Suggested Guidelines for Behavior in Matches

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCGavin said:
captain lust said:
Most rules can be bypassed by people not being dicks.

Anyone who's a **** should just cease to be so and we can still have a fun, competitive tournament.

What about misunderstandings? Not every problem is due to some party being a "****". A lot of problems arise because the parties don't have the same understanding of what is right or wrong, of what should be done and should not be done.

All of which falls under "****", by my reckoning.

As Turanien said, we've not had any problems because we're all clear on what's expected and we're happy to take things in our stride. I'm certainly not suggesting we're the only ones, either. The French team deserve a mention for the positive attitude and overall good humour, which they brought to our match.

Everything went smoothly, we gave them a right whalloping (for history's sake) and I don't see why every match can't transpire in the same fashion, if no one is being a ****.

@cruger

Now you're turning the discussion again into something that should be discussed in DNI thread.

But the reason we had a sitover, was because ESP could only field 7 players, so I agreed to a 7vs7 which would be most fair, instead of a 8vs7. If you have a problem with this, I don't think your opinions matters much.

I believe I've done my job as captain good. At least we're not missing players every match or using substitudes from other countries.

Now I will do well for DNI as a captain. What I say on these forums, is not on behalf of the DNI. So what does it matter what people think of me, if I'm able to lead the team in a propper manner?

*Also, I actually contributed with a suggestion of guidelines in this thread. 

rule number 5 says you have to admit whatever you are acused of. So if the other team acuse your team for hacking all of you, you just have to accept the forfeit. You seriously think that's the best rule?

No, your shallow reading comprehension makes you believe that's what it means. What is intended by the guideline (not a rule, a guideline, there is indeed a difference) is that it works both ways. If I accuse your team if hacking, and you accuse my team of hacking, we both have these accusations floating around and nobody will look at us with as much respect as before, even if we both deny hacking. It won't matter what we say unless we can prove it one way or the other, so accusing without proof is futile. If you are accused of something, the best way to deal with it is to ignore it and move on, or prove the accusation is false with evidence. That's the point of #5.

Just to underscore what Cruger said and we all here know....DNI did break the rules by having non-national subs playing for them.  The rule was established before the match.  The running to create a draw issue was not stipulated until after the match.  Nevertheless, the fact is your team indeed did break a rule during the DNI/NA match.  Although admittedly I am a part of the NA team (but wasn't present at that match), I would still be questioning why DNI hasn't been penalized for their error regardless of whether or not it was against my own team.

Nevertheless your comment that you "did not break any rules at the time, and that's a fact.", is hardly accurate.  Remember Sarosu, the running issue was not established before the match, the nationality of subs was.....

Sarosu said:
@cruger

Now you're turning the discussion again into something that should be discussed in DNI thread.

As you can see above, it was you accusing me of wanting another captain.

Sarosu said:
But the reason we had a sitover, was because ESP could only field 7 players, so I agreed to a 7vs7 which would be most fair, instead of a 8vs7. If you have a problem with this, I don't think your opinions matters much.

I know, I was talking the coming ones.

Sarosu said:
I believe I've done my job as captain good. At least we're not missing players every match or using substitudes from other countries.

Certainly, but I still disagree with the way this case is being handled.

Sarosu said:
Now I will do well for DNI as a captain. What I say on these forums, is not on behalf of the DNI. So what does it matter what people think of me, if I'm able to lead the team in a propper manner?

What matters is that if you are disliked and there would come any similar situations in future, people would have picked sides from start, and it would not be yours. In the end that hurts the whole DNI.

:shock:

This is still going on? **** me; grow a pair and move on, that's for both the DNI and US team.

Sarosu said:
*Also. We can run from the *fact* that we broke some rules. Because we didn't. Those rules were not rules till after the match. We did not break any rules at the time, and that's a fact.

That is certainly not true. The original rule was that only players from the teams can play and any kind of merccing was not allowed. Even members from the same nation were not allowed as mercs (that was changed though for now). Arch3r agreed on terms that the merc should be from DNI countries and only one merc for a match.

Cruger said:
We broke the rules by having Zoltanus playing, even though Arch3r did not agree, which I still fully blame G1bbon for.

Also the other mercs who weren't from DNI countries and also the fact that Arch3r agreed to 1 merc for a match. Somewhat annoying that everybody only remembers me. The ****tiest part of this issue is that only g1bb0n knew these terms.

@Used

Nice spam.

Skot the Sanguine said:
  Although admittedly I am a part of the NA team (but wasn't present at that match), I would still be questioning why DNI hasn't been penalized for their error regardless of whether or not it was against my own team.

Just admit you want that default win already.

*We have been penalized. We have to replay 2 matches that we won. We have to play 8 matches in 3 weeks. Please, get over this issue already. We've accepted the decision, so should you.

I am not going to admit to something that I don't want.  I would much rather have either a rematch or it to be counted as a tie.  I just don't like the idea that your team is getting a victory count when it broke the rules.  I can deal with a loss, even if it was the only one the NA team has yet suffered.....

Zoltanus, for the record, I haven't forgotten there was another (British) merc there too.  It is just your higher position in the Cup that I think caught peoples' memory in the matter.

Skot the Sanguine said:
I am not going to admit to something that I don't want.  I would much rather have either a rematch or it to be counted as a tie.  I just don't like the idea that your team is getting a victory count when it broke the rules. 

It's decided that it's a rematch. So no tie, thank you. You will have to fight for that if you really wish it.

And also, we're not getting the victory count. as said before, it's a rematch. We will have to beat you again to get the victory count. Alot of people have said how we should forget and move on with the issue about the BeNe - Ger match. I suggest you do that same with this issue. The decision has been made, it's a rematch.

Now, see you on the battlefield?

Sarosu said:
Just admit you want that default win already.

*We have been penalized. We have to replay 2 matches that we won. We have to play 8 matches in 3 weeks. Please, get over this issue already. We've accepted the decision, so should you.

I may have been warned for my last few posts in this thread, but your depth of stupidity is incredible and I feel obligated to point out the complete lack of sense in this post.

You're telling perhaps the most laid-back player on my team to "get over this issue," claiming you already have, but who's the one who keeps bringing it up and accusing us of something we never wanted? You. Stop being an arrogant twat, Sarosu, you wouldn't know **** if you stepped in it, and you don't know what our team wanted because you never bothered to listen when we told you. You haven't accepted ****, you're just butthurt that your ill-gained victories are yours no longer, so quit giving us sob-stories about how unfair it is for your team that you broke the rules and now you've got the consequences to deal with.

We always wanted a draw, when I first brought the issue to Arch3r's attention I said "I don't want to ask for a default win, as that would be wholly unfair." I never once said "olol default win for America GTFO nubs," and I'll be damned if you're going to sit there and put words in my mouth when you can't even use the spellchecker. I'm only regretting a rematch with your team because of you as I know you'll be turning everything into a fight, and I wish your team would come to their senses and replace you already.

someone_is_wrong_on_the_internet1.jpg

:lol:

God. I love the internet.

Orion said:
your depth of stupidity is incredible

obligated to point out the complete lack of sense in this post.

Stop being an arrogant twat, Sarosu, you wouldn't know **** if you stepped in it,

you're just butthurt

so quit giving us sob-stories

you can't even use the spellchecker.

I'm only regretting a rematch with your team because of you

Please. Are there really a need for these words? I think you should work on your raging thing, as it is not helping anything really.

I don't really care. We're gonna fight those 2 matches, and move on. If you want to dwell on this issue, np, take your time and have fun, troll all you want :wink:

I will see you on the real battlefield, for I will not let my team down by not participating. I hope you're not scared to meet me there? :grin: haha.

Orion said:
but who's the one who keeps bringing it up and accusing us of something we never wanted? You.

That's the important part you seem to have missed, and trying to play the victim isn't helping you. Stop being sanctimonious.

Besides, if you really were over the issue (and truly wanted others to get over it) you wouldn't keep making provocative posts. You're asking for it, and I'm bored enough to give it to you. Don't make this uninteresting now.

*pops in at the moderator mayhem* Damn moderation reports.

Orion, stop using that language and calling people stupid.
Sarosu, stop whatever your fighting about.

Thanks.

Also quote for truth.
Turanien said:
someone_is_wrong_on_the_internet1.jpg

:lol:

God. I love the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom