Suggestions (faction specific suggestions in faction specific threads please)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use scenes from a film there is no copy right laws in place to stop you from doing that.

Copy right laws prevent you from copying other peoples work and selling it for your own gains.

Eg... you could recreate Alien using your own actors equipment and so on as long as you don't use the title Alien or an exact model of the Alien as that is right protected due to its symbolic nature also you can not use the names of any of the characters.

However copyright laws prevent the resale of the product as well as the product being used to advertise other products in this case the most they could do is ask for the mod to be removed from the public forum as the Moder is working for his own personal benefit as a none profit entity.

So if the Moder so wished he could recreate that scene down to the last detail as the person doing the knighting is not going to be Liam Neeson 

You're all assuming that Kingdom of Heaven depicted a historically accurate knight dubbing, which is not true. They just got the slap right, but not for the reason they say ("because you don't forget it" is not the reason, the real slap was "not to be turned back", so that they learnt humility).

Cèsar de Quart said:
You're all assuming that Kingdom of Heaven depicted a historically accurate knight dubbing, which is not true. They just got the slap right, but not for the reason they say ("because you don't forget it" is not the reason, the real slap was "not to be turned back", so that they learnt humility).

You could probably find footage of a real knighting ceremony somewhere it happens all the time in England.

The accolade of conferring knighthoods are different today than in the Middle-Ages, though some components are still retained. It was also not standardized.

It would be interesting, when you get your banner the cut scene could fire off.  I wonder how they did the wedding as I've never gotten married in Warband :razz:

I must say that I'm impressed with how far you've gotten, I'm especially glad to see that some of my bug reports and tips have been fixed and put in to the mod. Now that school's out I can continue to provide information about the Swedish faction. I can see that you don't have enough names for the Swedish lords, they are at least named Swedish Placeholder X to me. So, yeah, just wanted to tell you that I tried the mod again and I would be glad to further improve on it, thanks, it's great work you've done.  :grin:

I see that you have the Faroe Islands, could there be a chance to add Iceland? Because most of the Icelandic chieftans served the Norwegian king and watched over Iceland for him, just a suggestion.

If you are, the capital was.

"Þingvellir"

More unhistorical aketons seem to have been added ( the two in front ) :

inaccurateclothing.jpg

The Swedish lords you mean, Titan ? They should be in Old East Norse preferably, but try to talk to Kocken and Gule they might have come up with some names, and if they don't have the Old East Norse versions you could tell them how they would sound in Icelandic which is very close to Old West Norse.

It should be Lásbogamaður ingame aswell Titanshoe.
If its not, please fix it othr. :smile:

Im not sure that its feasible to expand the physical map as it is now.
Also Iceland didn't officially become norwegian until 1261 or 1262 i think.

Ive added Gizurr þorvaldsson as the only icelander in the game atm because he pretty much worked for the norwegian king and he was in norway at this time.

If you want to discuss names and translations and such feel free to continue that discussion in the scandinavian factions thread as this isn't really the place for it. :smile:

Bandits and warbands wander always in the same areas, the  problem is: If u are a vassal and u have an army with big wages to pay (commom scenario), u need enemies to kill, only sea raiders and the large warbands can sustain a good army, if u are not at war u need to be in Poland-Teuton-Lithuania-Sweden area. Solution (if possible) would be to make more warband like armies in other areas of the map, or make them wander a lot. Sea raiders and/or other bandits should have more hideouts and each hideout should have less bandit armies.

Deserters are almost always 10 and they are always the same unit. One time I found 45 spearman deserters, great loot but it looked unrealistic when comparing with the armies in the game.

The merc contract u can do with kings last 3 months and cant be canceled, lower it to 1month with 1month more option, this way when the kingdom goes into peace after 1 week of u being a vassal u dont have to wait forever to move on.

Great work

The lack of companions and able-vassles is kinda annoying, i remember another mod in m and b where you could create patrols using men you have and even turn those units into vassels and give them a name and all.

Also, intergrate custom commander mod.

Id like to see more hostile npc groups wanding around, like heritic groups consisting of 200 or so men which would be rather deadly for any minor lords wandering around. If you manage to wipe them out you should get relation status improvements with you and the papel states and the pope.

And Kingdom of Bohemia??  :twisted: :twisted: :idea: :twisted: :twisted:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Bohemia

A lot of Czech fans would be like if it did not forget.
For the complete Thank you very much ....

Archom.cz said:

It was never a sovereign nation. Existed under the HRE until 1806, then part of the Austrian Empire until WW1. Sorry, bud.

Kocken showed me this graphical enhancement mod yesterday and think it looks pretty good :

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,120098.0.html

Barihawk said:
Archom.cz said:

It was never a sovereign nation. Existed under the HRE until 1806, then part of the Austrian Empire until WW1. Sorry, bud.
:?: :?: :?: :?: OMG What? Czech kingdom was never a sovereign? what is this gibberish? Where does it say you're from? I'm from the Czech Republic and I know we were on it .. Czech Kingdom was sovereign. At least for you, you could read it on wikipedia if nothing else. It is as if you said that Japan has never been a sovereign that was součístí China ...
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom