Suggestions (faction specific suggestions in faction specific threads please)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
got following situation...
we are in the middle of a war, the marshal sits in one of his castles for days because he got only 30 men ish...almost the entire army is waiting outside the castle for their marshal, but he wont move.

is there any way to persuade the king to replace the marshal? when ever i ask the marshal to go some where he tells me that he must attend to other business first.

so long!

johncage said:
outdoor scene:
tbhx.jpg
The leather shoes worn by Johncage's Teutonic Veteran Archers in above pic would be perfect as standard footwear for all European factions in the mod, replacing the pointy ones that are currently used.

There isn't a faction for my suggestion as it hasn't been made, however I'd like to see some factions made up in the Russian area. They'd resemble the Vegir troops from native equipment wise in terms of using furs/leathers for armors and such. Then some more African tribes/factions. They would have little to no armor on, but be very skilled with polearms and throwing weapons.

Would it be possible to add Looting (sacking) for Towns? Like sacking constantinople after defeating its garrison and getting lots of cash

OldGreyBeard said:
kuauik said:
i think that knighting ceremony will be great,if king or high lord can make you a knight

+1, but the best one I know of, from "Kingdom of Heaven", has the noble (Liam Neeson) barely able to stand. ... but who cares? It's awesome. I wonder if othr could squeeze it in under "fair use" because he's not selling this mod?  :???:

Othr:

Am I correct the 1 - 5 fps in the full map is in no small part due to the huge number of "homeless" lords milling about waiting on their fiefs to be on the map?

I don't expect to have really snappy performance, as my hardware is not even dual core, but some improvement would be nice to look forward to.

DON'T remove factions! This is just too sweet.  :mrgreen:

I'm on a Dual Core, with a great graphics card and 2GB of RAM and can run most new games on medium-high or high settings.  Since the update, this mod still chugs like a steam train for me for some reason.  There has to be some way to optimize on the mod-side of things, possibly by streamlining the number of settlements/nobles/factions down to the -absolutely necessary- not the uncompromisingly grandiose. :wink:

Or even better (and more perilous) split the mod up into two more portable mods (Europe and The Crusades)  This would not only allow for a greatly improved detail on both maps, and still allow you to play across regions (through Import Character feature) but cut down on the total number of factions, objects and nobles in the games.  Also, it would reduce stupid incidents of ahistoricism like the Roman Empire of Nicea recapturing Edinburgh from the Mongols during their bloody war for supremacy.

The FPS drop is caused by triggers that calculate faction and lord AI.  Now if you're getting 5 fps when those scripts are not running and you're not using the CTRL-T cheat to see all units on the map then I'm really not sure.

If you have 2GB of ram like the guy with the GREAT video card, I could see that as a problem as well.

othr said:
The FPS drop is caused by triggers that calculate faction and lord AI.  Now if you're getting 5 fps when those scripts are not running and you're not using the CTRL-T cheat to see all units on the map then I'm really not sure.

If you have 2GB of ram like the guy with the GREAT video card, I could see that as a problem as well.

I have a decent card and 4 gigs of ram and its runs fine however theres still, as i said, 4 second lag times when the faction relations appear. It really needs to be changed to faction relations which effect your kingdom. 25 factions declaring war/trucing/trade/non-agress + crusades is a fair amount of wait time during a several day period in the game.

Silver Knight said:
othr said:

I have a decent card and 4 gigs of ram and its runs fine however theres still, as i said, 4 second lag times when the faction relations appear. It really needs to be changed to faction relations which effect your kingdom. 25 factions declaring war/trucing/trade/non-agress + crusades is a fair amount of wait time during a several day period in the game.

The problem with that is, it doesn't matter if you see them or not those other faction things need to happen in order for the rest of the game to go about their business as well. So theres no way to just disable them and still have the game work. I've asked over in the diplomacy board if there is a way to increase the time interval between when those checks were made and such. For example, if two factions go to war then theres a 60 day time limit in place before they can get a check for peace/treaty. Things of that nature. There would still be the lag spikes occasionally, but overall it would be playable.

Unlike you, Silver Knight, I am very interested in knowing the changing politics of the world, not only that which affect my faction; it is part of what makes the game world seem dynamic and alive.

Given the MUCH larger number of towns, I'd strongly recommend implementing the camp menu option to select companions (I've seen this in a mod before can't remember name - may have been for M&B original).  The odds of encountering them in traveling from town to town is greatly reduced and for those - like myself - who like to start with a core retinue of companions, it now entails a lengthy hop from town to town (via instant travel cheat) to find them.

Great mod (though I'm still plagued with crash-on-save bug (which I'll be reporting in appropriate thread).

For a moment I'll wear again the clothes of a common player and forget my actual modder status (damn you Othr!!!)  :cool:

And I have only 1 suggestion: FORMATIONS!

This mod is becoming very original and could also become "innovative". Don't forget that gameplay comes first of all ( "all" = the cosmetics)
And a mod should bring new gameplay features.

Well FORMATIONS and AI improvements will be apreciated.
Bye!

PS
Run to my thread for a variant of the elmet....  :cool:

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but it can't hurt to ask again. Can you please make it so that all of the fresh recruits don't wear the same apron? I mean did we go into the villages and recruit them right out of the kitchen? We have an army of men, not women! :grin: No but really, perhaps a bit of diversity in the armor they can spawn with. It can all have the same stats, just going for an eye candy pleasing type of thing.

Just downloaded and played an hour of 0.95pre7, here is my feedback:

Basically I really think that it would be worth Taleworlds actively promoting this mod and fixing/improving Warband as it could potentially be a major selling point.
-When creating a character and being asked 'whom will you serve' I was puzzled as to why only the banners were shown and not the actual names of the kingdoms. Some players like myself don't necessarily know the banner of each kingdom, making it hard to choose your preference.

-I read in the patch notes that you partially fixed stuttering. As soon as I started moving around the map stuttering was constant, breaking immersion. At some points it made it harder to evade large enemy armies on the world map, although this wasn't helped by the high movement speed, presumably set temporarily for development. I have a powerful system, quad core, 4gig ram, 1gig video card etc etc so really it needs to be fixed either by you or taleworlds but I'm sure this is a priority of yours already.

-I was pleased to find I could jump into large battles straight away as opposed to spending 30 minutes or so recruiting and making money, waiting for something to happen, a problem which annoyed me in earlier versions.

-Love the formations, and how my men straight away got into 3 lines, this in my opinion should be the main focus of development as enhancing the battles and AI will MAKE the mod. Already it is much funner than native.

-I think the new environment mod is an improvement, the darker colour palette is suitable for1257. However didn't like that in the goods market all the items were dull/grey, looked bad

-The 'battle won' message at the end of a battle looks tacky

-The menu screen is good, however its hard to see the titles of the mod and the game, looks bad

-I second 12ozJesus' post: Given the MUCH larger number of towns, I'd strongly recommend implementing the camp menu option to select companions (I've seen this in a mod before can't remember name - may have been for M&B original).  The odds of encountering them in traveling from town to town is greatly reduced and for those - like myself - who like to start with a core retinue of companions, it now entails a lengthy hop from town to town (via instant travel cheat) to find them.

-Didn't get the crash on save which stopped me from playing older versions, although reportedly others still are. Maybe I just didn't play for long enough. But in earlier versions I would save often, as you do, and crash in 5 to 10 minutes. I'll keep playing and post my feedback.

-Love the new textures, such a big variety in items makes a massive difference to the look of the game... keep up the good work kurunt and kuraik (is that how you spell it? cant be bothered checking.. hehe). They are gritty, and have depth which works well with the new dull colour palette.

Once again I'll play a bit more as an hour isn't nearly enough

about the weapon size, i think they're a little too big, proportion wise, in relation to the characters. were godenaks really that big? i think most of the weapons need to slightly shorter and thinner

Fantastic work, and superb attention to the details! It's very intricate and I can tell that a lot of time has been put in to this, and it truly shows.

I have only just started playing, but my first observation would be the price of the equipment, its all far too cheap and therefore far too easily attainable.
It would be nice if things were at least triple the price (or more), so that we could have items to save up for :grin:

Of course these expensive items should not be lootable, since we would just make too much money selling them. But like I said, I would really suggest increasing the cost of the goods; even triple the price could be quite cheap when one considers the armour value.

Perhaps also increase the cost of horses by x5 as well (and not make them lootable, due to how much we would make from selling them). Alternatively you could give horses an upkeep cost (included as part of the troop wage), but simply making the horses more expensive could be the easier solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom