Suggesions

Users who are viewing this thread

Some suggestions from me:

1. Hunter class- something that bothers me every time- why there is no way to actually hunt with hunting bow? I would like to see a class that has enough power draw for hunting bow (means 1  :wink: ) and enough skill to gather hide and meat from animals
2. Bear as an animal to hunt- please please please
3. Pilgrim outfit (couldn't find one, sorry if there already is) and a walking stick that would be one handed, so walking with it would look realistic
4. Some religion roleplay items- for example the Bible, chalice, hammer of Thor/ Cross necklece as a head armour
5. Outlaw faction on a separated island- so, basicly, just a poor version of vikings. Too poor to be a good target, but having their own ships and raiding England (or even vikings).

Now, some creazy ones here!
6. Encampments- it would be nice if there were some places where players can build encampments (like bridges in PW). They coud serve well for sieges, or for vikings to have a shelter in England
7. Norse God class- it would, of course, be almost unaffordable and completely OP class, with great combat stats and high healing and sailoring skill. In norse mythology (and also in sagas) gods roaming earth were present, so it would be nice to have such events in mod. That would, of course, demand a lot of roleplay (otherwise such god would just end up as another viking class) but played well this would be a great fun for players.
8. Changing visibility- not sure if it's possible, but it would be nice to have for example a fog over the whole map for a short time, so if any vikings are on boat- they will probably get lost and land somewhere unexpected. This was actually quite common, for example that's how Bjarni discovered Vinland.
9. Epidemic- well, this one is a bit insane, and i guess even impossible. However, it would be a "nice" thing to have cities affected by illness from time to time, and every player in infected city would keep loosing health (like being underwater, but for player who are currently inside a city)

1) A Herdsman class does exist, it's just hard to find
2) Boars are dangerous enough already
3) Might not fit this time period?
4) Doable, but is it worth the effort?
5) They would be inseparable from Vikings in the end, for no gain
6) There's one walled farm or such already, in Mercia.
7) I doubt that the devs want to include any unrealistic stuff, even if the sagas are.
:cool: Changing weather and time of day would be nice (night-time raids and torches, yay) but I don't think that it's possible at all, without changing the whole map
9) Even if it was possible, I think it would take too much time to code for too little gain. Then again, I don't know **** about coding.

1) Exists
2) Why bother, it doesn't add anything really
3) Don't see why not
4) Sure, it'd be cool but they'd need to model/texture/implement them
5) Vikings are already poor, how about, instead, they introduce a rival viking faction, would make more sense.
6) While it'd be cool, the Towns can barely be garrisoned, let alone encampments.
7) No, that's ridiculous and we already have gods IG in the form of admins. You'd have people grinding for money just so they can get the God class and troll all of the players. While the Sagas are thought to be based in history, there's no real concrete evidence the Gods DID roam the earth and afaik this mod is going off history for the most part. Nice idea from Viking Conquest though.
:cool: Very difficult and only one instance of diverse weather I think in any mod and it required the use of Warband Script Enhancer. AKA one more way to complicate a mod's download.
9) While sounding fun in idea, players would get VERY agitated VERY quick when they suddenly start losing health for no reason and force them outside their fort. Yes it sounds cool, yes it sounds cinematic, but in the end you have forts evaded like they always have the plague. Nice idea from Reign of Kings though.

1. Ok, checked- herdsman is not quite what i have in mind. PW has huntsman class, it's just not put here.
2. It might look pointless, but come on: a possibility to fight a bear? I want  :grin:
3. Can't see why not too
4. There are actually models already, so putting it in game would be relatively easy
5. There might not be a place for another viking faction, and such outlaws don't need much space.
6. Well, i don't mean encampments as something permanent- more like a shelter for few minutes, while army attacks, to go there and refill ammo. And maybe use a help of medic. And then just destroy the whole thing.
7. I guess I watched too much Vikings series  :wink: and I said, it would take a lot of roleplay
8. As I said just a creazy idea
9. Well, for me roleplay>gameplay, and this would give a lot of chances to roleplay :smile:

But that's just you, you can RP till you're blue in the face but if it breaks the mod for the rest of the people you'll have an even LOWER player count. Sure it'd be cool as a one off thing, and maybe even implement it as siege mechanics but this isn't Single Player, you don't have an option to click a text button that says poison the wells which activates a string of events based on population, and it just wouldn't work well in MP. What you'd have is factions periodically evacuating their settlements just in time for rival factions to smash them outside their walls, besiege them inside their own castle whilst they all lose immense heath while the attackers are sitting pretty outside. The attackers wait for the plague to pass and kill everyone else. That's how it'll work. It won't be a magnificent RP wonderland you like to think it'll be, it'll be players complaining because they randomly started to die in their own city for no reason at all.

TL:grin:R: Gameplay comes over RP because more players play the game than seriously RP, and the RP factions are large-ish and I doubt they'd appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom