[Suggestion] Better loadout for bots.

Users who are viewing this thread

TheMageLord

The Handyman Can
Knight at Arms
Some of the bots have a poor loadout or just don't use what they have.

Nord team is pretty bad. Nord archers carry 1 stack of arrows, a short bow, a two handed axe, and a sword. They should drop either the sword or the axe for an extra pack of arrows. They should probably get either better arrows or a longbow too, since shortbow + normal arrows = ineffective archers. Watching a line of Nord archers firing at Swadian crossbowmen was rather sad - the archers fired their entire quivers without killing anything, and they were hitting pretty often.
Nord infantry get a shield, 1 stack throwing weapons, a 1h axe, and a sword. They're still pretty badass, but getting rid of one of the extra melee weapons for some sort of longer weapon like a spear might be nice - although getting them to use them may require some improved AI. Either that or more throwing axes, since they go through their 4 pretty fast and don't do a whole lot with them even if you have them hold fire until the enemy gets near.
Nord cav get spear, javelin, two handed axe, Nordic sword, and shield - more than 4, but they seem to always have the javelins and shield and are horrible aim. I haven't used them enough to see if they're effective after they finish throwing the javs, but they have a bad habit of riding out up to someone and trying to throw a jav point blank while they get stabbed in the face.

Rhodok team's spearmen have pikes and spears and stuff in the list, but they never seem to use them. Every game we played with them they just used the sledgehammer and spike club/shield combo. Playing as them I noticed they sometimes had the ashwood pikes, but they never pulled them out. Going against cavalry they'd either use the club/shield or the big hammers if we told them to use blunt.

On the other hand, Swadian cav might be a bit too much vs the other factions. Their cav get hunters and mail with surcoats. Vaegir cav get saddle horses and crappy Arabian armor. Their infantry are a bit better armored too. Swadian cav swarm vs pretty much anything was tearing them up, even big wads of infantry. Vaegir cav swarm got slaughtered under similar circumstances.

What I'd like to see is bots of the same type using different equipment. Always along the same lines, but things like mismatched pieces of armor or, say, some nord archers carring swords and other ones carrying the axe, etc.

Tiberius said:
What I'd like to see is bots of the same type using different equipment. Always along the same lines, but things like mismatched pieces of armor or, say, some nord archers carring swords and other ones carrying the axe, etc.

I agree.  Also, all ranged cav (including Khergit horse archers) don't shoot unless dismounted.  You can press F5 to get them to use melee, but its a bug that needs fixing.

Also I might add that Vaegir horsemen never use their scimitar.

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
Tiberius said:

I agree.  Also, all ranged cav (including Khergit horse archers) don't shoot unless dismounted.  You can press F5 to get them to use melee, but its a bug that needs fixing.

Also I might add that Vaegir horsemen never use their scimitar.

Yeah, I noticed those 2 as well.

Back
Top Bottom