SUGGESTIONS

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear devs, please put back 1-2 native shields to the game, so that a player has the ability to use a shield which has his own coat of arms on it.

It is not possible to loot the generic native yellow/black or red/black (which can be repainted to your own CoA) shields anymore, so that the character uses wrong heraldry along the game.

I seem to find them in the store now and they are the same as the round shield but size 130 instead of 140 otherwise the same.

EDIT:
Make the upgrade of the troops roughly equivalent to the cost of actually outfitting the soldier with whatever equipment they are getting so mail/shield/axe/javelins =7000 or so.
A mounted armored solider =10000 or so. 

As long as the AI has to pay the same cost this will result in very few heavily armored soldiers ... and they will be so precious you never want to lose them!

Re-balance the current armies to reflect very few heavily armored troops so we don't end up having to fight 100 heavily armored troops with our light forces.

dutch81 said:
I seem to find them in the store now and they are the same as the round shield but size 130 instead of 140 otherwise the same.

EDIT:
Make the upgrade of the troops roughly equivalent to the cost of actually outfitting the soldier with whatever equipment they are getting so mail/shield/axe/javelins =7000 or so.

As long as the AI has to pay the same cost this will result in very few heavily armored soldiers ... and they will be so precious you never want to lose them!

Re-balance the current armies to reflect very few heavily armored troops so we don't end up having to fight 100 heavily armored troops with our light forces.

that doesn't take into account looting, which is highly undervalued in the game ^^

Good point ... and you are right it certainly doesn't seem to give me much of the loot even with level 4 looting.  I was just thinking out loud for a way to see less armored troops for the AI as well as the player.

Is it just me or is the notion of anyone not with power leading men a bit crazy for this setting? I'm sure (I think) that anyone who did not have wealth, influence, 'nobility', etc did not lead standing armies or even mercenary ones. I wished all that could be tweaked but alas.

Anyway, I was wondering would it be possible to attach yourself to a lords army? It would be kind of like when you get taken prisoner. You won't be able to move on your on (You go where your lord goes) and then when he enters a fight you would be fighting as one of his soldiers. Of course you would need to have something scripted so you could leave it any time you wanted. Still, I think this would be an awesome feature to have.

Pundragon said:
Is it just me or is the notion of anyone not with power leading men a bit crazy for this setting? I'm sure (I think) that anyone who did have wealth, influence, 'nobility', etc did not lead standing armies or even mercenary ones. I wished all that could be tweaked but alas.

Anyway, I was wondering would it be possible to attach yourself to a lords army? It would be kind of like when you get taken prisoner. You won't be able to move on your on (You go where your lord goes) and then when he enters a fight you would be fighting as one of his soldiers. Of course you would need to have something scripted so you could leave it any time you wanted. Still, I think this would be an awesome feature to have.

I think this is a Vanilla problem as well. I always found it odd, but hey, I think you can get someone to follow you if you paid em enough.

Pundragon said:
Is it just me or is the notion of anyone not with power leading men a bit crazy for this setting? I'm sure (I think) that anyone who did not have wealth, influence, 'nobility', etc did not lead standing armies or even mercenary ones. I wished all that could be tweaked but alas.

Yea, that would be really cool. It would also make the starting levels a lot easier, where you can act a a general's bodyguard before actually becoming a lord yourself.

dutch81 said:

7000 for a soldier? I mean 6 weeks of profit from a manufactury for 1 (!) soldier?

I think simply lowering the probability for them to get mail armor would be enough...

I don't know if this has been suggested before. Lost track of what had and hadn't been in the forty-five pages that this thread is.

Is it possible to add looted items from villages to NPC lords parties? The utility of this is that when intercepting an enemy raiding your fief or having just raided your fief, you can fight him and hopefully recover some of the looted items. Combined with a feature to "return to villagers" it would be pretty awesome. Effect would be to lessen the damage done by that raid, speeding recovery from "looted" state.

OK another thought is it possible to have lords under you when not a king yet ... I like playing as a lord to a king but with time I have a few cities and castles and other fiefs why should I not have some lesser nobility that serves me directly and my king indirectly?  Not sure if this is possible within the game mechanics but it would be a neat feature I think if it was possible.

Shikaka I like that thought as well ... lowering the probability of having mail armor but then I don't know what I am paying for exactly.

Is it possible to script it where players can gain exp from trading or doing other non combat related tasks? It would give players a break from having to grind combat just to level. I know you can get jobs from guild heads in towns that may give you a cargo transport job for money and exp, but I'm talking about regular player trading, etc.

Pundragon said:
Is it possible to script it where players can gain exp from trading or doing other non combat related tasks? It would give players a break from having to grind combat just to level. I know you can get jobs from guild heads in towns that may give you a cargo transport job for money and exp, but I'm talking about regular player trading, etc.

Well, that would be a tad ridiculous - getting more experience for selling the stuff that you took off of a dead guy? In theory it's a decent idea, but you'd still have to combat grind in order to get the loot to sell and get more EXP.  :neutral:

Knave24 said:
Pundragon said:

Well, that would be a tad ridiculous - getting more experience for selling the stuff that you took off of a dead guy? In theory it's a decent idea, but you'd still have to combat grind in order to get the loot to sell and get more EXP.  :neutral:

Well I meant as in actually trading goods. Wool, Velvet, Hides, Tools, etc. It wouldn't have to be a big boost but a way to gain a little exp not related to fighting. But yeah, may be a bit of a silly suggestion.

I'd rather like to see more uniqe NPC's, that does not necessarily offer any items or quests, but rather just work as background characters. For example merchants from Burgundy, the Eastern Roman Empire, the Visigoth Kingdom, the Lombards, Britanny etc. They could possibly just tell you a bit about the current events in those kingdoms at the time of the game.

Also, I'd love to see more variation between the different weapons in the game. Maybe one or two more two-handed axe models, etc? And maybe some exotic armors/tunics from the more civilized portions of the world (read Italy and Middle-East). Would obviously have to be very rare.

Also, more background characters in the taverns? Like a generic tavern guest that just responds with like... "go away" or something like that when you try and talk to him, just something to make the taverns seem more populated. Same thing with the lord's halls, just like some generic servant NPC that's just there to make it seem less empty and more like a living world.

And maybe more quests? Don't quite know if it's possible, but what about a "Penda of Mercia asks that you improve your standing with Licidfelth to at least 10". Something like that. Or: Penda of Mercia has asked that you bring him 10 roasted pigs for his upcomming feast".

You get the idea.

Cozur said:
I'd rather like to see more uniqe NPC's, that does not necessarily offer any items or quests, but rather just work as background characters. For example merchants from Burgundy, the Eastern Roman Empire, the Visigoth Kingdom, the Lombards, Britanny etc. They could possibly just tell you a bit about the current events in those kingdoms at the time of the game.

Also, I'd love to see more variation between the different weapons in the game. Maybe one or two more two-handed axe models, etc? And maybe some exotic armors/tunics from the more civilized portions of the world (read Italy and Middle-East). Would obviously have to be very rare.

Also, more background characters in the taverns? Like a generic tavern guest that just responds with like... "go away" or something like that when you try and talk to him, just something to make the taverns seem more populated. Same thing with the lord's halls, just like some generic servant NPC that's just there to make it seem less empty and more like a living world.

And maybe more quests? Don't quite know if it's possible, but what about a "Penda of Mercia asks that you improve your standing with Licidfelth to at least 10". Something like that. Or: Penda of Mercia has asked that you bring him 10 roasted pigs for his upcomming feast".

You get the idea.

+1

I'd like to once again voice my thoughts that AI party size should be restricted. During peace times lords gain a good many troops. Ceredigion for example only has a ruler and one vassal yet as they have yet to fight in one of my games, the ruler has almost 600 troops while his vassal has close to 400. A 1000 man army is way too much/big for a two lord faction with only one town and three villages. Just my opinion though.

Maybe during peace time there is some sort of normalization that balances things out? Just a thought.

Also I would like to see more diversity in the troop tree for factions. Maybe some re-balancing as well. Seems most units have the same stats but different names/slightly different equipment. Also why do elite infantry have a 9 in riding skill?  :neutral:

I'd also like a more elaborate troop recruiting/training set up. Villages are okay to recruit the basic units but to get mid/top tiered maybe they should have to go to a castle? And I would love to option to choose to hire recruits one at a time instead of all or nothing.

In my opinion, should cost you money each week for to upkeep/maintain. If you let it go for so long then the defense should get lowered. This could be reflected by having another ladder or so added to siege scenes or something or it could just be statistical.

Equipment should gives bonuses to speed, attack, defense, etc based on their quality. The worse shape it is in the lower it will perform while the better it is the more of a bonus you get.

I have seen in some mods where you get an experience bonus with each kill based on your intelligence ... that might be nice and give some advantage to less combat inclined people because they wouldn't have to kill so many personally.

As far as the equipment is concerned maybe if the word in front could be given more relevance for example a chipped sword would do less damage and be slower ... a balanced sword would give you a substantial boost in terms of speed over a regular sword ... a tempered sword would be less prone to breakage ... a crude sword slower and less damaging ... etc etc

dutch81 said:
As far as the equipment is concerned maybe if the word in front could be given more relevance for example a chipped sword would do less damage and be slower ... a balanced sword would give you a substantial boost in terms of speed over a regular sword ... a tempered sword would be less prone to breakage ... a crude sword slower and less damaging ... etc etc

+1.

Chipped swords should be prone to breakage or becoming blunt (perhaps by the same mechanism, if available in the game code, that causes a "spirited" horse to become lame after being maimed in battle) faster than other swords. Because iron is much softer than steel, weapons should become blunt fairly quickly. We should have some means of re-sharpening them, perhaps for cost at a weaponsmith, who would certainly have a honing wheel and other sharpening equipment.

AKM said:
dutch81 said:

+1.

Chipped swords should be prone to breakage or becoming blunt (perhaps by the same mechanism, if available in the game code, that causes a "spirited" horse to become lame after being maimed in battle) faster than other swords. Because iron is much softer than steel, weapons should become blunt fairly quickly. We should have some means of re-sharpening them, perhaps for cost at a weaponsmith, who would certainly have a honing wheel and other sharpening equipment.

Yea, I think they had something like that in FPW mod, where your shield could break, swords would break, and you'd have to go into town and get 'em fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom