninsula. Cuz I see them
more of a guild that the player can help, rather than a faction that
wants land and would go to war.

Oh and, should there be something special in the middle of the map?

PS: Is there a way of adding a new kind of landscape like swamp/marsh?
I'd add them for the drows and maybe necros. but someone else could
quickly  edit the map once I finish.

The thing is that I'm gonna start just now and cuz I'm on a mac I'm not
even sure if the map editing tool's gonna work or not. Lets hope

ehmmmm.... you forgot to mention I need normal M&B too... which I
don't currently have :cry: . Dammit. Also, a little tutorial would
be nice.

The mb 1.011 setup file doesnt wanna downlad properly(Zero bytes) gonna try tomorrow. Sry :sad:

I do not see anything strange in the war between Elves and Order, and I know many universes where mages are as factions as other kingdoms e.g. Silver Cities in Ashan (HoMM5), so limiting their role would be wrong move.

About demon invasion - demons groups should appear everywhere in the Calradia and nobody could know where the portal/s will open.

It would be best if you introduce your ideas to Guspav, and he approve ones that he likes.

Theres a thread called "Needs A newmap" I think we should talk bout maps there :smile: and stop gojng off-topic here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom